[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been playing around with programming for a long time
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
I've been playing around with programming for a long time but I've never really tried building a real substantial project. I want to build a shitty web forum from the ground up, complete with secure user authentication and and all that. What set of languages and tools should I be using for the backend? Django? Rails? Node? ASP? PHP? Is there anything I need besides the main web framework and a database of some sort? there are so many choices and I have no idea what would be the best to go with.
>>
>>54608076
Python with Flask
>>
File: 1461924626810.jpg (10 KB, 435x139) Image search: [Google]
1461924626810.jpg
10 KB, 435x139
>>54608076
Rails or node if you'd like an overall stable project life cycle

Php if you want easy beginnings leading to hell

Asp if you want aids
>>
>>54608076
perl and mojolicious
>>
>>54608076
I'd probably recommend Rails. Also if you're looking for auth, the gem "devise" handles most of that for you. A lot of the CRUD can also be scaffolded pretty simply.

DESU if you plan on doing this in rails, I wouldn't mind helping. Been a while since I did a rails project.
>>
>>54608076

Assembler.

C if you're a pussy.
>>
File: Cf7eHZ1W4AEeZJA.jpg large.jpg (184 KB, 1024x1343) Image search: [Google]
Cf7eHZ1W4AEeZJA.jpg large.jpg
184 KB, 1024x1343
>>54608076
>should
>there are so many choices and I have no idea what would be the best to go with

I'm going to tell you something I only recently discovered: it doesn't matter. Do whatever you want, it's all the same shit. Computers are unimaginably fast just do whatever you want in any language you want as long as it makes sense to you and fucking works. That's all that matters everything else is bullshit, especially for a beginner there's no substitute for experience, best practices and bandwagoning be damned.

That said I'd recommend Go (golang.org) and Angular 2, with postgresql as the database.

If you're not into CSS and design, there's plenty of ready-made shit out there, just search for "css frameworks" and pick one you like.

Good luck Anon.
>>
>>54608407
>Go and Angular2
based stack desu
>>
>>54608076
DO IT ALL IN ASSEMBLY OR YOURE A LITTLE BITCH
>>
Thanks for the advice guys. I think I'll give Rails a shot.
>>
>>54608557
>>54608200
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.