[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shilling for some random kickstarter I found
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: springswitch.png (141 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
springswitch.png
141 KB, 300x225
Hey /tech/.

Do you like keyboards?

Do you like the old buckling spring switches?

Do you wish you could buy singular ones to make custom or small-batch keyboards?

Apparently, this dude does too:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1739705432/modernized-buckling-spring-keyboard-switch

Upsides: buckling spring switches available for everyone!

Downsides: says he's got a patent pending.

kthxbai
>>
>implying that's not your scamstarter
FUCK off OP you giant faggot with your nigger scamstarter.
>>
Is it better than thinkpad scissor switches?
>>
>>54585594
It's not mine - I'd make a fancypants marketing campaign with mass appeal to run on facebook if it were.

I've just been looking around for some keyboard to satisfy all my wants today. There aren't any more datahands for sale that I can find. And the cheap split keyboards have dumb switches. And there aren't buckling spring switches available, although they're supposedly even better than clicky cherries.

I just want to build a split ergonomic keyboard with buckling spring switches :(
>>
>>54585633
hopefully! my thinkpads are decent to type on. but then, laptop keyboards tend to be too small for me, really. arms all angled inwards.

I don't know if I've ever used buckling spring switches. ESR really likes them, though:
http://esr.ibiblio.org/?p=4975
>>
Thanks op I'll be sure to support this kikestarter !!!!111!!!1111one
It will be epic, epic for teh winzorz :^]
>>
>specific kinds of keyboard switch mechanisms

Autism.
>>
>>54585559
No
No
Hell no.

I don't understand the fetish for keys that you have to depress to the point of suicide in order to type. So long as the key goes down enough for me to register that I typed something, I'm happy, the less the better.
>>
Way overpriced for just plain switches. Would rather spend 300 for a real kishsaver or a fully completed board from modelfkeyboards
>>
What's even the point of this?

I really don't understand the autism of all this effort, just to have another type of key on a computer keyboard. There are already a lot of types for all tastes. Why invent and patent a new marginally different one?
>>
There would definitely be demand for buckling spring keyboards with backlighting, macro keys and n key rollover.
>>
Unicomp still make the original model m and it's cheaper than that jewstarter shit.
>>
imagine one day you're gayming and your keys just start flying lmao

and then you don't find them
redefining planned obsolescence
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.