[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help /g/ I have an impromtu phone interview today for a new web
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: spillinit.png (130 KB, 500x390) Image search: [Google]
spillinit.png
130 KB, 500x390
Help /g/
I have an impromtu phone interview today for a new web dev job and I'm afraid I'll spaghetti all over the place. Any advice?
>>
>>54596535
Have the correct mindset. Assume you are talking to a friend, and don't be afraid to laugh about yourself. You'll seem much more relatable and won't be as nervous.
>>
Bonus info: I'll be doing mainly JavaScript dev
>>
>>54596571

That's actually really comforting advice, thanks!
>>
>>54596535
don't sweat it, be yourself, be a tad bit awkward

if you're applying for an IT position then the interviewer most likely won't care, and if he's a dick about it, you don't want to be working for him anyway

chances are he just wants a competent worker
>>
>>54596535
Just be yourself :)
>>
Define yourself as a "10xer"
>>
>>54596576
>JavaScript dev
You mean JavaScript jujitsu? Don't use boring words, no startup will hire you! Be creative. You're a JS Ninja throwing deadly shuriken functions() - much higher chance to be hired if you talk about yourself in this way
>>
>>54596535

Having a few drinks before the interview usually works for me
>>
File: 1357453762906.jpg (81 KB, 446x575) Image search: [Google]
1357453762906.jpg
81 KB, 446x575
>>54596535
Actually just had a phone interview yesterday.

Make sure you are prepared.
>Research the company.
>Research the person calling you for interview.
>Be prepared to answer questions like "Why do you want to work here? What are your strengths/weaknesses?Tell me about your previous work experience. What do you do in your spare time, any hobbies/ interests?

It's okay to be and sound nervous so long as you can get across all your info to the other person.

Also have a cheat sheet of your resume and answers to questions written out in front of you.

If you really think you'll spill your spaghetti take 2 shots of vodka, smoke half a cigarette or invest in phenibut.
>>
Drink a shot of Jager beforehand
>>
>>54596647
(You)
>>
Practice breath control and always remain more calm than the interviewer. Do not act like this is the only position you can get. Act like you have a shit ton of interviews lined up right now. Do not be a bitch.
>>
File: 1409239021283.png (39 KB, 914x1091) Image search: [Google]
1409239021283.png
39 KB, 914x1091
just bee yourself
>>
I kill adrenaline by doing squats or pushing my hands together as hard as I can.

Also, go somewhere private and stretch arms and legs as far out as you can. Taking up as much space as possible makes you feel more confident and comfortable. Fake it til you make it, faggot.

Have water handy so they don't hear your dry mouth snaking when you speak. Most awkward shit ever.
>>
>>54596535
You'll be fine. Just don't spill the spaghetti.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.