[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Choosing a Decent Headset/Headphone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: arton176528.jpg (124 KB, 650x464) Image search: [Google]
arton176528.jpg
124 KB, 650x464
I am looking for a new pair of headphones/headsets to upgrade from my crappy GameCom 780.
What I am mainly looking for is good sound quality and balance regarding treble and bass without overemphasis on any of these. And most importantly positional sound for more immersive experience in movies and for sound whoring in FPS games. After a long tiresome research I was stuck between choosing one of these three:
• Philips Fidelio X2
• AKG Q701
• Sennheiser PC363D

I don't have a sound amp on my PC, and I can only make use of the on-board sound chip.

Price aside, which of these will give me the best quality sound and positional accuracy?

If you have other suggestions please feel free to post them. My budget is 200 Euros.
>>
Beyerdynamic DT880 Pros are just the best man, seriously.
>>
>>54561305
buy the ones in your picture, you won't be dissapointed

Q701 are also good (have a pair myself), but their sound is not for everyone and can be picky about amps. So unless you've demo'ed them on your existing or potential equipment, I wouldn't go that route
>>
>>54561562
Unfortunately I won't be able to demo them for gaming performance as these are mostly sold in music enthusiast stores. I am convinced through the reviews that the Fidelios pack the highest quality sound. However I am not so sure about the positional sound for FPS games as I did not find any comprehensive review on the gaming performance of these pairs.
>>
Beyerdynamic DT880 Pros, just these. I'm out.
>>
>>54561335
>>54561947
I looked into these and some reviews said that the positional sound in games is not accurate.
>>
>>54561305
Decide what sound you like - open or closed. There big difference. I spent near 400$ until I understand why I hate sound on all new headphones(they was closed).
If your MB have new Realtek, there is no need for DAC. 5$ DAC doing same job as 1.5k$ DAC. You only paying for more ports and look. You need amp only for very inefficient headphones i.e less than 80db per 1v.
>>
File: 1463227889708.jpg (17 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
1463227889708.jpg
17 KB, 413x395
comment
>>
i really liked the sound of the fidelio x2s, but they were plainly uncomfortable to wear for me
>>
Go with the HD558 or 598
>>
>>54562062

they are fine. really need an amp though. i use them all the time.
>>
>>54562781
Open is ok for me, no need for isolation. As for the amp part, I did some research and I found out that any cheap Asus Xonar or Creative Titanium dedicated sound card will blow the onboard sound off the water.
>>
>>54562967
Actually I looked into the DT990 and I read a little bit on it and discovered that it did not have much issues regarding positional sound. Will pairing them with a dedicated sound card be enough for surround sound gaming and pleasurable movie and music experience?
>>
>>54563625
>>54563307
Stop reading innerfidelity and head-fi

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/high-end-pc-audio,3733-19.html

Latest Realtek can produce studio quality signal (192kHz/24bit) that beyond human hearings.
For amp, my MB realtek can drive HD800 more than 100db.
>>
>>54563792
>he thinks 192khz is for listening to. Clearly YOU need to read headfi more.
>>
>>54563932
I don't understand your punt anon. I noted that it is studio quality and you don't need it as it is beyond human perception. What I want to say is that 5$ DAC is good enough to produce flawless signal beyond human needs.

Realtek ALC889 (support up to 192kHz/24bit 2-channels or 96kHz/24bit 4-8 channels)
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.