[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://arstechnica.com/information- technology/2016/05/html5
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1
File: logo.png (223 KB, 950x610) Image search: [Google]
logo.png
223 KB, 950x610
http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2016/05/html5-by-default-googles-plan-to-make-chromes-flash-click-to-play/

IT'S OVER, AIDSDOBE IS FINISHED & BANKRUPT
>>
>>54580291
Cool.
>>
>>54580291
Flash is a good boy, he dindu nuffin.
>>
How will Newgrounds survive?
>>
>>54580381
Firefox
>>
About damn time. This has been common sense for a while now.
>>
How will HomestarRunner survive?
>>
>Click to play
Welcome to, years ago?
Also, why that article post an Adobe Flash plugin installer imagen when chrome doesn't accept it for a while now?
>>
Conflating a piece of software you don't like with an illness that has caused so much death and pain to millions is really sophomoric and inappropriate.
>>
>>54580381
They're porting all the movies to their html5 player.
>>
>>54580529
they're replacing episodes with embedded youtube vids.
>>
>>54580381
They haven't been truly alive for over ten years now.
>>
>>54580565
it's a joke reddit calm down
>>
>>54580381
>>54580529
You can just look for your favorite toons from those sites on YouTube.
>>
>>54580570
But what about the games? I figure porting them there is not a trivial task at all.
>>
>>54580565
besides, adobe's software rental model is more analogous with cancer than aids.
>>
>>54580622
The only prbolem is the games. There's a few half decent flash games scattered around the internet that will never make the jump. I wish Mozilla didn't put shumway's development on hold
>>
>>54580631
>>54580637
Also in 5 years nobody will enjoy watching tiny, blurry 4K videos on our new SuperMemeHD screens. There is no real alternative to flash yet when it comes to vector graphic animations.
>>
>>54580622
Most Flash vids I've seen on YouTube are poorly ripped/captured with terrible audio and framerate b/c the uploader's toaster can't handle Flash and Hypercam at the same time.

Very rarely do the animators themselves upload to YouTube.
>>
>>54580664
Sure .swf files blow up real nice but if the art assets are made with flash's shitty vector brushes you can be sure it'll fall apart and look like the sloppy mess it actually is at high res.
>>
>>54580706
There was no way to export .fla files to video well until swivel was developed a few years back, so even the animators themselves had no better option than "unregistered hypercam" running on a 2006 PC
>>
>>54580637
>the games

They will live on a mobile games as must module games ripoff a flash game
>>
>>54580751
>There was no way to export .fla files to video

Now that's a lie. Flash can export these animations properly per frame.
>>
Big deal. I've been using Flash Block for as long as it has existed. Flash has always been click to play for me.
>>
>>54580786
not if you use embedded movie clips, trust me, flash's export options besides .swf are a joke, and since .swf is deprecated...
>>
>hurr flash is soo bad
>lets introduce webassembly and proprietary decoders
lel
>>
Has anyone ever seen a FutureSplash (.spl) file? Apparently flash player can still play those
>>
>>54580291
I setup flash so sites had to ask for permission to use flash. Turns out flash is everywhere, github, gmail, all sort of places where you don't necessarily expect it. The darn pop up asking permission to use flash became intolerable so I just removed flash altogether. If I have an actual use for flash I open another browser.
>>
no more z0r.de for you, anon
>>
>>54580291
no. fuck you.
>>
>>54580822
Can't wait for Webassemblymaking JavaScript finally obsolete
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.