[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What provider does /g/ use for their phone?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 1462030063300.jpg (215 KB, 912x300) Image search: [Google]
1462030063300.jpg
215 KB, 912x300
what would you guys use and does it fit you?

ive been using straighttalk for years now. 45 dollars a month for 5gb of data with unlimited talk and text.

however ive been looking into this new provider called republic wireless. 10 bucks for only unlimited talk and text. does anyone have any experience with them to share an opinion with? perhaps theres better alternatives?

pic unrelated
>>
They are a Sprint MVNO so all that entitles, garbage service throttled to shit on an already shitty network. You will be provisioned lower than every other MVNO and if there is traffic, you can count on having http connections reset so often that you will strugle to load an image.

On the flip side you will have absolutely no customer service and will be out the cost of the phone because it will be incompatible with every other network.
>>
I just use AT&T because I always have and the service has been reliable across my whole region. The value is shit for what I pay but I'm not interested in finding out what bullshit a new provider will hoist on me.
>>
>>54583704
ive heard about this image sending problem.

is it only limited to text messages? I use instant messenger apps for talking to family and friends. so honestly i wouldnt mind if images dont load within the stock image app.

also i dont really use data at all. im at home 90% of the time and when im not home im at work where all i need is call or text. so the 10 dollar unlimited call and text (0 data) service is still looking appealing to me, since i will just use my wifi at home for data
>>
I don't understand why providers cant give unlimited data. I like my plan: 300mbs internet + unlimited talk and text 29€/month
>>
Any thoughts on H2O? I've been using T-mobile and spending like $56 for unlimited talk & text plus 1gb of data. H2O has unlimited talk & text with 500mb of data for only $35.
>>
>>54583523
Been using Tmobile for 14 years now and I use a Nexus 6 with their unlimited Data Plan. Its been great as I can watch/listen to all I want and tether to laptop without any issues.

Its not the fastest at times but 3 mbs solid at its lowest which is fine with me.
>>
Ringplus, because I am an impoverished Jew.

(2.5Gb data + 2500 minutes + 2500 texts)/month

Shit's free, but the service is spotty, and I feel they can cut it at any time
>>
I'm in Canada so get ready for some cuckery. I pay 65 for 3gb data, 300 minutes calling, and unlimited texting. For some reason, since I bought a Galacy s7, they sent me a text that gave me an extra gb for 3 months, and 3 month subscription to netflix, so that's cool.
>>
>>54583523
ATT no contract
$40/mo
unlimited voice and text
2gb LTE data with rollover; unlimited data thereafter at shit speed
>>
Op here.

While looking at all these plans ive come to the conclusion that i will be using the republic wireless 10 dollar wireless plan.

unlimited calls and text with .5 data.

ive looked at these other services but i feel like i would be paying too much for something i hardly ever use. i dont play games, i dont watch videos, (some) i dont stream music or anything. i simply just browse the internet, call and text.

This will theoretically cut my $540 a year plant with straighttalk. to unlimited call and text to $120 a year a 420 difference, 420 is the amount i will save. And if i need to use data its $7.5 per .5gb that i can buy from their app.

thanks all for your input it was appreciated but i dont think i should pay 40-50 dollars for all these fancy plans. When i can easily cut it down to 10 dollars and use my 10mb wifi.
>>
>>54583884
Its a Sprint MVNO problem.
They reset connections as a form of throttling.
>>
>>54583523
As soon as Republic Wireless starts accepting Galaxy S7 Edge I'll be switching to them
>>
how is googles phone service
>>
T-Mobile 2 for 100 unlimited everything
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.