[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mysterious Innacessible Flash Drive
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3
Ok, hey /g/, I have a curious mystery on my hand that may either have a mundane explanation, or lead to something deeper.

So at my school there is a donation drive where everyone dumps their shit in a room that they don't want anymore, and passing by I saw a flash drive on a stack of books, so of course I took it to see what files could be on it.

I insert it, and only one image file shows up on it, "THANK YOU_CCA.jpg," and nothing else. I can't open it so I assumed it was a corrupted file. Then I try open my data recovery tool to see what deleted files I can find randomly, and nothing shows up, except some long text file with random characters. This was a deep scan, so everything that I could find was found.

Ok, so nothing was found on this drive and I give up. Right before I unplug it, I look at the size of the flash drive and it says that, to my disbelief, 207 MB were used, while the image file was a few kilobytes. That could have been the end of a weird story, but then I inserted it back in my computer, and it doesn't show up. I reinsert it again, and still doesn't show, even in terminal when I ls the directory where it should show up. Doesn't show up on friend's comp either.

Then I decide to check the logo which is in the picture. Nowhere on google can I find anything resembling this logo, neither with reverse image search or with specific search terms for my area (NYC), etc.

So, can anybody help figure out where this drive comes from, or what is even on it? This seems a ridiculous mystery.
>>
>>54556420
This might help you figure out what just happened.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLoYduckmuo
>>
i really wanna build and spread those mobo killing usb drives around the campus.
>>
>>54556420
Nice filename faggot
>>
This is the exact logo if anything.
>>
File: image.jpg (11 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
11 KB, 225x225
>>54556420
>find flash drive somewhere
>plug it in
>>
>>54556563
Hey, I'm running it through virtualization software on my mac.
>>
>>54556420
>Le spoopy /x/ roleplay on /g/

Did you check the "view hidden files" box, lad?

Also, give it back, Tyrone.
>>
Make a fresh Windows VM, get a snapshot of the disk, plug in the virus stick, and run a diff.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.