[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
any salvageable parts?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 20160515_125544.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160515_125544.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1836
I found this old computer that we had, its been gathering dust so i dont know if anything is good, but the hard drive looks relatively clean, so any chance i can get some parts and not have to buy new ones?
>>
>>54564048
nope. you've got a gramophone there desu.
>>
>>54564048
Take the SATA cables fans if you want. The CPU and memory has some gold. Power supply, harddrive might be reused. Take the heatsink and put it on a raspberry pi
>>
>>54564048
that looks old, what processor is sitting in it?
>>
>>54566305
>>54564048
Old? I bet 6-7 years. There is PCI-E.
>>
>>54566629
take off the heatsink and snap a photo of the processor twit.
>>
I like to salvage the IDE ribbons from old computers for chopping up for electronics projects. Cables are always useful, and cheaper than buying a whole reel of cable for one small repair or project.

Motherboards have a few decent salvagable parts, case fans are always nice to have for various things, power supplies can be turned into acceptable bench power supplies, hard drives can be re-used if large enough, or if dead, dismantle and make wind-chimes.
>>
>>54564048
The fan
The cables
The optical drive
>>
File: spexi.png (64 KB, 757x467) Image search: [Google]
spexi.png
64 KB, 757x467
Is there anything salvageable here?
>>
>>54567711
that's a decent PC sempai
>>
>>54567711
Shill the processor and ram off on eBay, you got the golden ticket for retards
"I7 PROCESSOR AT 2.8ghz!!!"
And the ram will work that way too

As for op, case fans, hdd and cables are always useful to have around, things like the mobo, ram, etc aren't that useful. Maybe keep the processor if you like keeping them, I don't like throwing out something that neat.
Heat sinks can be melted down to make stuff if you have a charcoal furnace
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.