[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>/g/ 2013 >/dpt/ >/tpg/ >linux >gnu >/g/ 2016
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3
>/g/ 2013
>/dpt/
>/tpg/
>linux
>gnu

>/g/ 2016
>/csg/
>/ptg/
>/spg/
>/wt/
>/hpg/
>/guts/
>/hktg/
>/bst/
>/mkg/
>/teg/
>/mpv/
>/hsg/
>/v/

Do we even have any mods on /g/ anymore? Can /g/ be saved at this point?
>>
>>54562850
It wasn't called /dpt/ in 2013, it was called TDPT.
>>
>csg
>bad
pick one
>>
>>54562850

No. This happens to most smaller boards. They start off with small fun community, and eventually all the normies bleed out from /v/, /b/, and /a/, and shit up those once fun boards.

This happened to /sp/, when all the normies visisted for the worldc up, and stayed. Now its just a very shitty board.
>>
/general/i;boards:g;op:only
/thread/i;boards:g;op:only

you're welcome.
>>
>>54562917
That doesn't work. As time goes by, /g/ becomes more and more /v/'s tech support and fewer and fewer /g/ people post and there are fewer and fewer /g/ threads.
>>
>/g/ 2008
>horo
>amu
>Windows
>>
>>54562850
Stop being such a crybaby
>>
Do you guys think that we could get enough people together to make Hiro create

>>>/fs/ - Free Software

Since /g/ is forever lost as the consumer technology board, we could find a new home in an appropriately named board that focuses on software development, programming, linux, and gnu.
>>
>>54563028
Horos a shit, glad maki replaced that shitty furfag character.
>>
>>54563040
I can see it already:
>Android is free software. HOMESCREEN THREAD!
>>
>>54563040

Something tells me the 'mpv' thread would somehow make its way there.
>>
>>54562850
Old /g/ is dead. It has succumbed to the /v/ cancer and should now be abandoned for greener pastures. I only visit occasionally.
>>
/g/ has always been shit and people always complain but there's really nothing to change & if you are looking for your own special little corner just shit up one of the generals you don't need the entire board
>>
Almost all of these 2016 "generals" are tangential technology; they're "tech" enough to stay on the board but consumer/surface level as fuck enough to have almost no barrier to entry.

>/csg/
>/ptg/
>/spg/
>/wt/
>/hpg/
>/guts/
>/hktg/
>/bst/
>/mkg/
Seriously, how much technological know-how do you need for a fucking watch thread? That's clearly a topic for /fa/.

>/teg/
>/mpv/
>/hsg/
Why do these need general threads at all? Why not just make a thread where the OP goes "I want to talk about [text editor/software/server hosting]" once in a while?
>>
>>54562850
>Do we even have any mods on /g/ anymore?
old meme from before 2013: there are no mods on /g/
>>
dump

please help
>>
>>54563040

>software development, programming, linux, and gnu

and again it will be less than 10% who actually want to discuss those things and the rest throwing dank memes around after some time.
>>
>>54563423
Memes aren't the problem on /g/. It's serious off topic threads. There's only one bait thread on my first page right now.
>>
>>54562999
Not really true. People have been saying that for years on this board. But the truth is that there were always those /v/ wanna be hackers who shitpost.
>>
>>54563538
>People have been saying that for years on this board.
And it's been true for years. /v/ had a presence on /g/ in 2013 but it's at least tripled by now in terms of threads.
>>
>>54562850
No
>>
>>54562850
no and no
>>
One last bump.
>>
Go to end or 8 if you want to not be /v/s tech support
>>
>>54562850
desktop thread is kill, only about 10 generals left to kill. We should keep the private tracker, programming, stupid questions, and friendly linux generals however.
>>
>>54562850
I still dont know why /ptg/ is allowed here. Take a look at their discussion it is barely torrent related, let alone tech related. I dunno why it isnt in the dedicated torrent board /t/
>>
>>54564137
How was the desktop thread killed?
>>
>>54563538
hackers literally invented video games.
>>
>>54564137
flg is generally good
>>
>>54563457

>off topic threads

Possibly because the user base isn't really tech oriented, more consumer electronics oriented, if you will.
>>
>>54564145
About a week or two ago, any desktop thread was set to automatically sage all posts or something like that. Since then,
>>
>>54564349
*since then, there has been a lot of shitposting when the mods go to bed at night.
>>
>>54562850
this
>>
File: 1457571449529.png (114 KB, 419x357) Image search: [Google]
1457571449529.png
114 KB, 419x357
>>54563060
>horo
>furfag
Newfags like you ruined /g/
>>
File: 1307238935663.jpg (34 KB, 492x461) Image search: [Google]
1307238935663.jpg
34 KB, 492x461
>>54564136
>Go to the places that are essentially 100% /v/ and other /v/-level boards if you don't want to be /v/'s tech support
>>
>>54563060
And now someone needs to replace Maki.
Maki a fucking shit.
>>
I can't wait to see this post again in 3 years

WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED GUYS LMAO
>>
>>54563060
Newfag like you ruined 4chan.
>>
Stallman did 9/11
>>
>>54562895
>normies
reddit/tumblr spotted
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.