[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whoever was shilling the Aeron - Fuck you.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7
File: aeronB.jpg (298 KB, 1488x1800) Image search: [Google]
aeronB.jpg
298 KB, 1488x1800
Worst fucking chair ever. I'm genuinely pissed off right now.

I've needed a new chair for a while, my last chair was like sitting on a piece of plywood and had a giant bump in the center which felt like it was rubbing my butthole. I think I would have ended up with hemorrhoids if I'd used it any longer. So, I check out some of the threads on /g/, and I see The Aeron Chair mentioned again and again.
Three weeks later, after keeping an eye out, I find one for $350. Sweet Jesus, what a great deal!
I take the thing home, it's heavy as hell so I think it'll be a damn good chair. I tested it before buying it, but I wasn't going to sit in this guy's house for 45 minutes to make sure it was comfortable. I played with the adjustments, made sure everything worked alright, and took her home. Why wouldn't I? FUCKING /G/ WOULDN'T LIE TO ME.
I've had this thing for about a day now, my back is killing me, the thing won't raise beyond a very low height (Aeron B), and while every feature works on the chair, I feel like I just wasted a good day's work on an art piece that I need to haul out to the dumpster.

On top of that, I fucking just dumped a cup of sprite into the fucking trash can. I don't even fucking know why, but I'm pissed man. Whoever it was shilling this garbage, fuck you and fuck your mother.
>>
>>54568246
>he did not get a leap or it's mesh cousin the zody
>>
You should've spent the money for an embody, pleb.
>>
>He didn't buy the MARKUS from Ikea instead with the ability to return it if he didn't like it
shit is $200 as well
>>
>>54568404
MARKUS, king of chairs.

Did you know, while reclining, you can twist the recline-enable lever back and LOCK IT INTO RECLINE? There are 4 positions/angles it will snap to.
>>
>>54568295
I seriously wanted to buy the Leap, but I couldn't find one in my city for a decent price. There are one or two posted at near retail, but I just didn't want to spend retail-cost on a chair. Stupid fucking mistake. I should have shelled out for something quality. The Aeron is to chairs what Panda Express is to Chinese food. Fuck this chair.

Now I have to convince some poor sap that this was the best chair I've ever owned. "Why am I selling it? Oh man, I hate to part with it, but I was given a brand new Aeron for my birthday. I almost want to keep it for guests".

For anybody considering buying one of these, just don't. Unless you have some fucking weird ass alien spine or some shit, this is not a comfortable chair.
>>
>>54568479
ya man thanks man appreciate it man awesome man great man talk to ya later man bye man
>>
>>54568488
Madisonseating?
>>
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 500x375
>>54568356

Pointless designer product with no headrest. Stop parroting meme garbage.

There are people out there who sit for a living.
>>
>>54568246
Actually the people on /g/ with money prefer the Embody over the Aeron once they test out the chair in person.

Also, this is what happens when you buy it used.

Buy it New with a 10 to 12 year warranty, pleb.

The warranty is worth it.

And since like it seems like $350 is your limit, I suggest you buy office chairs from Costco Online due to their generous return policy.
>>
>>54568404
Got that one for 20€ at a thrift store :^)
>>
>>54568573
>using the smiley with a carat nose
>>
>>54568695
>pointing out that i use the smiley woth a carat nose
:^)
>>
>>54568749
>using the smiley with a carat nose
>>
File: 1422012764752.gif (2 MB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1422012764752.gif
2 MB, 500x500
>>54568794
>>
>>54568958
>posting an animated jiff of a smiley with a carat nose
>>
I actually tested this out in the store.

http://m.samsclub.com/ip/wellness-by-design-active-lumbar-chair-select-color/prod19740593

Gonna buy it soon.
>>
>>54568553
Just called to double check (can't believe I didn't verify), but my chair still has 8 years warranty. In terms of the luck I had in getting this, it was pretty damn good.
If this chair normally sold for 3k, I'd have been fine spending 1k. I just didn't want to spend retail pricing on a chair, it seemed ridiculous. Really doesn't seem that ridiculous now. I'm probably going to give this to my mom/aunt and find something else. I'm genuinely confused at how this became a meme.
Nothing against the company, I've used the Setu chair before, and it was great. The Aeron is rubbish though, at least at this price.
I'll check out the Embody, but it's practically impossible to truly test out a chair without spending a few days on it, and there aren't any stores that carry these chairs nearby. I'm basically stuck ordering one online.
>>
>>54569000
>http://m.samsclub.com/ip/wellness-by-design-active-lumbar-chair-select-color/prod19740593
looks comfy. the one i use is brown and smaller than that. 80 bucks at staples.
>>
>fell for the mesh meme

Nothing will ever beat a padded chair. Shit you'd have probably been happier with those faggy gamer xlite racing chairs.
>>
>>54568958
>using a picture of the smiley with a carat nose
>>
File: 1435645840622.jpg (226 KB, 726x1041) Image search: [Google]
1435645840622.jpg
226 KB, 726x1041
I'm pretty content with this chair.

It was hard as fuck to put together, but I am very pleased with it.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16848201328
>>
>he didn't steal a brand new ergonomic desk chair from his old job which costs £400 and nobody even noticed

It's like you want your wife to fuck a black man
>>
>>54568404
I have this chair and it is amazing
>>
>>54568553
>embody manlet detected
>>
File: lememeface.jpg (13 KB, 1000x1111) Image search: [Google]
lememeface.jpg
13 KB, 1000x1111
>>54569281
>>
>>54569244
It is comfy. The lower back part adjust to how you sit so your lower back always get support. almost a floaty feeling but sure this is a definite buy. Much better than my current chair.
>>
File: 1456828544023.gif (1 MB, 255x222) Image search: [Google]
1456828544023.gif
1 MB, 255x222
>>54568553
>he thinks a good chair costs more than $350

Hey, do I have a bridge with your name on it!
>>
>>54569450
>using a picture of the smiley with a carat nose
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.