[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BSD General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: BSDGirl.jpg (220 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
BSDGirl.jpg
220 KB, 1024x768
Welcome to BSD General. This thread is open to all things BSD including comparison to GNU/Linux and beginner inquiry.

Interested in trying BSD? Security and open source oriented users should check out OpenBSD. The most common and server-minded distro is FreeBSD, which PC-BSD has forked for desktop users. If you want to use a BSD OS and the installation/configuration doesn't appeal to you consider Apple's OS X in a virtual machine or Mac computer.

For more info on BSD and an in depth comparison to GNU/Linux head here:

http://www.over-yonder.net/~fullermd/rants/bsd4linux/01
>>
File: 1460485723749.png (381 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1460485723749.png
381 KB, 1024x1024
>>54555509
>If you want to use a BSD OS and the installation/configuration doesn't appeal to you consider Apple's OS X in a virtual machine or Mac computer.
Commercial spam is prohibited.
>>
>>54555555
>>
>>54555556
>Commercial spam is prohibited.
Better tell the Microsoft shills.
>>
What is the equivalent of lsblk under FreeBSD?
thanks a lot
>>
Real BSD thread here.

>>54555761
>>54555761
>>54555761

Report and ignore applel shills.
>>
>>54555764
No. only NEETs run opensores on the desktop. But I use FreeBSD everywhere else.
>>
>>54555846
What's wrong with that? I mean I have Windows on my desktop for media entertainment and just in case there is ever a piece of proprietary software that I need to run. I don't like Wine. Unfortunately because of that though I use my laptop more than my beautiful desktop.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.