[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DNS issues
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: Untitled-1.jpg (118 KB, 537x360) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
118 KB, 537x360
Hello /g/eniuses. You're my last resort. Throughout long time I'm still facing issues related with my internet connection. Atleast once a day, mostly in the evening, my internet connection goes down. This shit became really annoying and unbearable. Problem even persists when I turn my PC to "sleep" for a night and when I power on my PC in the morning connection is already down. Same goes for WiFi (no connection) while using mobile phone and PC is in sleep mode/powered off. I've tried using every command I Google'd in command prompt (flush, renew, etc. don't remember all of them). Factory default setting or router reset does not help. Dumped my old DLink router and bought a new one (DLink as well). Changed setting mostly related to WiFi (password, SSID, etc.), tried not to touch shit I don't know or have idea in. Scanned whole Windows - no viruses/malware any other shit, and I don't download any EXE apps or any other shit that's potentially dangerous. I turned off firewall in my ESET SmartSecurity antivirus - no help. Finally decided to uninstall ESET and left with Windows Defender, again, no changes. Switched to different (less overcrowded) WiFi channel - nothing. Closed qBittorrent - still some DNS or whatever thing is missing. My PC is directly connected via internet cable to router. Changed the router-to-PC internet cable with a new one - nothing. Literally only escape is just unplugging and then plugging again router in power source. Every time it disconnects I try fixing problems with Windows Network and Sharing Center. What it shows:
>The connection between your access point, router or cable modem and internet is broken
>One or more protocols is missing on your computer
>DNS server is unavailable (or something similar)
When I try to open website in Chrome, it shows:
>DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET
1/15 times Windows fixes some problems, but then after some hours/days it happens again.
>>
install gentoo
>>
>>54595585
>still some DNS or whatever thing is missing
>Changed the router-to-PC internet cable with a new one - nothing.
>Literally only escape is just unplugging and then plugging again router in power source.

it must be the ISPs fault, call them. Check out the modem status from downstream and upstream.
>>
your computer is too retarded to automatically renew its DHCP lease

idk-y probably because you're gay or have 0 space left on your drive
>>
you tried manually setting an IP address and DNS?
>>
>>54595807
>it must be the ISPs fault, call them
Why is that? I mean, when I unplug and plug back again it works.

>>54595833
>your computer is too retarded to automatically renew its DHCP lease
How to fix this shit? I don't even know purpose of DHCP.

>>54595875
I think I have tried, but don't remember 100%. I want to have it on auto, why I need to change something manually? It was working some time ago smooth.
>>
>>54595910
change DNS to 8.8.8.8 which is Google Public DNS, see if your issues persist
>>
>>54595910
also run ipconfig /all in cmd and post screenshot, i'll try and resolve your issue
>>
>>54595940
Thanks, I'll try this out. Still looking maybe someone can offer something else, because I can't test alternative DNS servers right now, since it happens randomly.
>>
does ipconfig /release then /renew work?
>>
>>54595978
looks like he has an IP address, just DNS issues
>>
>>54595976
pretty sure it's going to be DNS. try setting the DNS on your router to 8.8.8.8 and then just see how it is
>>
File: Untitled-2.jpg (541 KB, 723x957) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-2.jpg
541 KB, 723x957
>>54595966
>>
>>54595978
Tried that some time ago, did nothing.

>>54595995
I'm not entirely sure that's DNS, look at my first post that has image from Windows Sharing Center.
>>
>>54596067
okay looks fine there, try reinstalling the driver for the network adaptor
>>
>>54596104
I already did re-downloaded fresh driver from Realtek and installed. Clicking on network adapters and then "Update driver" says it's all up to date.
>>
>>54596067
also post your router config page so we can see what you've got set up there
>>
set primary and secondary dns to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
>>
>>54596129
Just did it. I'll have to wait some hours to see if anything happens.
>>
>>54596151
do both your phone and PC disconnect at the same time?
>>
>>54596151
now do ipconfig /flushdns and restart your browser/pc results should be immediate after that no waiting
>>
>>54596174
i think he means he'll have to wait to see if the disconnection issues persist
>>
>>54596173
I don't know, when I'm on my phone, my PC is in another room. But I guess first goes down router (internet connection) and then obviously WiFi drops off.
>>
>>54596174
>>54596193
Yes. It's all random. As I said earlier, it even disconnecs when my PC is in sleep mode.
>>
File: Capture.png (43 KB, 500x591) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
43 KB, 500x591
>>54596229

oh if that is the case, my bad didn't read all the reply's so far,

OP, check device manager, the properties of the WiFi AND Ethernet controllers, specifically under the power settings, make sure windows is not turning it off on you, also set your power profile to high performance under the control panel power management
>>
>>54596215
even if your internet connection drops, the actual network shouldn't so Wi-Fi should still be up and everything should still be working just without an internet connection.

have you spoke to your ISP?
>>
>>54596246
Power Management tab is unchecked.
Power profile is set to High Performance.

>>54596248
It drops both WiFi and internet connection on my PC. No, I haven't spoke to ISP yet.
>>
>>54596333
Wi-Fi disconnects on your phone?

Ethernet disconnects on your PC?

You sure you changed the router? I'm going now but add me on Steam if you need further help, itsanarse
>>
>>54596356
That's how I think it goes: something happens with router - internet down on PC (connected directly to router) and then across all network (all devices connected to WiFi and so on). Phone shows it has a connection to router and also shows how good range is (ex. excellent, good, fair, poor etc.), but it won't load Google Play or any website.
>>
>>54596356
Forgot to mention - yes I changed router, my old one was DIR-320 now I own DIR-825/AC.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.