[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do I need to upgrade? Is the CPU and RAM alright? My specs.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: My case.jpg (322 KB, 1500x900) Image search: [Google]
My case.jpg
322 KB, 1500x900
What do I need to upgrade? Is the CPU and RAM alright? My specs.

CPU: Intel Core i5 3450 3,1Ghz (Ivy Bridge)
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 2048MB
PSU: XFX Core Edition 550W 80+ Bronze
Motherboard: ASRock Z77E-ITX
RAM: Corsair 8GB (2x4096MB) CL9 1600Mhz
>>
>>54600519
The GPU if you want more gayming power.
Everything else is just fine.
>>
>>54600692

Will GTX 970 be enough for current games like the Whitcher 3?
>>
>>54600724
Wait for the 1070 better.
>>
>>54600748

But does that one not require a new motherboard? Cause it is not PCI Express 3.0 slot?
>>
>>54600519
What's your budget, what exactly do you want to accomplish?
>>
>>54600797
U wut m8, nope, you aren't even bottlenecking pci-e 1.0 probably.
>>
I've got an asus GTX 660 directcu II overclocked.
I can play everything just fine, no need to upgrade.
I've got a zr2440w HP monitor 24" with an IPS panel. I can play the latest games with highest settings on a 1920x1080 res.
Upgrade is viable only if you really need to go 4K~ultra.
>>
>>54600822

My budget is unkown. Anything between 200 euro to 2000 euro basically.

I want to make games realistic and enjoyable enough so it can substitute the real world. Like playing Stellaris and make big maps without having to wait for things to load. And exploring worlds like in the Witcher while it looks like the real world.

So I do not have to think about being an unemployed friendless virgin who is turning 30.
>>
>>54600941

But when I play the Witcher 3 with full HD, and maxium details it lags.
>>
>>54600797
PCIe is backwards compatible. Just get new gpu, nothing else needs upgrading. So just wait for 1070 or 1080
>>
>>54601003
Turn off Nvidia HairWorks.
I didn't play tw3, but I confirm that dark souls III is 90% smooth on my rig.
>>
>>54600941
I have a 660 too. Anything at 1080 is usually fine. Maybe a couple small adjustments in settings for new gpu heavy games. But, I'd ask what games you play?
>>
>>54601577

the witcher 3, stellaris,
>>
>>54601577
I played the soul series, mgs:v, gta v, some FPS (plenty flavor of the month solo games and insurgency/squad for mp), fightan games and backlog emulation.
Honestly I don't game a lot anymore like I used to 6 years ago. got old and married wageslave style.
>>
>>54600519
GPU could stand an uprade, and the CPU as well. The benefit of sandy/ivy bridge was high 4.5+ GHz overclocks. You don't have that.
>>
>>54601030
pcie4 may not be however
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.