[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Connect to Tor >First node is the same node
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: 2.png (303 KB, 600x610) Image search: [Google]
2.png
303 KB, 600x610
>panic
I always have the same node also sometimes it gives me a long address with X n shit telling me that i'm not using Tor.
>>
File: d.png (12 KB, 689x294) Image search: [Google]
d.png
12 KB, 689x294
here so when this happen i just restart tor obviously but i wonder why it happen.
>>
Are you trolling or just retarded?
>>
You are using the tor browser?
>>
People still use tor?
>>
>>54594471
no i'm serious
i've been having this shit 2 weeks ago or idk maybe after the last update
>>54594483
yeah of course from their website
>>54594487
well
>>
>>54594487
Only junkies, peadophiles and stupid children.
>>
Using tor itself already looks suspicious.
>>
File: onions.jpg (196 KB, 960x678) Image search: [Google]
onions.jpg
196 KB, 960x678
>>54594494
>no i'm serious
Ok, well your first node is called the Guard node, it never changes unless you wipe all the files and reinstall Tor.
If it changed it would make it easier for bad guys to break Tor.

If it says you're not using Tor, it means you did something wrong. Don't restart Tor while the browser is running, just restart the browser or click the "New identity" button on the onion menu.
>>
>>54594487
torrent sites use it

>>54594507
existing is suspicious
>>
>>54594535
You've got to be kidding me.

If you reveal your first node, it's fucking trivial for anyone spying on your connection to know what you're doing on Tor and break all security.
The only solution is to delete everything, reinstall Tor, read the manual, and stop being a retard.

TL;DR: You just fucked yourself.
>>
>>54594550
kek alright sorry idk about this shit
I thought tor choose random nodes when you connect
>>
>>54594550
>>54594550
Thanks senpai anon
>>
>>54594570
It picks random nodes, except for the first one.
The first and last ones are the most important, and the first one doesn't change (actually it changes ever 6 months or so).

>>54594580
Np. Now get off my /g/, this isn't tech support.
>>
>>54594587
:(((
>>
>>54594642
Hey I'm not paid to solve your problems, I got my own life, thank you very much.

RTFM: https://www.torproject.org/docs/documentation.html.en
>>
>>54594653
I just asked a question, yeah i don't know shit about tor but i thought this is something spooky that everyone should know.
Also if they give us the same node then tor is shit.
>>
>>54594692
>I just asked a question, yeah i don't know shit about tor but i thought this is something spooky that everyone should know.
I get it mate, but we're seven billion in here, if you're looking for answers that's what the Doc is for. They didn't write it for nothing.

>Also if they give us the same node then tor is shit.
They don't, obviously.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.