[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Weird thing just happened, and some of you might be able to help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: surface.jpg (165 KB, 635x324) Image search: [Google]
surface.jpg
165 KB, 635x324
Weird thing just happened, and some of you might be able to help me.

So two years ago my Surface tablet was stolen, and I have absolutely no clue as to whom it might have been. It happened during the night, no cameras saw it, no one was around, so I never gave it much thought since there was basically no chance I'd ever see it again. So I just forgot about it.

It just so happens that I received an email from someone I've never talked to before saying that "I'm sorry to bother you Sr. Anon, but a few years ago you sold me your Surface tablet and you never got around to giving me the password, so if you could get around to it I'd appreciate it.". No images, just plain text.

Now, this might be just random spam, but it might also be that the fucker that stole my tablet is trying to double-cross me right now, and I'm willing to bet on the second one. The thing is, I don't know how I'd even get any info on them, since the only thing I have is their email. Hence why I'm here. Can somebody help me?
>>
>>54560741
break it,throw it on the ground and send it back to where it came from, with a big dick drawn on the same note he sent you
>>
>>54560741
> a few years ago you sold me your Surface tablet and you never got around to giving me the password

Excellent memer I see.
>>
have you reported it to the police?
If yes, go and tell them someone has contacted you.

If it was a generic gmail/yahoo/memesoft mail account it will be fairly easy to establish who.

That of course assuming the police in your country is not a bunch of useless niggers.
>>
>>54560741
At best you can get their IP, maybe by using a chat service like Skype where you can see where you're sending packets. At least you could do that with skype before.

Alternatively if he's trying to login to your MS account and fails it should log it and you should be able to see it in your account settings, if he has wifi connected that is.
>>
>>54560741
Hmm, interesting. I would be a con and go along with it, but say you need to give them the password in person. Have a few backups come with you though, lol
>>
>>54560741
Police.

The police will subpoena the e-mail sender's ISP for their name and address. Then they can go visit and find out whom they bought it from (or if they stole it themselves), and return the device to you. Then you should sell it because Windows is proprietary botnet malware. Get something that runs GNU.
>>
>>54560781
I didn't report it back then. Idiot past me thought the police wouldn't be any help, so there's that. I might just go to the police and see what they can do. Thanks!
>>
>>54560789
I can see where the attempts are coming from? Where in the account settings is that? I'll probably do that lol I love it.
>>
>>54560893
>Login to outlook, click your name at the top right
>Account settings

>You should see your devices
OR
>"Security and Privacy"
>"See my recent activity"

Alternatively if you want to see the sign in attempts try
>>
>>54560943
Wow, thanks. Just realised there's been 3 failed attempts at getting into my account from 3 different countries in the past month. I think I'll feed him the wrong password and see where it goes. Thanks again, buddy.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.