[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Virtual Surround sounds software (7.1-to-2.0)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: razer-surround[1].jpg (69 KB, 1014x622) Image search: [Google]
razer-surround[1].jpg
69 KB, 1014x622
I hate razers ass as much as the next guy, but their VirtualSurround software is great.
you dont need more than 2 speakers on a headset, you only have 2 ears.

The software used to be free, but now they locked down all features and its expensive. (no working pro torrent)
why isnt there a freeware alternative?
>>
>>54543155
i dont understand, if you only have 1 driver on each side, why would you need virtual surround?
>>
>virtual surround sound
>you dont need more than 2 speakers on a headset, you only have 2 ears
>razer
Not sure if huge b8 or superior stupidity. >>/out/
>>
>>54543224
I watch 7.1 surround movies, you can use software to make 2.0 sound exactly like 7.1
razers software does this, but its gone to shit.
https://youtu.be/BWKH2HRFw8E put headphones on and listen to that, its an example of virtual surroundsound
>>
>>54543155
BeatsAudio©™™ master race, cant wait for APPLE©™™ to show us a gayming macbook air for our gaymer needs.
--------
Zend from my xXrAZERxXPRO 20" laptop.
>>
I have the same problem
>>
>>54543155
Creative had the same thing over a decade ago.
And not just 7.1, but even full 3D (so in games you could for example hear helicopters fly over your head)

For some reason 3D audio never catches on, just like 3D television.
>>
>>54543155
True 7.1 on even the shittiest of speakers and receiver is better (in accuracy) than virtualized on the best 2.1 channel set-up
>>
File: bender.png (140 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
bender.png
140 KB, 640x480
I have a background in psychoacoustics. Spatial perception is based on things like the phase difference and loudness difference between the left and right.

With 7.1 sound, the channels are segregated based on location. So you can just reverse engineer the differences between left and right with a dsp to create the perception in different areas.

The issue with stereo headphones otherwise is that you just have left and right and nothing else. The dsp allows you to have things like front and back over headphones.
>>
>>54543224
It shouldn't be necessary for pre-recorded audio. (like >>54543264), but pretty much all stereo recordings assume you have speakers rather than headphones.

For games, where sounds have to be positioned in the scene dynamically, it's a different matter.
>>
>>54543376

headphones > 9001.1 > 7.1 > 2.1
>>
>>54543382
You still have the source being mixed down from a 7 channel source to a stereo output. There is a loss in both quality and accuracy.
>>
>>54543425
Unless those 7 speakers are positioned perfectly, you will lose accuracy anyways.

No such problem with headphones.
>>
>>54543533
Any decent receiver gives you significant calibration control.

A tape measure and decent ears are all you need to bqlance any minor spacing and volume issues.
>>
File: 67529.jpg (39 KB, 460x395) Image search: [Google]
67529.jpg
39 KB, 460x395
does anyone have alternative software to Razer Surround ?
>>
Dolby Headphone, CMSS-3D, THX TruStudio, etc.
>>
None of those have download links anywhere, i've looked before.
>>
>>54543605
Unless there there are more than 1 people in the room, or you dare to move.
>>
>>54543860
>giving a shit about other people
If it isnt in the living room for movies it is only for one person anyways
>dare to move
What is it with you headphone faggots and stating the obvious? God forbid Im going to move around when staring at a screen anyways

Poorfags are worse than cancer.
>>
best discussion ever guys kys
https://youtu.be/2dbR2JZmlWo
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.