[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
TKL keyboard users
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
I just don't get it. Do you people never have to type numbers? A numpad makes number entry /so/ much easier. Are TKL keyboards a meme? Please explain.
>>
>>54565975
I mainly type letters, and having a huge chunk of plastic between my keyboard and mouse is not worth the small advantage i get when typing numbers.
>>
I'm not an accountant so no. I want a tkl so I can play video without using my full wingspan
>>
They are so much more comfy
>>
File: Capture.png (895 KB, 1060x495) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
895 KB, 1060x495
>>
File: coldzera.jpg (242 KB, 594x334) Image search: [Google]
coldzera.jpg
242 KB, 594x334
No overlap and I never use the num pad faggot
>overlap rage below
>>
File: IMG_0975.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0975.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>54565975
>Do you people never have to type numbers
It only makes number entry easier when the numbers aren't interspersed with non-number stuff.
Also left numpad is way better anyway.
>>
I do not work in the data entry field.
>>
>>54565975
>one hand using the numpad is better than two hands on the number row
>>
>>54565975
>Do you people never have to type numbers?
it's more convenient for me to hit the numbers up top when my fingers are on the home keys, senpai
That being said, I still have a keyboard with a numpad. Just haven't gotten a new one anytime recently.
>>
>>54565975
In descending order, time on a computer desk is spent on
Keyboard (bottom 4 rows)
Mouse
[...]
Keyboard (top 2 rows)
Numpad

So if you're looking to save space, the numpad is the way to go. More importantly, allows the mouse and keyboard proper to be closer together, meaning your right had transitions back and forth faster and covering a shorter area.

If you REALLY need a numpad, the correct arrangement would be

[keyboard] [mouse] [numpad]
using a usb numpad separate from your keyboard.
>>
>>54566012
this.
It's just way more ergonomic w/o a numpad.
>>
>>54566012
This. Put the mouse between the keyboard and number pad.

Righty: KB - Mouse - NP
Lefty: NP - Mouse - KB
>>
I need the numpad for extra key bindings for games like ksp and elite dangerous
>>
>>54568551
Pretty much this
Some games require numpad

I also use it for music player keybinds and do occasionally use it for calculator
>>
>>54565975
All i do is shitpost and i have hotkeys/numpad on my g600.
>>
>>54568551
>>54568577
Still better to have a TKL and Separate numpad, unless you don't use a mouse.
>>
>>54565975
A numpad is nice if I had to type a shitload of numbers all day, but that's not something I ever do.
>>
Sometimes I use the enter key on the numpad with my right thumb as apposed to the enter key below backspace/return if I'm in the middle of using my mouse
>>
I have the best of both worlds. Cooler master quickfire TK. The number pad has the arrws built into it. If I want to use the arrows, just turn off num lock.
>>
>>54568629
The fuck are you talking about?
>buy a tkl meme keyboard
>need to buy a numpad with shitty switches
>>
>>54568726
>Not getting a Filco or Realforce numpad
>>
>>54568755
>wasting money on things real keyboards come with by default
I'm assuming people's arms are too short to reach wasd and their mouse at the same time with a proper keyboard
>>
>>54565975
I have a goldtouch numpad to my tkl's left because I'm not poor enough to compromise on ergos
>>
i have no need for a numpad. if i need numbers they are at the top of my board
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.