[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tech related things that anger you, but ultimately shouldn't.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7
Tech related things that anger you, but ultimately shouldn't.

>iPod touch being called "iTouch"
>Apple Watch being called "iWatch"
>people saying "UHD 4K" or "4K" for a UHD television/monitor
>Windows Office instead of Microsoft Office
>Gold plated connectors being better for things that really don't need it
>"What version of Windows do you have?" "I don't know. It's a HP. Does that help?"

That's just a few things that irrationally anger me, even though there's no reason they should.

What about you, /g/? What are some things that annoy you that ultimately shouldn't?
>>
Every iPhone user calls every Android device a Samsung
>>
>>54566607
Or a droid
>>
File: .jpg (441 KB, 810x810) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
441 KB, 810x810
>being mad about brands
>>
Shitty keyboards
>>
File: 1449111298477.jpg (132 KB, 274x300) Image search: [Google]
1449111298477.jpg
132 KB, 274x300
>What are your specs?
>I have an Intel
>>
>What version of Android are you running?
>Oh, its an LG
I swear to fuck im not making this shit up
>>
>>54568631
>I swear to fuck im not making this shit up
I doubt anyone suspected you were, considering how common that is among the technologically illiterate.

Also you're autistic.
>>
>>54565225
Waking up and going to work, not knowing what I'm doing, feeling like I am letting down my coworkers and then just not being very social because I feel guilt and then coming home and literally wasting my time on gaymen as I just have to close down my thinking completely from it all only to have all the thoughts in my nightmares, then I wake up

But that's how it has to be
>>
>>54565225
>Microsoft Office
>Not just Office
>>
>>54568812
>Office
>Not just Word/Excel/Outlook etc
>>
"The Cloud"
>>
>>54568829
>Word/Excel/Outlook
>Not just "That shit for school/work"
>>
>building a computer
>building
>>
File: image_4.jpg (228 KB, 1547x1551) Image search: [Google]
image_4.jpg
228 KB, 1547x1551
>rig
>>
>freedom
>>
>Penis
>Not Pee Pee
>>
>>54568763

I deal with those problems too. You have to work through them. Be social, find friends. Fight through the feeling that people think you're less then them. Its all in your head, trust me.
>>
>>54568845
This so fucking much
>>
>>54565225
>anon there's a problem with my computer
>what's the problem?
>(program) doesn't work
>what do you mean?
>there's an error
every damn time, just get to the fucking point
>>
>>54569021
>just tech support problems
>>
i feel you on apple, OP. iEverything is fucking lame. as for the 4k and uhd thing, most people dont know because its just know most people have a 16:9 hd. i thought 4k and uhd were the same thing until i just looked it up(i really dont care)
>>
>54565225
"Compiling" Java bytecode
"Screen" for "Display"
"Terminal" for "Shell"
"App" for "Program"
"CPU" for "Tower"/"PC"/etc
"Heatsink" for "Cooler"
"Wire" for "Cable"
>>
>>54568871
>That shit for school/work
>Not just "shit"
>>
>>54569126
well... you can compile java. but yeah I know what you mean senpai
>>
Common sense AV 2016

It's cringe inducing every time
>>
>call a student with a follow-up on the repair of their computer
>they get mad
>next day they come in with their parents

seriously I hope you retards don't do this when you get mad
>>
>>54566607
This. I had a discussion with a female coworker who could not comprehend the fact that there weren't simply two options for her new phone, the new iPhone or the new Samsung. I showed her my LG and she told me it was a "Samsung LG" which was made by Samsung but had the LG badge on it. She also insisted that android was the name of the factory which makes all "Samsung" devices, that's why all "Samsung" phones say "powered by android" when you turn them on.

This thick cunt would not have it that she was wrong, and condescended and patronised me for being confused.
>>
>>54565225
You're probably totally unaware of the trades people sniggering at you behind your back as you mangle their jargon when you try to explain how you've screwed up your toilet/TV/car/light switch yet again.
Your lack of awareness and your obsession with only the things that you assume you know blinds you to a real world that exists outside your blinkered view. And the plumber smugly sees you as yet another mug. The mechanic mentally bumps your bill when he realizes how ignorant you are.
Trades people are shrewd judges of people. That's how they stay in business. They keep your fragile ego floating, patronize you and exploit you. And you think you're so kewl.
>>
"Gaymen"
"Vidya"
>>
Apple brandwhores.
>>
>>54569428
Umm, mansplaining much?
>>
>>54566607
"Oh, it's 'just' an Android." You should get a REAL phone!
>>
>>54571012
These
>>
>>54568589
>It's an i7 so it's pretty good
>>
File: 1434657500374.jpg (68 KB, 780x603) Image search: [Google]
1434657500374.jpg
68 KB, 780x603
>Computer being called "CPU"
>Windows being called "PC"
>>
>>54571039
"militant" android people are legit even worse
>>
File: 1463128994356.png (359 KB, 792x540) Image search: [Google]
1463128994356.png
359 KB, 792x540
>>54571806
It's funny, because they were created by iFags who wouldn't shut the fuck up.
>>
>>54569126
java does actually need to be compiled to machine code for the JVM

screen and display can refer to the same object

bringing up a (virtual) terminal should create a shell session. if you're doing something on a computer you generally want a terminal, not just a shell session with no interactivity

app is short for application. I still say application when talking about a composite program. When talking about a specific file I think it's better to say ELF, PE or whatever the executable format is, but obviously don't bother with those details if it's not important or you're talking to an orangutan. app sounds kind of faggy

I've never heard anyone call a tower a CPU, that must be an american thing

heatsinks are coolers, and all good coolers contain heatsinks

the last one doesn't bother me, but you are 100% correct about it
>>
>>54568924

Why does that trigger you anon? Maybe people use it to much but I take as shorthand as a beef system hand built by its user for a intensive purpose above and beyond what a normie end-user needs. (granted 99/100 it means a gaymen rig)

By that definition a prebuilt is never a rig, and a laptop *almost* never is.
>>
>>54565225
>iPod touch being called "iTouch"
>not calling it a TouchPod Plus
>>
>>54569100
>>54565225

Am I missing something, what's wrong with using 4k as a shorthand aside from the fact that marketing assholes went from describing resolution based on vertical pixels to horizontal. Admittedly that's lame.

By most people will never in a million years arbitrarily remember 3840x2160.

Hell even though it's been standard for over a decade nearly nobody I know actually knows what 1080p on their TV references.
>>
>>54570064
Yeah I realized that about a year ago when I went to the dentist. I moved to a new city so I went to a new dentist, and right off the bat he started explaining all these things that are wrong with my teeth using difficult terms and how I have to pay all this money to get them fixed. He probably noticed how little I know about dentistry.
I liked my old dentist better.
>>
>>54565225
dongle fills me with loathing.
>>
>>54565225
>people who think that the amount of VRAM defines how fast a GPU is
>same thing but with CPUs and clockspeed
>>
>>54573751
dongle fills you with... something... fag.
>>
app for program
the cloud
>>
>>54565225
>iPod nano being called "nanochromatic"
fuck
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.