[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
media server software
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: subsonic_logo.png (42 KB, 512x406) Image search: [Google]
subsonic_logo.png
42 KB, 512x406
how can I stream mp3s from my server?

besides subsonic, they want my money
>>
>>54579866
setup a DLNA server
>>
minidlna / chromecast
>>
>>54579866
There is a fork of when subsonic was FOSS, can't remember the name
I'm interested too, but 1$/mo is not that expensive
>>
Okay I found these
https://www.sonerezh.bzh
http://ampache.org/
Ampache logo is fucking jokerman
>>
>>54579866
MPD
>>
>>54579866
http://icecast.org/
>>
>>54580087
>but 1$/mo is not that expensive
it's the principle of charging money for free software.

>>54580340
Be aware, Ampache is absolute shite.
It cannot handle mkv's if you're interested in streaming anime. When you add new files, you need to add the files to a catalog and wait for the catalog to rescan all files in the target directory.
You cannot do folder-based structuring. You need to use their shitty cataloges.
The web GUI is slow and reeks of 2009 in terms of visuals. You can likely skin it, but I never bothered.
If you want to stream off your phone, you need a media player that can fetch Ampache's API, and those that support it are all shit. Unless you like to squint your eyes at the non-scaling nonresponsive webGUI.
>>
For music streaming I've been testing CherryMusic but the UI is pretty ugly otherwise its okay so far.

I'm planning to try koel -soon it looks neat.
>>
>>54580509
>no longer open source
>free software

Besides the fact that what you said doesn't make any sense, I'd rather pay for a product I like which is not backed up by a software house so that should keep the developer working on it.
>>
>>54580917
>>no longer open source
It was free software, you basket case.
I don't support greedy developers who take FOSS, turn it into a "freemium" product and slap ads on top of it all.

>I'd rather pay for a product I like which is not backed up by a software house so that should keep the developer working on it.
If they want money for the product, then they are a "software house". Subsonic is no longer free software, not in free beer and absolutely not in freedom. I have to subscribe to their greedy online service to get rid of advertisements and to unlock the full capabilities of their package.
That is in no way okay, seeing as the product was free software in the past.
>>
>>54580087
>fork of when subsonic was FOSS
Madsonic

Also, Plex. No ads, and you can entirely do without its premium features if all you want to do is stream MP3's.
>>
And no one mentioned mpd?

For shame, /g/.
>>
>>54581865
>Also, Plex. No ads, and you can entirely do without its premium features if all you want to do is stream MP3's.

I thought Plex was free if you download it and run it on your server? Streaming videos and music...
>>
>>54581095
subsonic is still free as in freedom, you mongoloid. if too retarded to into Apache/Nginx/PofrtForwarding AND you stream to your phone, then it's a $1/month for the license.
>>
File: chrome_2016-05-16_14-12-49.png (89 KB, 1176x752) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2016-05-16_14-12-49.png
89 KB, 1176x752
>>54581969
It is free. I'm saying you don't need the premium features (pic related) if you're just streaming.
>>
>>54581095
> I'm a poorfag

Madsonic dev sells his own $3 shitty app to "unlock" full functionality too. Granted that's a one off payment and $3 < $12,
>>
http://ampache.org/
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.