[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is /g/'s opinion on the Razer BlackWidow Chroma? Is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: chroma.jpg (142 KB, 1500x779) Image search: [Google]
chroma.jpg
142 KB, 1500x779
What is /g/'s opinion on the Razer BlackWidow Chroma? Is it a good keyboard or meme trash?

I want a mechanical keyboard with backlighting that I can customize. A few macros would be nice too.
>>
They use what's essentially a softer blue, the rage is mostly from people justifying their $160 Shine purchase, but Razer has bad QC with anything that isn't one of their mice, so LED's tend to die after a while

If you need to replace your old rubber G-series Logitech, and you don't need anything radical or pricey, and think that you'll be vidya'ing more than typing, then go for it
>>
>>54548711
Why don't you look at the XTi's? (coolermaster)
>>
I owned a blackwidow tournament stealth (shitty orange switches), the shitty chink switches started to fucking die in like 4 months of usage. i don't know if the build quality is any better with the greens, i would highly recommend avoiding anything fucking razer though.
>>
>>54548950
Looks good, I find it a lot less obnoxious than Razer's keyboard. What switches should I get for it? This is primarily a gaming computer, but I don't want it to feel like ass when typing.

Right now I'm using a classic logitech keyboard if that's relevant.
>>
>>54549048
>This is primarily a gaming computer, but I don't want it to feel like ass when typing.
Browns.
>>
>>54548711
It's a good keyboard when Razer does its 50% off sale
>>
>>54548711
The corsair rgb mechanical looks better imho.
>>
I got the blackwidow with only green lighting for Christmas. Keycaps are slippery bullshit. I've never used the macro buttons, even in WoW. Synapse is a piece of shit software. The keybinds for media buttons are in annoying places, as they require you to take hand off mouse.

The actual switches feel nice though. Typing and gaming both feel smooth, accurate, and don't fatigue hands. It mimics cherry Blue iirc. (razer green) usb pass through is nice. Construction is somewhat plasticy, but still durable I guess.
6.5/10 keyboard overall. If it was slightly cheaper it would get more points.
>>
How is the CODE keyboard? From what I see, it seems simple and classy. Could it be ok for gaming or is it more of a typing keyboard?

I'm also looking at the g1810 orion spectrum.
>>
>>54548711
Meme trash. Don't buy anything from Razer
>>
>>54549452
>ok for gaming or is it more of a typing keyboard?
It's called CODE, what do you think? They're fine for both, but obviously catering to the programmer. The most important part is choosing the right switch you like and the CODE gives you several choices for that.
>>
Like you've heard from other people it's an alright keyboard, it's moreover the price that is a downside.

I also personally think the back-lighting and overall keyboard is kind of gaudy.

I have a friend who owns this and while it types alright it made me think his taste was a bit childish and basic.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.