[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>working on a groud project on databases with python + bottle
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: pajeet-programmer.jpg (58 KB, 448x336) Image search: [Google]
pajeet-programmer.jpg
58 KB, 448x336
>working on a groud project on databases with python + bottle + pymysql
>other guy is a shitcoder
>after 1 week were almost done
>feelsgood.bmp
>other guy sends me his code
>shit doesn't work
>wtf.bmp
>trying to find wtf is wrong with MY code
>error found: one button was type="button" instead of type="submit"
>fml.bmp
>it was the shitcoders mistake

group projects: never again
>>
With regards to school projects: if you're worth anything at all as a programmer, you should've done the entire project yourself, no excuses. Don't ever rely on group members.
>>
>>54568439
I didn't have a choice m8. I had to work with some other guy
>>
>>54568477
I don't mean force the professor to let you work alone, I mean just ignore the fact that there are members in your group. If they can do their share of the work, fine. But if (when) they fuck up, you'll have your work as a backup.
>>
>>54568543
you're right, but there was too much shit to do and too little time, so I kinda relied on that guy. my bad of course.
>>
>>54568378
Why did you make this thread?
>>
File: Mongoloid Idiot.jpg (45 KB, 633x471) Image search: [Google]
Mongoloid Idiot.jpg
45 KB, 633x471
>>54568625
>>
I was in a data structures course where we had a group project and nobody else had even opened an IDE before. Spent my whole weekend coding because their lazy asses didnt even try and do shit. It wasnt even hard, it was just time consuming because iy was meant to be done by 5 people.

Fortunately I told the professor that nobody else even tried and they all got F's while I got my A
feelsgoodman.jpg
>>
File: 1454410207657.png (6 KB, 419x249) Image search: [Google]
1454410207657.png
6 KB, 419x249
>>54568772
how do you get to a datastrcutures class without opening an ide? Did they not force you guys to take an introduction class before? I smell bs
>>
>>54568772
I never cared that other people got ahead with my own work in college. It helps the case that people should be judged by their personal portfolios, not grades and degrees. In the end, those people who just staked by in school will be simply unemployable.
>>
File: lynx_web_browser.png (143 KB, 800x581) Image search: [Google]
lynx_web_browser.png
143 KB, 800x581
why are u still not using this /g/?
>>
>>54568814
I was just saying the IDE bit to describe how inexperienced they were.
>>
>>54568772
>data structures
>group project
>need to use an IDE
what for?
>>
>>54568814
No that anon but I did all my data structures and algorithms courses in a text editor. And this was Java too. I only switched to an IDE later on when I had real projects to complete. Simple programs that merely demonstrate proof-of-concept shouldn't require an IDE.
>>
>>54568922
Some binary tree sort and search thing. Can't really remember.
>>
>>54568953
how does that even need to be done in a group or an IDE?
>>
>>54568953
was this cs146?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.