[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I recently got my computer back from the police. They took it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: h5.jpg (308 KB, 521x605) Image search: [Google]
h5.jpg
308 KB, 521x605
I recently got my computer back from the police. They took it 1 month ago for some suspected online crime but now i got it back.

The thing is, they did something to my bios or motherboard. When I turned my pc on the bios screen would vanish after 1-2 seconds but now it waits at that point for like 15 seconds.

Is anyone familiar as to what they could have done to my pc? Any policeman who knows more. This is probably some heavy bios level shit they did which probably is not known for the public.
>>
>>54577835
>they just switched fastboot to off while analyzing
>laughinggirls.giffe
>>
>>54577835
Turn on quick boot feature in bios. Probably all they did was turn that off
>>
>implying they'd put some backdoor that any retard could notice on boot
>>
>>54577835
Probably installed really good spyware. Consider the laptop compromised burn it, and then get a macbook.
>>
>>54577872
Op here

what could they possibly gain if they put a bios backdoor? How can that spy on my files and online activity?
>>
>>54578026
just check the bios to see if they turned quick boot off.

if you're scared about backdoors instally tinywall and block all outgoing connections. obviously shit that needs to open outgoing connections won't work unless you allow it
>>
>>54578026
fuck off, terrorist scum
>>
>>54577835
quickboot and/or USB boot
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.