[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else a two-tinger typist? I've been a serious computer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
Anyone else a two-tinger typist?

I've been a serious computer user for +25 years, but I never learned to type 'correctly'. Not sure it's significantly slowed me down; seems like I type at a reasonable pace.

I remember in high school having to take a typing class (we used Word Perfect for DOS IIRC) and being massively massively frustrated, to the point that I smashed and threw a keyboard one day and got kicked out of the class permanently. That was the end of any attempt at improving.
>>
>>54598506
>to the point that I smashed and threw a keyboard one day and got kicked out of the class permanently.
How very autistic of you
>>
>>54598506
>serious computer user
>can't type
pick one
>>
>>54598578
I suspect it's a result of using computers a lot at a young age, and learning to touch type naturally by experience early, instead of being taught it as a skill later on.
>>
>>54598760
This. I started using a computer since I was around 6. Even though I type with two fingers I can still type without looking at the keyboard and at a decent speed too.
>>
File: ɯǝpınɯ.jpg (10 KB, 64x64) Image search: [Google]
ɯǝpınɯ.jpg
10 KB, 64x64
>>54598506
>two-tinger
>>
>>54598506
Have you ever considered that you are massively autistic and should kill yourself
>>
>>54598506
OP go here:
http://www.typeonline.co.uk/typingspeed.php
And screenshot how many wpm do you get.
>>
>>54598506
You do realize that women, children, elderly, mentally challenged, lazy fat hamplanets who are too fat to walk, and even niggers have learned how to type?
So you are saying you are more retarded than all of the groups I listed above?
>>
>>54598506
>two-tinger
>smashed and threw a keyboard one day and got kicked out of the class permanently. That was the end of any attempt at improving
This is autism
>>
>>54598760
Some people simply can't touch type. I had a friend who had exposure to computers since he was a kid, but to this day (20+ years later) he still can't touch type.
>>
>>54600836
Not op but 58wpm, 2 mistakes
>>
>>54598506
>not sure it's significantly slowed me down
it did, extremely. now force yourself to leave your fingers in the standart typing position and only type like that, ever, knowing which finger is supposed to hit which key. it'll be slow and painful at first, but if you do nothing else youll surpass your shitty 2 finger typing in a matter of months, and get a fuckton quicker afterwards
>>
File: Capture.png (53 KB, 1437x713) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
53 KB, 1437x713
Roast me lads
>>
>Your speed was: 83wpm.

You're definitely missing out, OP.
>>
File: 1337551085182.jpg (78 KB, 750x563) Image search: [Google]
1337551085182.jpg
78 KB, 750x563
I touch-type at 70-80 WPM but am very sloppy since I don't use the homerow etc. - in fact I've noticed that I use only my index finger for pretty much the entire left half. I "guess" the distance and direction of each key relative to the others on every keyboard I type on.

I really want to improve on this so if anyone's got good touch-typing learning recommendations I'd love to hear them. Programs that teach hand positioning, that kind of stuff.
>>
>>54598506
120wpm three fingers
Doesn't matter if you're fast enough
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.