[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Powermats
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
I've seen these things around at places like Starbucks. Anyone actually use them? I did a quick Google search and it seems they can only be used with your phone and that's if you have a special adapter thing. Also, anyone know anything about wireless charging in general?
>>
File: ZNAPS-Android-GIF.gif (399 KB, 680x517) Image search: [Google]
ZNAPS-Android-GIF.gif
399 KB, 680x517
>>54553390
Wireless charging is slow (2 hours for 0~100% on just a 2500 mAh battery, unless you have a modern samsung phone and buy the fast wireless charging pad) and heats up the device to a skin scorching temperature if you don't have a case.

What surprises me is that you can use a fucking Otterbox case and it'll still charge that shit's magic

Wireless charging doesn't work on metal as well which is why some devices don't have it.

They're convinent but you might as well get a magnetic adapter if you want convenience and decent charging speed
>>
>>54553390
>I did a quick Google search and it seems they can only be used with your phone and that's if you have a special adapter thing.

most smartwatches use wireless charging exclusively and therefore have the pickup built in

many phones do as well, but not all. For some phones you can buy a replacement battery/cover which has the pickup in it, to add this functionality

the tech is in infancy right now, thus these pads you have to set your phone directly on. soon it will work from larger distances by detecting your phone and sending power that direction over feet/meters, and you will not need a dedicated spot (like your photo) anymore
>>
>>54553527
How would that even work? Wouldn't that be inefficient as fuck?
>>
>>54553527
>the tech is in infancy right now
Not really. It's literally just two coils.
>>
>>54553552
Yes it's pretty inefficient.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.