[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Monitor Power Supply search
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: fuck me.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
fuck me.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Looking for help finding some weird hardware. Made a thread in /wsr/ but found no results.

tl,dr: Been looking for a few years, can't find shit like this, nothing online seems to match what I need. Male cable to female receiver. Products online have connectors too thick. Your suggestion probably has the same problem. Can't measure, don't have anything to do it.

Images to follow, first one is what I'm looking for.
>>>/wsr/121370 for anyone who wants to look at everything thus far.

Image here is what I'm looking for.
>>
File: with a rusty spoon.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
with a rusty spoon.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
This is the receiver. Melted because of shit connector.
>>
File: and super glue lube.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
and super glue lube.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
And here's the major problem. Kind of a safety hazard, along with cutting connection often.

I'm tired. I'll check on this in the morning. Here's hoping for better results.
>>
that's a samsung LCD screen plug.
>>
>>54555381
>Can't measure, don't have anything to do it.
Step 1: Buy some digital calipers off aliexpress.
>>
looks similar to the male plug on my thinkpad x200 charger
>>
googled "uab0030101"

first result: "http://www.terapeak.com/worth/dve-ac-adapter-dsa-0421s-12-1-36-uab0030101-12v-3a-42w-switching-power-supply/301719145790/"

follow ebay link: "http://www.ebay.com/itm/36W-12V-3A-AC-Adapter-Charger-For-DVE-DSA-36W-12-36-Switching-Power-Supply-Cord-/380900782623?hash=item58af74b21f:g:350AAOSwMmBVg9w~"

are you mentally deficient, or does this not solve your problem?
>>
>>54555381

>can't measure, don't have anything to do it with

m8 it says it's got outer diameter of 2.1mm right there on the fucking label

r u daft, cunt?
>>
>>54555544
>>54555569
>I was looking for a few years

Looks like OP is retarded
>>
>>54555544
It doesn't help. That's quite literally what's in my monitor, sans the melted cap.
>>54555569
Yes, that's why I came here for help. I'd missed that detail, but searching for a male cable with this new information finds nothing but female cables. If anything, that's describing what's in my monitor.
>>
>>54555645
>It doesn't help. That's quite literally what's in my monitor, sans the melted cap.

Then what the fuck are you looking for? Explain exactly what you need.
>>
>>54555688
First image is the sort of cord I need. I don't know why or how, but this amalgamation of a male dc cable shares the same model number as a female dc cable. The normal, from all who knows fuck all research I've undergone, is female dc cable to male receiver. What I need is the opposite of that. A male cable to fit, what I assume to be, a 2.1mm female. I don't know how else to describe it, other than directing you to the first and third images, the first serving as what sort of connection I need, and giving you that spiel.
>>
>>54555810
Okay, based on what you just wrote >>54555544
is what you need. Now explain to me why it is not.
>>
>>54555951
It sounds like he needs the connector on the monitor itself or something since according to >>54555399 it melted?

He'd need to determine the type of connector or just look for a broken display of the same model and swap out the boards.
>>
File: fuckingCable.png (121 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
fuckingCable.png
121 KB, 300x300
>>54556075
If he is going to replace the female socket in the monitor he could just get a more standard one that he can use with a standard aftermarket ac adapter, I think he just did not click the ebay link and see that the cable from adapter to monitor is included.
see
>>54555421

>>54555381
So pic related is not what you need?
>>
honestly OP you just sound pretty dumb

If you'd better specified what you had and what you needed we might have given more useful help

just buy a new monitor, there's no hope for you
>>
>>54556794
He has abandoned the thread I guess. I really wonder sometimes if threads like this are elaborate trolls.
>>
>>54555486
or go to harbor freight if you don't feel like waiting 3 weeks.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.