[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
VJing for dumbasses ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: TZT.png (253 KB, 621x392) Image search: [Google]
TZT.png
253 KB, 621x392
Hi /g/, I hope this is the right place to ask because I'm desperate right now.

I have friends who plays in a band, and they have a concert next week. We worked on visual effects for the whole set, including lights, strobe AND video projections. I will have to handle this on stage.

The thing is, I know nothing about VJing. I don't need anything fancy, just to launch video samples without lag to match the music. Ideally, I would like a really simple interface with a mosaic that shows the samples and the associated keyboard keys, and the video output on second screen (projector).

I tried Resolume but I can't put samples in it. I have the right video format, they show in the integrated explorer, but when I drag n drop a sample in the interface, it just disapears without any error message or sound or anything.

I tried OpenTZT but it looks like it's from the 90', it changes my display parameters, and when I go to the config window and try to put the output on second monitor, I have an error and it stops working.

Right now i'm using VLC but I cant separate the controller from the output, or if I do, every time I switch videos, the output window goes back to the first screen and default size. And I can't associate a key with a sample, I have to select the next video with arrow keys and then launch it with enter. It's not good enough for songs with fast changes, and when I need to handle strobe and lights at the same time.

Please tell me there is something really simple and efficient I can use... Like a working OpenTZT or a simple Resolume... Even a plugin for VLC would do it...

=> TL;DR

Every time I touch software it fails. I need a REALLY simple VJing software just to launch video samples on second display.

Sorry for my english.
>>
TL:dr >>>/reddit/ is you're friend new friend. /g/ doesn't know shit on what you're talking about.
>>
>>54580574
Thanks but I never tried Reddit. I'm supposed to create an account ? Then how do I create a thread ? The website is confusing...

Is /g/ only for memes and insulting eachother ?
>>
>>54581063
Pretty much. Good luck.
>>
>>54581100
Well... Thank you anyways.
>>
>>54579431
>>54581063
this is sad because I want to see someone post a solution, but I really don't expect it here anymore

glxgears and shake the window around
>>
killall mpv;mpv --fullscreen someshittyvideo.avi
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.