[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bluetooth portable speakers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
Is there any point in this? I bought one to try with a laptop and it sounds wrong whether I place it to one side or behind. Don't tell me people actually blast music in public with these with the tablets or phones?
>>
>>54595285
Before someone said >beats,
I did not buy beats.
>>
>>54595297
>Beets
>>
I bought a chink speaker and I use it with my phone, it's comfy
>>
No, it's for "muh beets". Wireless won't sound nice no matter how much money you throw at it. Especially with something like Bluetooth.
>>
File: 1463233080564.jpg (179 KB, 820x439) Image search: [Google]
1463233080564.jpg
179 KB, 820x439
>>54595285
>this one Bluetooth speaker sounds like ass so that means they all sound like shit
>>
>>54595285

yes there is a point. blast music on vacation beach, blast music on camping site, blast music on grill party because not everybody wants to set up non move-able outdoor speakers and the list continues

i normally take it with me when i visit some music events like rotterdam terror corps so people know where i'm heading to
>>
>>54595853
That explains it because I don't go outside.
>>
>>54595959
why don't you create a shitstorm about smartphone cameras with the purpose to take pictures outside with your friends then?
>>
You're supposed to buy two so you can have them play in stereo
>>
File: IMG_20160517_212134.jpg (2 MB, 3456x4608) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160517_212134.jpg
2 MB, 3456x4608
Chinkshit. Cost $20 here in SEA
>>
>>54595285
got bose soundlink 2. it is a great portable speaker, after 4 years I still get consistently 5+ hours of loud music out of it. overpriced in an apple way, but with actually good build quality and a premium feel like no other object I own. My guess is that if you get any portable bluetooth speaker with a price above 150 euros it'll be probably not shit. mine was 300 at buying time.
>>
>>54596243
I think it's fine if you use it for phones but I have no idea how to position it with laptops.
>>
>>54595536
b-but muh Apple™ iPhone™ 7™
>>
OP here. nvm I know how to position it with a laptop now... with the speaker behind the screen and pointing upwards from the table.
>>
Get a UE boom 2. It's cheap af atm. It's water proof and has great 360° sound. Worth every penny.
>>
I have that Harmon kardon circle speaker thing

It's nice when I'm out on the deck, in the kitchen, working around the garage, etc

Good for music and podcasts. But if you're in a stationary space like a desk, you should have a more traditional speaker setup
>>
I got the blue insignia Bluetooth speaker/ power battery bank. it's great loud as hell and battery last 20+ hours of use. Only con is that you can't charge and use speaker at the same time. Cost was 30 bucks.
>>
>>54595285
Xiaomi (get the stereo one) and Sardine have decent speakers. Both Chinese, you can basically order them worldwide.

>>54595536
Beh, the audio encoding isn't perfect on a2dp but it can be "nice". Definitely better than the usual radio quality quite a few people still listen to.
>>
>>54595536
Any music with a bitrate of 320kbit/s or higher is good enough for me
>>
>>54602358
That's a ridiculously high bitrate for an Opus or AAC or such encoding.

And pretty low if you are doing PCM.
>>
>>54595536
You know a good portion of Bluetooth speakers have an aux port
>>
>>54602358

Bluetooth protocol still compresses the music before it gets sent to the reciever so the music source above 192k (mp3) isn't going to sound as good as a wired speaker
>>
>>54604903
Depending on the version of Bluetooth, it really doesn't matter

Bluetooth 4.1 can send a stream of around 810kbps
>>
File: ue-roll-960-2.jpg (206 KB, 960x523) Image search: [Google]
ue-roll-960-2.jpg
206 KB, 960x523
Bought this for 60 freebux. Good sound, waterproof, battery at 9 hours and the shape and handle sold me.

Got the bottom right one AMA
>>
File: UE-Roll-Bluetooth-Waterproof1.jpg (24 KB, 700x400) Image search: [Google]
UE-Roll-Bluetooth-Waterproof1.jpg
24 KB, 700x400
>>54605732
Just to show the handle. I can hang it off a doorknob, tree branch, or around my neck (this was initially just somethin I intend to use as part of a future Halloween costume but now I use it all the time).
>>
>>54595285
ue boom or jbl or bose soundlink
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.