[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If I need to have an Apple computer already to make a Hackintosh
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: OSX.jpg (78 KB, 655x380) Image search: [Google]
OSX.jpg
78 KB, 655x380
If I need to have an Apple computer already to make a Hackintosh USB then what's the fucking point?

I can just install the latest OSX on the Apple PC.
>>
>>54558319
>Apple
nice meme
>>
>>54558319
OP is retarded.
You can install Niresh in a VMWare virtual machine and then create a clean, vanille hackintosh USB through that.
>>
>>54558451
Thanks
>>
>>54558451
>Niresh
do you need anything extra like plugins for VMware?
>>
>>54558581
Have you ever heard of google /g/
>>
>>54558451
>Niresh

oh god this is the most poo in loo name I've ever seen. Is this made by an Indian?
>>
>>54558904
It actually is. The Lion version of his "Distro" comes with a picture of him.
>>
>>54558319
Because having a fully functional hackintosh is more work than you think. Sure, you can get it running very easily, but there's a lot behind the scenes that you might not notice is actually not working. A good example would be Intel speedstepping, or the DSDT which would be the ACPI code in the UEFI how the hardware is interacting with the OS.

On desktops, it is really easy to get up and running. However on laptops you need to carefully buy the hardware so that you know it works with OS X and might need to change out the wireless card as very few laptop wireless cards actually work with OS X.

But yes, there's little to no reason to buy an actual Apple computer if you have the knowledge to install OS X yourself.

>>54558451
>Unironically using shitty OS X distros instead of installing it the correct way
Fucking babby's first OSx86 install. Enjoy your indian russian disease ridden OS with shitty outdated kexts and custom bullfuck. Always use Clover to properly install OS X on real bare metal. VMWare has support for clean OS X installs if you tinker a little.
>>
>>54559355
>But yes, there's little to no reason to buy an actual Apple computer if you have the knowledge to install OS X yourself.

Apart from the superior hardware.
>>
>>54559109
kek'd
>>
>>54559529
The only real superior hardware on Apple machines are the trackpads on laptops. Other than that they barely have any unique hardware apart from their motherboard that contains a SMC and a custom EFI which are insignificant differences as it is emulated by Clover and FakeSMC.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.