[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How long does it normally take from launch to start seeing some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
How long does it normally take from launch to start seeing some decent aftermarket coolers?
>>
>>54545597
a few days or weeks
>>
>>54545597
up to a month max
>>
>>54545597
couple of months
>>
I'm gonna lend your thread, OP.

I have an AIO cooler lying around.

Does anyone know what kind of formfactor the holes of the gpu cooler for the 1080 is?
I can mount this cooler on a 980ti for example.
>>
The partners said by June they'll get in their own designed cards, many will be on display at Computex
>>
>>54545703
Im pretty sure the cards will be the same form factor as KYS faggot, never jack my thread again!!
>>
>>54545597
Reference style blowers are the best coolers, they're just also the loudest. Aftermarket will get you quieter with worse thermals
>>
>>54546159
OP here, please don't impersonate me, that's rude. I don't really care if he posts off topic.

>>54546231
Can I get a source on that? I saw someone say that the other day but their evidence was using a fan that shuts off while idle vs a blower that constantly runs.
>>
>>54546231
>>54546267
Every source I can find agrees with this, but the weird thing is I can honestly say that my reference 980 is the quietest card I've ever owned.
>>
>>54546231
>Single fan reference solution
>Somehow quieter than a multi-fan solution with a bigger heatsink (so the fans don't need to run at all in desktop use)
Yeah... Totally...
>>
>>54546328
after-market coolers just blow the heat around the case which makes everything else hotter.
>>
>>54546348
Not an issue if you have proper ventilation in your case. Besides, the only other component with any real thermal issues is the CPU and that's going to be sucking in and blowing out in different directions than the ones used by the GPU.
>>
>>54545597
Here's the thing though, if they demoed a stock 1080 running 2.1Ghz @ 67°c, are massive coolers even really necessary anymore? The cards might be voltage-limited again like Maxwell and chances are that chip lottery will play on whether it'll be possible to exceed such speeds regardless of cooling used (outside of LN2).
>>
File: 1463028157797.jpg (43 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1463028157797.jpg
43 KB, 900x900
WHY ARE THEY STILL AS BIG AS A TITAN X FOR NO REASON THEY DO NOT NEED TO BE SO FUCKING BIG ANYMORE

REEEEEEEEEEEE

MUH SMALL FORM FACTOR
>>
>>54546419
Well they sorta do

If it was using HMB2 you'd have a point but it isn't

Although I'm expecting some QT cards from Nvidia next gen as they'll have the shrunken die and hmb2
>>
>>54546419
Passive cooling.

Running fans at low speeds is good, being able to run cards under low stress with the fan turned off and thus no noise whatsoever is even better.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.