[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why can you not buy just "Downloads" of movies, like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
Why can you not buy just "Downloads" of movies, like you can with songs or games?

I actually would buy movies if you could just buy legal MKVs without DRM bullshit but I don't have a blu ray player and I'm refusing to get one, when I have a laptop that's 100x more powerful and has 10x more space than a blu ray.

but the only legal options are
>blu ray, requiring expensive proprietary bullshit player, that you can't even use on some monitors and have to get a TV, if the blu ray breaks, you're fucked and you have to change disks mid-way into the movie lmao
>streaming """"high quality"""", compressed versions with missing languages, features, everything from disks, you never own them, when your subscription runs out you're out of luck and even if you buy stuff from Amazon you can still only "stream" it (for an indefinite amount of time, but it's still streaming and if Amazon goes bankrupt or just decides to cancel the service, then well tough fucking luck)

What's their problem anyway? EVERY SINGLE movie and TV show STILL gets cracked and uploaded to TPB within a matter of hours/days, so why even bother?
>>
>>54593531
Well stealing is wrong regardless of how efficient and fast it got.

But yea you have a good point - I would also buy just downloads of movies - and hopefully that would be at least cheaper than the physical blu-ray disk
>>
>>54593531
The industry doesn't want to change, that would cost too much money. The more control they have over you the better for them.

I'll never feel guilty about pirating things, especially since they fuck over Australians extra hard.
>HBO bitching that Australia is pirating GoT more than anyone else
>Only to watch latest episodes in a timely manner is to pay for Foxtel ($700 a year)
Fuck that
>>
File: 6ba.jpg (262 KB, 890x890) Image search: [Google]
6ba.jpg
262 KB, 890x890
>>54593581
>watching Game of Normies
>>
>>54593607
Eh, it's not the best show but it's okay. Got to see some nice tits yesterday.
>>
It's much better strategy to sell subscriptions. Maybe you discover something from their catalog or forget to unsubscribe. There is so many more opportunities in subscription plans. More ways to influence you.
>>
>>54593621
Just kidding, Anon, GoTo is fine

I even read the books
>>
>>54593531
Why would you even complain about this. Let those dumb fucks continue making it inconvenient to access give them money. I'll continue pirating.
>>
>>54593621
Fucken Daenerys just wreaking shit wherever she goes.
>>
>>54593531
It might not make sense for you, but if you can buy video files downloads without DRM from Amazon and your 67 year old aunt Suzie reads a tutorial on CNET on how to put that file on a flash drive and give it to her friend Margret, she might end up doing this instead of just recommending her to buy the DVD.
She won't download from TPB though, because it's too hard for her.

I'm pretty sure they're well aware that their DRM can be cracked at any point, it's just to keep normies who don't know any better from sharing their shit.
>>
>>54593694
>muh strong womyn
Can't wait till she gets raped again...
>>
>>54594027
I can't wait for her to be raped by one of the dragons
>>
>>54594043
Wait until GoTs Jewcuckstein producers make the dragons female because "muh grill power"!!

Read the books. They ruined Robert "Evil Rayciss Cracka" Baratheon in the show.
>>
>>54594071
Autism at it's finest...
>>
>>54593544
He never mentioned stealing.

Btw, downloading/streaming without a license is not stealing. And who steals disks nowadays?
>>
>>54593544
>he fell for the stealing meme
>>
File: 1454323804877.jpg (8 KB, 209x233) Image search: [Google]
1454323804877.jpg
8 KB, 209x233
>>54593607
>>54593621
>>54593661
>>54593694
>>54594027
>>54594043
>>54594071
kys
>>
>>54593531
I had a Bluray player/burner in my desktop PC that I custom assembled.

I don't see the issue here. Are you a broke faggot? My assumption is not because you opt to buy Bluray movies. Buy a fucking 60 optical drive and get rid of your 6x CD burner you faggot.
>>
>>54593544
>stealing
>>
>>54593531
control, you stupid fuck! why sell it to you once when they can sell it to you every time tech changes?
>>
>>54593531
You actually can, but it's very expensive
>>
>>54596887
>I don't see the issue here.
The issue is keeping a series of plastic disks around and putting them into a machine to view them.

If you are currently thinking
>but it only takes a second you fucking crybaby
then you're no longer allowed to use Wikipedia and have to look shit up in a paper encyclopedia with the same rationale until you realize how bullshit it is
>>
>>54600093
I just disagree though. Having discs IMO is better for value. You get actual, physical property. Sure you need to be inconvenienced by placing them somewhere convenient for your media center but you get the benefit of physical property, no account DRM and you get the option to resell the disc later.

I buy what I can on disc for shitstation so I can sell it all for more later on rather than have everything tied to a useless account.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.