[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
iOS 9.3.2 bricking iPads with 'Error 56'
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 1407119379594.png (129 KB, 724x611) Image search: [Google]
1407119379594.png
129 KB, 724x611
You can't make this shit up any more, Apple's quality has GONE DOWN THE FUCKING TOILET

"This appears to be related to an attempt to update the firmware of the NFC IC/chip during the update/restore process.

Multiple mentions in the update logs regarding opening and failing serial UART commands on the NFC IC. Oddly (and suspiciously) the logs show the restore/flashing tool for the NFC IC is being told to load firmwares for two different NXP NFC ICs. After the tool fails to flash the NFC IC it triggers the restore to fail with code 56 as I'm guessing a CRC integrity check for the NFC chip fails due to the failed/corrupt flashing of the firmware. The sporadic nature of the failure is confusing, but I'd take a stab at a bad UART clock signal somewhere.

This will likely be resolved by changing the images that the tool is trying to flash to the NFC IC or by being a bit safer with how the serial sessions are opened. It is, however, incredibly annoying."
>>
>>54593845
>has GONE DOWN THE FUCKING TOILET

>has
>>
>>54593845
Apple """"""""""""updates""""""""""""
>>
>>54593845
>Buying Apple products

TOP KEK
>>
Jobs died for this?
>>
Hey guys, I don't own a single Apple product. Will I be affected by this bug/feature?
>>
>>54594656
Yes. People will complain to you about it
>>
>>54593845
ishit are for bimbos

even chads go for LG/HTC phones nowadays

stop posting about them already
>>
>>54593845
>iMeme
>>
>>54594691
But the company has such high moral integrity, fighting gubment demands for disclosure and such.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.