[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>he fell for the AIO meme
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 8
File: not even once.jpg (49 KB, 601x391) Image search: [Google]
not even once.jpg
49 KB, 601x391
>he fell for the AIO meme
>>
>>54565234
I don't get why people with gaming-oriented desktops install watercooling for their CPU in the first place.
It usually doesn't get quite as hot as the GPU, there are loads of aftermarket CPU coolers that cool almost as well (and without the pump noise and risk of leaking), and the positioning in a tower is damm well perfect for air cooling.
I can understand buying a vidyacard with a radiator, because it performs much better than 2-3 shitty small fans sucking hot air out of the PSU, but for a CPU it seems completely overkill.
>>
File: untitled-4.png (69 KB, 615x821) Image search: [Google]
untitled-4.png
69 KB, 615x821
>>54565394

>I don't get why people with gaming-oriented desktops install watercooling for their CPU in the first place.

If you do it right you go full custom loop and include the motherboard as well so the vrms don't fry when you push overclocks.

AIO are just for shitters though.
>>
>ignoring aesthetics and price as a factor

AIOs, when paired with good fans run cooler and quieter than almost any air cooler. They cost ~$50 more than a top end air cooler, and take up far less space inside the case. A custom loop will perform better but that's easily 2-3x more than what an AIO costs.

Also not everyone with an AIO is looking for a crazy OC. I just prefer how it looks and the low load temperatures.
>>
>>54565699

If you want low load temps simply undervolt.
>>
>>54565756
>still ignoring aesthetics

OR should I just undervolt until I can passively cool it without a huge chunk of metal in my case.
>>
>>54565803

If you care about aesthetics you aren't using an AIO.
>>
File: Updated guts 4-29.jpg (4 MB, 4947x2783) Image search: [Google]
Updated guts 4-29.jpg
4 MB, 4947x2783
>>54565847
Yes please tell me how a nice Nh-D15 with shit brown fans would improve this aesthetic. (Not to mention aesthetics are a function of taste, and are subjective)

Just kill yourself already. It's not 2009 anymore, AIOs are fine if you aren't a retard with fan selection.
>>
>>54565881

Who said anything about a D15?
>>
>>54565917
I don't want a chunk of metal in the center of my case. It's just that simple Anon.

People like things you don't, get over it
>>
>>54565699
>quieter than almost any air cooler
Erm, no. You're just moving the part responsible for dissipating the heat somewhere else, you're not actually helping the issue. A good tower cooler with the same fans will also be quieter than an AIO because you don't have to listen to the pump whirring away constantly.
>>54565803
>aesthetics of parts inside a case that you'll only ever see when you're clearing away the dirt
I work with aesthetics every day, my job is to make things look good. Even I must say that there is no point to making invisible things pretty.
>>54565234
They pull *slightly* ahead when comparing temperatures on the 140 watt 2011 CPUs but it must be said that at the point where you're spending that much on your components, surely you'd go for a custom loop, right?
>>
>>54565952

>140 watt 2011 CPUs

Try it on AMD's 200w nuclear reactor chips - top end air cooling will handle that.
>>
>>54565952
>aesthetics of parts inside a case that you'll only ever see when you're clearing away the dirt

>not having a case window so you can 'mire your guts

peasants please go
>>
>>54565881
>Hazard tape
>Lights everywhere
>Black and white
Please don't talk any more about aesthetics, my sides can't take any more.
>>
>>54566021

Its not even a Caselabs case either.
>>
>>54566013
>Thinking computer parts look good
You know what, slap some 90s LED displays on it and you might get that "Alien" vibe to it.
>>
>>54565881
>Aesthetics > Performance
This is macfag mentality.
>>
>>54566071
>not sexually attracted to expensive hardware

honestly why are you here
>>>/b/
>>
I got myself a H100i, its shit.
>>
>>54565881
>Not to mention aesthetics are a function of taste, and are subjective
I'm sorry but yours are objectively shit.
>>
>>54565881
>Darude - Sandstorm
>>
File: Side panel view.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
Side panel view.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
>>54565952
>pump whir meme
The ambient noise in my room is constantly above the pump whir as I've never heard it besides when I installed it and had the side panel off and had it going at full load.

>you don't even see it
Bullshit, pic related

>surely you'd go for a custom loop, right?
It'd be a waste of money almost equal to my motherboard, RAM, and CPU. While offering minimal benefits. Sure a custom loop is nice, but it's an extravagance. And to do it properly you're spending $450+ easily
>>
>>54566106
>>54566111
LOL obvious samefag. Couldn't even wait more than the 60 seconds required between posts.

Why does my case make you salty senpai?
>>
>>54566135
actually you can't even see it behind that retarded frosted glass

jesus christ who designed that abortion
>>
>>54566168
Nope.

>>54566086
and
>>54566111
are me.

