[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone made the switch from an ultrawide monitor to a 144hz
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
Has anyone made the switch from an ultrawide monitor to a 144hz monitor? Am I going to regret it?
>>
>>54548200
I've got a 144hz 16:9 (2560x1440) monitor.
I've never tried an ultrawide but if you're interested in gaming, which I assume you are since 144hz, you'll probably end up preferring the higher refresh rates (even on desktop use) and better compatibility.
Many games don't natively support 21:9, or their support is poor as fuck. So you'll have a mainstream ratio and less issue with that.

Do you really utilise the ultrawide factor of it a lot?
>>
>>54548390
I'd love to have some use for it but I have two other monitors and a TV connected to my PC, and even with my 34" ultrawide I prefer to just watch movies from my bed on the big screen. It's great that 21:9 movies fill the entire screen on the ultrawide but other than that I think UW is just a big meme
>>
60hz is eye rape once you move to 144hz, just a warning.
>>
>>54548390
What I want to know is if the TN/IPS difference is really that big. I don't see much of a difference in color quality on this shitty Dell TN from 2008 compared to my IPS ultrawide panel, but I tuned both displays and used .icc profiles so maybe I just don't know what the fuck I'm talking about
>>
>>54548200
I had a Dell ultrawide and moved to a acer g-sync monitor, it took a bit of getting used to but it's not like a huge difference that you'll never get used to
>>
>>54548429
It is, well, for anyone who doesn't do something like image creation/manipulation or perhaps something like writing research papers where you're doing the writing while actually looking at sources.
Ultrawide monitors are best when used for productivity or perhaps on a flight/racing sim, but useless otherwise.
>>
>>54548464
IPS is better out of the box, but if you get a GOOD quality TN and tune it properly, its not really much different at all.
The whole viewing angles argument is a meme.
Who HONESTLY views their monitors at angles where its sub-optimal?
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.