[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Need some advice /g/, shitty motherboard?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 1286030782564.png (7 KB, 312x393) Image search: [Google]
1286030782564.png
7 KB, 312x393
Hey /g/, I put together a new computer and it went well. There's only a single issue. My Asus Hero VIII Mobo. Every single FUCKING time the audio is disengaged and reengaged I hear popping and cracking noises. This happens with basically everything that uses sound. Youtube videos? Popping and cracking. Opening up certain games or emulators? Popping and cracking. Testing the sound itself? Fucking popping and cracking. I've been trying to fix it for a fucking week and a half now. So I was desperate in search of a solution and I found a temporary one in the form of this video. About five minutes in to see what I'm dealing with if you want to hear it, just that and it being like 20 times fucking louder.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZyvOUdbUqY

So, I'm curious to what I should do now /g/. I REALLY don't wanna take it up the ass from the manufacturer, so I'm thinking of just getting a refund. The other option I was considering was getting an external sound card for another PCIE slot, but, I don't even know if that would help. I want it to stop without me having to run a third party application in the background. I've tried just about everything else and the only thing I can think that it is anymore is the motherboard itself. If I do get a refund, I'd like to get one to support XMP, but, this right now this is fucking unacceptable. So I need a solution, I need the awful sound popping and cracking to stop. I've done everything normal, upgrading bios/drivers, reinstalling said drivers, checking for interference inside and outside the case, I'm kind of at my wit's end here.

TL:DR Motherboard causing sound issues, don't know what to do to fix it, should I mention this when/if I return this, will getting external soundcard solve without having to go through hoops, recommendation for XMP supported Mobo if I do return.
>>
Deoxit
>>
>>54573612
I put it together less than a month ago, I don't know how it would be dirty enough to cause constant popping and crackling when audio starts/ends especially after cleaning it already when I took it apart before to rearrange wiring. I'll definitely pick some up though thank you for the suggestion.
>>
>>54573586
I bought 2 different asus ROG, and they have the same popping and cracking...
You can only change sound card
>>
>>54575808
So putting in a third party sound card works? What about if I use an USB audio dongle? Would that work as well? I'm just curious since it's driving me nuts, and even with the work around I found some things still cause it to go in and out. It's driving me nuts.
>>
does /g/ stand for Tech Support?

fuck off
>>
>>54576079
Yes, with a dac or a usb adapter there is no popping or cracking
>>
>>54573646
so what, its probably got some asbestos, lead, and cocaine dust in the jacks or something. Use deoxit
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.