[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
this hurts the systemd cancer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 1462509235157.jpg (162 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1462509235157.jpg
162 KB, 1280x720
Why dont you just use 14.04 lubuntu senpai?
- no systemd spy cancer
- still updated and it will "just work" even after update support drops
- you can secure it yourself with firewall and other tools and IP lists
- super lightweight and pretty, and you can get a cute dock and use your own icons
- you can change the sound output to something better that doesnt sound like garbage
- you can use compton for shadows on windows
- no windows spying and garbage
- no adobe update nagware that you cant remove even after disabling it and erasing the folder
- again, the whole system uses 500MB ram with firefox open
- most ubuntu software and tweaks will work too

why do you even need to stay updated? viruses gonna magically infect your non latest kernel? why cant you just use something that will just work? you want to stay up to date with the NSA systemd cancer and shit like utorrent where updates only make it more bloated and spyware, like windows 10?

just use lubuntu 14,04 you fucking retards.
>>
>>54550507
Or if your a minimalist fag like a lot of us, use void
>>
my experiences after using it now for a week>
> noticeably faster and lighter. Even if win7 used only 3 gigs with firefox out of my 6 you would kinda feel it....here the system uses barely 500MB with firefox running, and for that matter firefox here uses only around 300-400MB while on windows it uses 1.4GB sometimes.
> to try to customize openbox window themes and gtk2 themes is cancer but if you spend some time on photoshop and editing css you can make something better looking than OSX anyway. editing the tray icons in lxpanel would be cancer too but shouldnt be impossible, cause they should be up a couple of pixels. other than that its a delight to customize the lxpanel with any color, pic, transperancy and change startbutton, height too.
>>
>bonus that ext4 doesnt need defragmentation
>but the main reason really is that you get to actually keep your documents without being spied by windows 10 every fucking second where it even screenshots you.
>>
Originally I wanted to get manjaro but i learned that it was infected with systemd nsa cancer. The other kernel fork seemed like it would be autistic hell to set up so i dropped it.
Almost fell for the trick to get the latest lubuntu but learned that it was infected with systemd nsa cancer.

then i found this last 14.04 version before the infection.

the annoyance is that the buttons on the windows of openbox cannot have colors so to actually make a good theme i would have to replace the window manager with metacity and that seems to make everything crash.
>>
>recommends using ubuntu even after end of support
Seriously why dont you use something without systemd thats supported? Slackware, gentoo, void, *bsd...
>>
>systemd
>spy
>cancer
OP IS TOTALLY AN INTELLIGENT INDIVIDUAL AND WE SHOULD TAKE OP SERIOUSLY
>>
>>54551429
beware of the shill
>>
>>54550507
>systemd spy cancer
The search continues
>>
File: the_search_continues.png (1 KB, 87x92) Image search: [Google]
the_search_continues.png
1 KB, 87x92
>>54551429
>>54551513

These.

Also
>using outdated software "patched" by maintainers
>>
>>54550507
Smart anime poster
>>
>>54551429
Your RedHatAccount has increased by .03 rupees.
>>
What? I thought people didnt like systemd cause it eas fixing what was not broke where is the evodence it spies on you?
>>
Physically hurts inside to see any Linux user suffering out of date libraries, when so much improvement has been made in the last 3 years.

Bleeding edge is the only way OP. Most secure, best performance. OK, occasionally, something might break on update, but if you can't do a simple fix or rollback, WTF are you doing here?
>>
>>54550507
Install FreeBSD.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.