[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3q kdB5bzLY I just got me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: pocket.png (201 KB, 839x427) Image search: [Google]
pocket.png
201 KB, 839x427
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3qkdB5bzLY

I just got me one of these /g/. You jelly? ;^)
>>
Your's was already delivered? I was one of the first hundred preorders and I still haven't gotten mine.
>>
>>54597553
I meant I preordered, sorry. I'm very hyped.
>>
>>54597512
>using the smiley with a carat nose
>>
dammit OP, don't get my hopes up
>>
>>54598545
saying carat
>>
>>54598682
I was actually expecting rage and hate because muh SJW aesthetics of the whole device and company...
>>
>>54597512
So... it can only play games made by the community? What other uses this thing has?
>>
>>54599019
It comes with the PICO-8 thing, which I suppose is what you're referring to.

But it actually has linux installed with LDXE (or Xfce, I forget) on it and runs pretty smoothly. Think something of a low spec openpandora.

The PICO-8 thing (which I think is pretty cool) was added later. But it's just an application that comes preinstalled. You have access to a whole linux system normally. And if you buy the caseless or take this one out of the case (or drill a hole in it) you can also access the GPIOs just as with a raspberry or an ATmega or something.

I think it's pretty cool. Too bad it's feminist bullshit.
>>
File: pins.png (210 KB, 869x311) Image search: [Google]
pins.png
210 KB, 869x311
>>54599019
>>54599230
Oh wait, the case has little holes for all the pins from the chip on top, so you can basically attach your shit there if you want.

It also has audio/video outputs (component only), usb and wifi.
>>
The pocket-CHIP is a pointless fashion accessory that will never get used for anything meaningful. You'll show off your Quake port and then forget about it.

The actual CHIP itself is a great little machine, can't wait for mine to arrive, it'll be in charge of cameras, AC and lightning in my growshed. I grow tobacco and sell it locally, it's really quite popular and taking off as a bit of a craft speciality in cigars.

But yeah, you have fun with your hipster video game machine I guess.
>>
>Proprietary software
no thanks
>>
>>54597553
I too was one of the earliest ones.

I want that poopy little thing stat. I'm going to color mine brown like a classic HP calculator.
>>
>>54599019
>What other uses this thing has?
It's not meant for kids like you. Buy a game boy.

This is a computer with GPIO in a game boy form factor. It's not a game boy.
>>
>>54599269
>component only
It has HDMI anon.

>pointless fashion accessory that will never get used for anything meaningful
OK grampaw.
>>
>>54601187
Cool Gameboy.
>>
>>54597512
>Privative shit on a "homebrew" handheld

Why the fuck will I bother with this shit when I can buy an UzeBox , GCW Zero or similar?
>>
File: Render-Front.png (408 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Render-Front.png
408 KB, 800x600
I'm more excited for the Autismbox Pyra
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.