[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does OS X get so much hate on here from Windows users? If
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: applelogo-1.jpg (17 KB, 294x394) Image search: [Google]
applelogo-1.jpg
17 KB, 294x394
Why does OS X get so much hate on here from Windows users? If you're OK with closed source software, Apple's ecosystem is clearly better. All Windows laptops that try to compete 1:1 with macbooks cost about as much as a macbook. If you want an open system, Windows is shit too and you should stick with Linux.

Is this place full of man children defending Windows because muh gaymes, or poorfags who hate Apple because they can't afford their stuff?
>>
Well, hatred breeds hatred. For many years Apple in general, which includes all products, have been hated by both people with valid arguments and people who want to fit in with the crowd. As such, like children who must pick on that new kid for wearing different pants, these people -have- to call names on Apple users. This happens on every single subject.

However you said it right there. Some people can't afford the hardware period, and they shouldn't have to depending on their tasks. Some people enjoy videogames, whether you think it's for children or not it's a fact that remains there. And some people enjoy open source software because they have the ability to use it to fit their own needs.

Now, you say that Windows laptops that try to compete 1:1 with macbooks cost as much as a macbook. That might be true. What is also true is that, people who want something simpler and do not need to do video editing on the go and have a powerful machine with a 14 inch screen, do not need a machine that's as powerful as a macbook. Even not being overpriced, it's not convenient for some people because they would rather not spend money on a specific high quality part when they can do just fine with something of lower quality.

In any case, I am not going to deny that OSX is a pretty decent operating system that replaces Windows just fine for most tasks. It's pretty no-nonsense and it's pretty well designed in comparison to Windows nowadays. Just, Windows is more suitable for taking advantage of custom parts rather than prebuilts.

Me? I use both hackintosh and Windows. Both have their uses. Both have their shortcomings. To be fair, the only thing keeping me from using a linux distro is hardware incompatibility at the moment, because I have done a poor choice.
>>
>>54612820
Apple is cheap there own category example: MacBook Air vs Lenovo carbon

There are cheaper laptops exist but if we try to get a same configuration with same size and weight Mac is decent.

Mac makes good hardware no question, but osx is bad.

It is based on unix which is good but there are lots of better os is on the market (windows is one of them)

My reason to not use osx it is unsecure (low market share is not security!!!)
>>
> hate

OS X is constantly praised here, what are you talking about?
not to mention, as an OS X user, much of that praise is undeserved.
>>
File: disgust-014.gif (381 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
disgust-014.gif
381 KB, 640x360
>from Windows users
Because they literally have only ever used Windows all their life and think it's the golden standard for operating systems.
>>
>>54612820

Because every "windows user" on /g/ is a shill. Microsoft is a dead company and Windows is a dead OS, period, and real people have long since switched to different operating systems.
>>
>>54614235
>OS X
>low market share
I don't use OS X anywhere, and even I know this is plain false
>>
You never see wealthy people bitching about Apple. Everyone I know who hates on Apple is envious. Yes they make pretty, often fragile shit. But so does every PC manufacturer outside of Lenovo. The difference is they're ugly and cheap, so no envious hate their way
>>
/g/ actually isn't that bad when it comes to apple hate because most folks know it's all about how much money you have and what your computer's purpose is. most of the people shitting on apple have no reason to own one because they probably play video games all day

>>54615976
>often fragile shit
my macbook pro was backed over by an SUV, only had to replace a cracked screen
>>
>>54612820
Because windows shills are stupid, that's all. So if someone makes a negative claim about Apple (Like hfs+ is a mess, it's a patchwork os and they're fucking hypocrites telling lies like every others), shills will just parrot theses ad nauseatum.
>>
>>54615976
Their laptops are definitely not fragile. We've been using macbooks on the road for over a decade and have only had one screen backlight die and one hard drive fail (6 years after purchase).

Their phones on the other hand...
>>
>>54612820
What do you gain from making these threads every day?

And to the people who respond, why do you respond to these threads, every.. single.. day? Who honestly enjoys endlessly rehashing the same tired debates over and over for years?
>>
I used OS X for a few months before going back to Windows and Linux. It's such a piece of shit for usability. The dock has retarded behavior and a universal menu bar stops you from properly using two applications at once. Also, the new low contrast theme is painful to look at (the high contrast mode helps but it should be the default). I liked the pre yosemite theme so much more too. Fuck this flat trend.
>>
>>54616427
I'm sorry, I read /v/ instead of /g/.

There is a clear hierarchy of Unix system, decreasing from left to right:

Secure (and functional) OS ∈ GNU/Linux, BSD or other Free software OS ∈ Unix systems ∈ computers.

But Windows users boast they have the largest third-party programs library, Mac OS X users boast they have the best WYSIWYG software, and FOSS users just sit comfortably and enjoy it.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.