Also, furfag weebshit.
>>
>>54566169
It's a picture from an extreme side angle in order to catch the etching in the picture.

You're not actually so retarded as to think it looks like that in person....right?
>>
>>54566195
Oh someone else just have posted exactly 60 seconds after you.

Nice cover ;^)
>>
>>54566220
06:03:59
06:04:09
>60 seconds

Clean the mad out of your eyes fampai.
If you think it looks good, that's fine, but you're off your nut if you think you're gonna convince the whole thread that it actually does.
>>
File: raidmax.jpg (181 KB, 1025x761) Image search: [Google]
raidmax.jpg
181 KB, 1025x761
>>54566135
Holy shit that looks so fucking "I'm 14 and I thought this looked cool when I bought it".

I'm so happy my enthoo pro without glass gets here, so that I can throw away my Smilidon PUSSYMAX green glower that I bought when I too was an impressionable youngster who loved LEDs.
>>
>>54566281
Something about mid tower cases with fuckloads of stuff crammed into them gets me hard.
>>
>>54566274
>you're gonna convince the whole thread that it actually does.
Lol I love when people read half the posts in a thread, or not even that much.

I'm the Anon who has said repeatedly in this thread aesthetics are subjective to begin with and everyone has an opinion

Not my fault everyone else wants to pretend I'm claiming AIOs are the best thing since sliced bread, or that I'm trying to say my case aesthetics are the best thing in the world. I've said none of that anywhere in this thread. But hey, keep flinging shit.
>>
no point in an AIO.

go air or go full custom loop
>>
>>54566168
I'm >>54566021
And >>54566106
As you can see, I did samefag but only because I was too busy laughing at your picture to read your post until after replying. The other post isn't me, just someone else who thinks you have terrible, terrible taste.
>>
>>54566418
>just someone else who thinks you have terrible, terrible taste.

>posted from a meme i5 build with no care for aesthetics or cable managment

Oh okay
>>
>>54566418
This guy gets it.

>>54566469
Either embrace the ridiculousness and glue fluffy ears and a tail to it or get proper side panel and be amazed at how much cleaner your desk area looks.
>>
>>54566524
>glue fluffy ears and a tail to it
>implying I haven't done so
Senpai, you don't even know
>>
>>54566469
No, posted from a galaxy s6. My personal computer is an AMD 7850k build that I spent way more money on than I should have because I wanted to overclock it. It's in some black HTPC case hidden from view because it's not easy to match a computer with furniture from Vitra. My work computer is a macbook, haven't paid much attention to what the specs are because it's the cheapest retina macbook my boss could buy five of when the other employees convinced him that a company focused on design should have Apple stuff because that's what they see on TV.

As you may have guessed, I'm the anon who earlier claimed to work in an aesthetics oriented environment. I like that you're trying to deflect the criticism though. It shows you care how things look, despite not wanting to admit it to an anon who's giving you nothing but negativity.
>>
>>54566620
I care about how it looks to myself
That should be obvious enough from the side panel.

I couldn't give a shit what you think, especially since you dont like Anime to begin with, the aesthetic's target audience is not you.
>>
>>54566524
>fluffy ears and a tail
If that's properly executed, it wouldn't look half bad. That's actually a decent idea for a kids room, you could put a computer in there and not have the break be as jarring as it normally would. Thanks for the unconventional thought anon.
>>
>>54566669
>especially since you dont like anime to begin with
Wait what? Are you assuming that I don't like anime because I don't like your confused attempt at making something look acceptable? Even disregarding the obviously poor logic, what is the target audience here? Some sort of weird hybrid between a builder, a goth and a macfag? You need to look at the whole picture anon. If you manage that, you might see why I laughed at you.
>>
>>54566771
>I'm just seeing things on a higher level than you soon

Kek have fun senpai, you've been entertaining
>>
>>54565944
but youre cool with leaking water all over?

Wew lad.
>>
>>54566829
You know it's not ACTUALLY water right?

It's a nonconductive liquid so if it does leak you just have to dry your shit and its fine.

Not to mention AIO leaks are rare on any model made in the last 2-3 years.
>>
>>54566794
Well, I do work as an interior consultant of sorts so yes, you could simplify that to seeing things on a higher level. If you were a paying customer I'd respectfully tell you that you need to look at the entirety of your computer, not just the individual components. Very often it's all too easy for a person to be completely blind to how ugly something is because they made it or they're looking at it every day. But you're not a paying customers so I'll just chalk it up to you being an idiot. The assumptions simply reinforce that. Three posts in a row you've made erroneous assumptions and three posts in a row I've found myself slightly confused and very amused by you. So now you're pulling the "Joke's on them, I was just pretending". That's... great. Good for you.
>>
>>54566967
Just pretending what are you talking about mate?
Your sense of superiority and you being a prick is why I said you're entertaining. I'm off to dinner soon however and won't be replying anymore. I never said I was trolling or pretending because I wasnt.

