[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Oracle CEO: Google’s Android broke Java in two
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 1458478624357s.jpg (6 KB, 108x124) Image search: [Google]
1458478624357s.jpg
6 KB, 108x124
>It's the seventh day of the Oracle v. Google trial, a legal dispute that began when Oracle sued Google for copyright infringement in 2010. In 2012, a judge ruled that APIs can't be copyrighted at all, but an appeals court disagreed. Now Oracle may seek up to $9 billion in damages, while Google is arguing that its use of the 37 APIs constitutes "fair use."

>"What's the significance of intellectual property protection to Oracle?"
said attorney Annette Hurst to Catz

>"Our whole business is based on the ideas and work that come out of programmers and employees’ heads and that they type into computer code,"

>Then Catz expanded on a line of testimony that she began yesterday, saying that Android has "forked the whole community, meaning, split it into two." It has violated the "write once, run anywhere" promise of Java, she said.

>"Once you write it on Android, you can’t run it on anything but Android," Catz said. "If you write it in Java, you can’t run it on Android."

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2016/05/oracle-ceo-googles-android-broke-java-in-two/
>>
I hope Oracle sues the shit out of Google
>>
>>54601857
i hope google wins this case, so we can finally be rid of fucking shitty java, as it's even worse than flash.
and java never ran on anything except browsers, as you need a fuck ton of plug ins just to try and get the application to run and even then it crashed if it was put under any use.
>>
>>54604043
This. Fuck that language desu senpai
>>
>>54604043
>>54604081

>Hating on Java

You guys are pathetic.
>>
Google should introduce new lang for android. This will kill java once and for all. Oracle loses, Google wins.
>>
>>54604233
Or just use Swift, now that it's open source and would seriously make life so much easier.
>>
>>54604319
that'd require a complete overhaul from top to bottom off android, as java is quite ingrained.
>>
But if android changes from java to another language won't that kill every app from the play store since it won't be compatible?
>>
google fucked oracle today by getting oracle to admit that Java SE and Java ME are not compatible

this meme twitter account is doing minute by minute tweet quoting from the court room: https://twitter.com/sarahjeong
court starts at 7:30 am PST everyday if you want to keep up in real time
>>
File: larry ellison safra catz.jpg (182 KB, 1413x1060) Image search: [Google]
larry ellison safra catz.jpg
182 KB, 1413x1060
>>54601857

Larry is fulfilling the vow of Steve Jobs to destroy Android.

Apple is sued HTC and Samsung, but not Google directly. In contrast, Oracle is aiming at the heart of Android with its Java patent and copyright lawsuits. Steve Jobs biography reveals that Larry Ellison was a very close friend.

“You know, Safra,” General Counsel Kent Walker said, according to Catz, “Google is this really special company, and the old rules don’t apply to us.”

“I immediately said, 'Thou shalt not steal'
>>
>>54604398
Cloud based apps. Chrome Mobile OS. Done.
>>
>>54604398

Meh, apps get updated all the time. The only thing it will kill is legacy support.
>>
>>54604444

what if larry was really steve jobs? and the real larry is dead?
>>
>>54604210
Thanks pajeet
>>
File: Pajeet.gif (2 MB, 178x120) Image search: [Google]
Pajeet.gif
2 MB, 178x120
>>54604210
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.