[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PRIVACY IS OVER
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: cbp.jpg (339 KB, 980x980) Image search: [Google]
cbp.jpg
339 KB, 980x980
"If the founders of a new face recognition app get their way, anonymity in public could soon be a thing of the past. FindFace, launched two months ago and currently taking Russia by storm, allows users to photograph people in a crowd and work out their identities, with 70% reliability."

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/may/17/findface-face-recognition-app-end-public-anonymity-vkontakte
>>
I barely leave my apartment, but even if I did, how would a photo "work out my identity"?
There isn't a single picture of me on the interent.
Hell, googling my name doesn't even return any results related to me.
>>
only if you're dumb enough to be on social media
>>
>>54595025
>>54595026
>not on Facebook
wew lads, get some lives
>>
>>54595025
> Hell, googling my name doesn't even return any results related to me.

good job giving your identity to the big brother, now they have a name to put on your internet activity profile

i did the same mistake too
>>
>>54595044
I have an anonymous facebook account that has no real picture/info. Works out fine.
>>
>>54595025
Never traveled either? My pic was taken during my trip to the US, France and Japan. So if govs share their data, they have mine.
>>
>>54595026
This. Someone who shares half its life on a social media can't really expect to not get everything about them discovered through a simple photo or name.
>>
>>54595057
Traveled all over Europe. Never had my picture taken. Didn't even know this was a thing.
>>
someone post the rest of those cyberpunk identity-protecting hairstyles
>>
>>54595044
Facebook got too popular, even normies here are deleting their account
>>
>>54595078
schengen mate. big up the EU superstate
>>
Just wear a hat and fake mustaches
>>
>>54594987
Just to know, how do I know I left too much information about myself in the Internet?
>>
ahahahaha freetards btfo
>>
>>54595126
If you have to ask it's too late senpai
>>
>>54595071
wew lad, what do you do when your friends share your data for you?
>>
>>54595677
you poison them and make it look like a suicide
>>
>>54594987
Face recognition and matching has been a thing for decades. If you think some random slave company is the first to do it now in 2016 then you are very ignorant and just another sensationalist media idiot
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.