I also highly doubt you've been paid a dime to consult on anything regarding aesthetics. But hey, trump might be president so anything can happen
>>
>>54566947
>he actually belives this

You know corsair jews out on the liquid, right?
>>
>>54567067
>Insist something looks good, while making an assumption and attacking it
>Someone hurts your feels by saying it does
>Insist again, start trying to deflect and attack another strawman
You know, you're very transparent. You probably won't respond because you'll feel you've lost if you do but you'll definitely read this. As for my coming across feeling superior, yeah, a few years working in an industry will do that when trying to explain it to someone who doesn't have a clue.
>>
>>54567347
...it's not expensive there is no reason to. Please stop lying especially obvious ones
>>
>>54567399
>Insist something looks good
When was this? My aesthetics aren't your liking. That's fine you can't objectively state it sucks though as again it's a fucking opinion

You'd think someone who apparently has been in the industry a few years would understand different people have different tastes. But hey, it's obvious you're just being an asshole to incite a response and you've likely made everything you've said up.

Have a good one Anon
>>
>>54567422
ok pajeet
ill make sure corsair deposits a loo for your poo
>>
>>54567528
You keep repeating the "But tastes are subjective" line, like an old man shouting at a cashier that the customer is always right when his expired gift card isn't valid.

Again, you feel the need to disregard reality, come with more accusations and more insults yet you claim I'm the asshole. I work with aesthetics and people. I know how to justify and criticise the former and how to read and manipulate the latter. You've proven easy to manipulate but the original point still stands, the differences between components are too jarring, nothing gels together and there is no semblance of thought put into the entirety. Again, whole picture anon. It's not difficult to take a step back and look at the whole picture.
>>
>>54567842
>claiming taste isn't subjective
Anon that's not how it works just because you don't like it
>>
>>54567989
Taste is subjective and the customer is always right. Except for the cases when it's not and when they aren't. If that's hard for you to get your head around, keep in mind that you are peering into a subject you know little about, much like the pensioner annoyed that the computer doesn't do what he wants despite not being given any input.
>>
>>54568406
It's a fact taste is subjective, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. You can never tell me what I personally perceive as attractive.

I really don't care what experience you have you can't change a simple fact that we as humans have different opinions
>>
>>54568457
While taste is subjective, what looks good and what works well together is not. There's a huge difference between the two and the abomination posted earlier definitely crosses the bridge to objectively bad. I don't particularly care that you don't care, I have an education and several years in the field. You're a layperson arguing from a position of ignorance.
>>
>>54568540
You're arguing against a fact and using your own biased opinion as the reason you're not wrong

Good luck ever winning an actual debate Anon
>>
>>54568540
>I'm a professional Anon you wouldn't understand the nuances of my craft

Top Kek, that anons case is ugly but fuck man, you're just as retarded if you actually think this
>>
File: 0506162231b~01~01.jpg (883 KB, 1920x1641) Image search: [Google]
0506162231b~01~01.jpg
883 KB, 1920x1641
I had to get a AIO so my cpu would stop cooking my gpu
>>
>>54568836
I'm sorry, we're you expecting me to address a common misconception with an in depth, book long explanation? I've already explained that while taste is subjective this is not a matter of taste. There are objective aspects of appearance, among them patterns, colours and balance. Anon can look it up if he so wishes.
>>54568789
It's not up for debate. Reality stays unchanged whether I convince you or not. Main point is that the entire composition is bad, one I've made you understand.
>>
>>54568956
You, uh, couldn't just have turned the CPU fan to blow the other direction, huh?
>>
>>54569520
no room
>>
Ahh, the "/g/ hates AIO" meme strikes again
leaks aren't a problem if you buy a good brand
not everyone wants a giant chunk of metal over their CPU making it hard to get to any of the headers and memory slots in their case
>>
>>54569751
it is the pump that fails first dingo
>>
>>54569779
They have a warranty, I spent like $15 more for a 3 year warranty
>>
>>54569779
most are rated for 5 years of constant use
it's not a common issue on reputable models
>>
>>54568956

your case flow is all kinds of fucky dude.
>>
>>54565394
>gaming-oriented
Because muh gaymen
I use my i7-4790K for maximum shitposting at 8K in 16 different instances of virtual machines inside virtual machines running in a virtual network to a virtual switch that connects to a virtual server that hosts my vpn and proxies so I can access SadPanda from my Linux Mint while I fist my ass with some Bad Dragons at 144 FPS.
Step up nigga.
>>
>>54566021
>Hazard Tape
Comes pre-applied with MSI MPOWER EXTREME ULTIMATE MILITARY-GRADE GAMER MEME-EDITION DRAGON motherboards
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.