[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck, /g/. I did not give my computer any indication
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
What the fuck, /g/.

I did not give my computer any indication to upgrade to Windows 10, ever. It was playing a fucking song on vocaroo, and I walk away to make pasta, come back and see this shit.

Is this a fucking forced update or some shit? I do not fucking want to downgrade to Windows 10.
>>
>>54610469
>Alienware
Kill yourself.
>>
I love that "I walked away to (whatever) and came back to Windows 10" became a meme this week.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
>>54610469
Status update.

Is it too late to be save my files? Am I completely fucked?
>>
>>54610469
I don't feel bad for people who pay 4 grand for a 1.5 grand computer
>>
>>54610485
Its not gonna delete you file you retard
>>
>>54610477
>>54610493
It was a gift.
>>
>>54610505
You should've sold it and bought a better one with the money

No matter what scenario, if you touch an Alienware you're a retard
>>
>>54610477
>Overclocked i7

>last gen GPU

kek
>>
>>54610505
And you kept the retarded wallpaper?
>>
>>54610517
>You should've sold it and bought a better one with the money

You don't look a gift horse in the mouth.
>>
>>54610547
You do after you take it back to the stable.
>>
Okay so ignoring the serious asbergers going on in this thread, you'll be fine. There is a roll back option in storage in settings. Do backups though, like holy shit.
Also, give win 10 a try! Might be good.

Otherwise, welcome to what people have asked for. They want to be less responsible for their stuff. They don't want to understand it, they just want it to work, and they think that if someone makes it that way for them then they are somehow worth more. We are all but tech peasants, they are busy doing /important/ things. Sad people.
>>
>>54610469
What the fuck, /g/.

I did not give my computer any indication to upgrade to Windows 10, ever. It was deleting emails on a private server, and I walk away to make pasta, come back and see this shit.

Is this a fucking forced update or some shit? I do not fucking want to be indicted by the DOJ and lose the Democratic Party's nomination for the Presidency.
>>
>>54611257
Shillary owning an Alienware is one of the few scenarios that would actually make me vote for Trump
>>
File: 1459590101077.jpg (336 KB, 875x720) Image search: [Google]
1459590101077.jpg
336 KB, 875x720
Not a regular /g/ poster here.
This just happened to me, I refused to accept the terms and it restored me to win7.

Left my PC on for seeding torrents and I wake up to thid "welcome to windows 10" bullshit.

Was this forced on everyone today or is it random when it happens?
>>
>Le Windows 10 is bad meme

You're a bunch of wankers.
>>
>>54610469
It happend to me too yesterday.It's fucked up .Fuck windows 10
>>
>>54610469
Kek this is what your update screen looks like?
>>
>gaymerfag is tech illiterate
more news at 11
>>
>>54610477
>>54610517
What is this meme? We back in 2008? Alienware PCs have been decent value for a while now.
>>
>Windows 10
>Upgrade
Is it still broken? Ive never tried it but i saw what it did to alot of laptops and desktops 9/10 it fucked everything up.

but i remember the vista to 7 to 8.x 'upgrade' doing the same thing back in the day its just easier to install fresh
>>
You have to delete the windows update that installs the "Get Windows Now" application. Windows will then detect that youre missing the update and attempt to diwnload it again, this is when you select the update and choose "ignore update"

Poof problem gone.
>>
File: 1367966458236.jpg (70 KB, 399x382) Image search: [Google]
1367966458236.jpg
70 KB, 399x382
Post yfw you didn't fall for the windows 10 meme
>>
/thread
>>
>>54610469
how are you idiots still using automatic updates?

every one knows the year before a new windows OS you have to turn it off and leave it off.

microsofts patches are epically shit. from black screens of death (didnt know such a thing was real) to mouse cursors vanishing ect they just suck

and that whole they will drop support thing means nothing. hackers try to keep up with updates. you end up in a sweet spot if you do as i said. your not using the most current and not the oldest. probably a odd patch point before they stopped updating your os version
>>
This is like the 3rd or 4th time microsoft has done this shit. How have you not turned off auto updates yet?
>>
File: 5qscBso.gif (2 MB, 383x576) Image search: [Google]
5qscBso.gif
2 MB, 383x576
>>54615442
Posting in epic bread
>>
>>54615455
For me the sweet spot was Win98 but I'm not a gaymer
>>
>>54615433
How?
>>
>>54610469
The new default in Windows is to auto install updates without a delay option. You gotta change your settings now. This happened to me during an online test which was only available for 30 mins, had to use a friend's laptop.

Even Mac OS does this right.
>>
>>54610469
Tl;dh

(Too lucrative; didn't happen)
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.