[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Realistically, what can one achieve by knowing the IPs of every
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: 1463424276803.jpg (126 KB, 640x692) Image search: [Google]
1463424276803.jpg
126 KB, 640x692
Realistically, what can one achieve by knowing the IPs of every 4chan poster?
>>
>>54589115
he can sell it to people interested, he doesn't give a shit about the ip, he's just a jew
>>
>>54589115
You can see what ip addresses belong to people who don't have girlfriends.
>>
>>54589115
install gentoo
>>
>>54589138
What if I'm dating a trap?
>>
>>54589115
Nothing useful,really
you could troll them
but srs why would u want that
>>
>>54589115
Umm nothing.

>Knowing every IP would not be as useful as knowing a few targets.

If you think it is smart to attack everyone then you're retarded.

I would target a few IPs and continue to strike them with childish attacks completed by kali linux software.
>That is what the retard hackers of 4chan do anyway.

Now OP, fuck off, get a job, learn to program, and stop asking retarded questions to people who understand how to hold them selfs back before they spew retarded questions.

>Next time just ask how to hack
>>
>>54589115
4chan gets 2 million unique IPs

Boards are fairly slow.

This means that people are heavily interested in what the small amount of 4chan posters have to say. It's a huge market.

From this interest, people want to know: Who 4channers are, where 4channers live, and the opinions attached to this personal information. Since there's multiple boards and a promise of "anonymity," people are more encouraged to leak little pieces of information with every post.

So for example, Hiroyuki knows that IP 37.51.361.31 lives in New York, owns 3 cats, is male, between the age of 25-30, likes video games, and is an extreme racist.

This data can go to anyone interested. What can be done with this data? With the entire sitewite data, 4chan's userbase can be boiled down into raw intelligence: a complete database on the intimate habits of every 4chan user, which is of great interest because of it being featured on Fox News, CNN, Time Magazine, Reddit, every meme site, etc. We can know who created what, the images they've uploaded, and who exactly IS the 4chan we're so interested about.
>>
>>54589213
dayum, hirojewki must be making a lot of money off 4chan. he probably got his money's worth by now (1yr)
>>
>>54589213
I m the 4chan
>>
>>54589239
You're a retard who has not had interaction the opposite sex since you were born.

Even your mum rejected you from sucking on her tits.
>>
>>54589128
tfw I just paid hiroyuki to give me your IP and each one of your posts
>>
>>54589260
Yes that is what I said,I m the 4 chan

rip anon

:^) carat smile for extra likes
>>
>>54589211
>what is a stateful firewall.
>>
File: 1457166020076.jpg (80 KB, 1024x723) Image search: [Google]
1457166020076.jpg
80 KB, 1024x723
>>54589115
>Demographic of posters
>Trends based on regional activities and times
>Discover if certain threads are a sounding board for a specific culture
>Get a string of posts from certain users to get more context about the individual
etc
>>
>>54589115
>>>/biz/
>>
Did you know that Hiro was involved with NicoNico Douga, Japan's biggest company. From them he learned how they mine data like pros. It went like this NicoNico has commisioned that firm Brazil Future Search to make a real-time search engine for comment text data only. They don't give a shit about videos, because they are not important for datamining.
That search engine will provides data to Effyis (boardreader.com). Boardreader.com is of course anothe company under Brazil Future Search's umbrella. It may sound odd, but they already working on a 4chan search to their board search. Enough of that.
Effyis (boardreader.com) then provides a firehose of data to Hottolink, which is their parent company, to use in data mining. The results are then given to NicoNico who use it for market research. Part of the deal was that Hottulink the right to do everything the hell they want with the data. Analytics data of NicoNico posts are regular product that Hottolink sells to various Japanese Companies. Rumor has it, that Gainax is one of their most infamous customers. The next step then, well, there is no next step! NicoNic users have already had their data sold to the highest bidder. No real personal information attached. Thats the shit Hiro learned from them.
>>
>>54589213
An IP is not a person.
>>
>>54589575
If you're not a lawyer, judge or prosecutor, it is.
>>
Found another thing about Hottolink! That they are working on a search engine for this place is very unsettling if you ask me.

http://www.hottolink.co.jp/pdf/english/ir20150828.pdf
>>
>>54589593
Nothing since your ip is most likely dynamic and also behind a PAT.
>>
>>54589708
Whoops meant to reply to op
>>
>>54589211
Real question, is Kali Linux actually used for hacking?
>>
>>54589115
He would know that we post on cafes & public wifi
>>
>>54589708
Short term statistics are also valuable, and the buyer of the data can decide whether it's the same person
>>
Denial of Service and maybe find what city do you live.
Also, the attacker can try to ISP dox you.
>>
>>54589948
Also datamining
>>
>>54589153
you'd have a boyfriend then
>inb4 faggotry
>>
>>54590151
>trap
>boy
What a fag
>>
>>54589780
Different guy here.

The answer is yes, but mostly by skiddies. I work as a vulnerability research engineer for Apple and I use Crunchbang and Lubuntu for my job. OS X and Windows 10 for personal. Kali is shit.
>>
>>54589115
It's a long shot, but hypothetically, this could happen.
>Throw their IP address into a Skype resolver.
>Get their Skype name, then their email.
>Put that on Facebook/Pipl.
>If you find proper results, you potentially have all you need to perform a full dox.
Once again though, it's a long shot, but depending on the person, it may work.
>>
>all dis /tech/ tards

time to accept that your memechan is dead

jimshills
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.