[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
IPV4
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: ipv4.jpg (648 KB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
ipv4.jpg
648 KB, 2560x1920
IPV4, Discuss.
>>
What about it?
>>
>>54573726
I want IPv4 to remain for the following reasons:
1. I want to asphyxiate the third world of any connectivity to the world wide web, casting them into a perpetual stone age for our continued amusement.
2. I want processor manufacturers to be forced to exponentially increase their chips' ability to handle complex networking tasks necessitated by IPv4 such as NAT to match the demands of service providers and customers, therefore propelling us into a processor golden age.
3. I don't want to have to remember those long-ass IPv6 addresses because it's fucking annoying.

>yfw you try to use a server's IPv6 address instead of its IPv4 address
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CynAMy1qHns
>>
God gave us ipv4, we should have never gone past that. What have we done
>>
The ipv5 is already out desu. I love the blue color :^)
>>
File: Untitled.png (11 KB, 561x355) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
11 KB, 561x355
Which option do I select, and why do I use ipv6?
>>
>>54573726
>IPV4, Discuss.
i have a IPV4 address
>>
If theres less people on the planet then IPv4 will still be good desu.
>>
127.*.*.* class A wasted address space goodness for the win.
>>
>>54573780
We already connect with ipv6 on mobile though :>)
>>
>>54574153
Speak for yourself I force IPv4
>>
>>54574064
also 10.*
shit's sad

>muh private address space
use more NATing pussies
>>
>>54574202
You think that's autistic?
Check this out:
https://www.iana.org/assignments/ipv4-address-space/ipv4-address-space.xhtml
https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3330

The exhaustion of the IPv4 address space is basically artificial scarcity and it's fucking disgusting. Why the fuck does the USPS need a /8? It sure seems like UPS, FedEx and DHL are doing fine. Ford Motors? It sure seems like Nissan, Dodge and Mercedes Benz (much bigger in Europe and the rest of the world for the untraveled Amerifags out there) are doing fine. I wonder whether the current IP resource exhaustion will more likely result in an action to change the block allocations for IPv4 or buckle and finally give in to IPv6.
>>
>>54574257
Switching over to IPv6 is such a head ache though. Its why it hasnt happened yet.

I kinda wonder what will happen when every device ends up directly linked to the internet rather than being hidden behind a public NAT address.
>>
>>54574257
>Why the fuck does the USPS need a /8?
They don't, welcome to capitalism.
>>
>>54574202
Get raped and kill yourself,. you retarded fucking faggot sack of shit with down syndrome.
>>
>>54573870

We killed God and surpassed Him.

>Ipv6 addresses will never come close to being exhausted
>>
>>54574324
>I kinda wonder what will happen when every device ends up directly linked to the internet rather than being hidden behind a public NAT address.
Almost nothing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v26BAlfWBm8
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.