[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/sqt/ Stupid Questions Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 41
File: 1462061478992.webm (2 MB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
1462061478992.webm
2 MB, 720x404
This thread was created to prevent anons from spamming new threads, for technology questions they have.
If you are that person, post your simple/small/stupid questions here

Don't bump. This is a slow board, and will continue to be. Wait for an answer or google it.

If you see other anons posting questions outside this thread, ignore or redirect them here
Use >>>/g/sqt as a link to find the sqt thread
>>
does dust inside the computer matter apart from the fans being clogged and heatsink not being exposed to air?
>>
File: TRANS+TRANS_YER.png (24 KB, 412x446) Image search: [Google]
TRANS+TRANS_YER.png
24 KB, 412x446
hey, I have two tables (pic related)have the get the values from the bottom one into the top one.
How often each code occurs in each year, the values x1,y1,z1...z4 take these values.

how can this be achieved ?
>>
>>54542858
Hi /g/!

How do I know if a language is regular OR context-free but not regular OR non-context-free?

My book is giving me fuckall on this distinction.
>>
Does anyone have the screen shot of when someone asked "how to be a hacker" and someone replied with a list of books?
>>
Any /mu/tants here? I downloaded some music album BDMV's off of rutracker and thought it would be cool if I started conveting the DTS-MA HD audio to FLAC, splitting them and adding tags and such. I finished doing so for the 2009 Surround Mix of King Crimson, but I'm wondering if I'm wasting my time. Is it worth converting Blu-ray music audio or should I stick to FLAC CD rips?
>>
Is there anyway to root a xperia m4 aqua. I know xperias are generally dificult to root,but i managed to root my previous Phone(xperia zr) with a one touch root app,but the m4 isn't supported by the app.
>>
>>54543102
Stick to flacs. Unless you enjoy the processing.
>>
>>54542858
What's going on in this webm?
>>
>>54542877
In rare cases it can cause shorts. Gives a nice place for mold to build up, etc.
Also without airflow, not lack of exposure, shit can burn.
>>
File: retarded compiler.jpg (111 KB, 1233x678) Image search: [Google]
retarded compiler.jpg
111 KB, 1233x678
Hey /g/ Just reinstalled codeblocks (the version with mingw) And I can't see anything even if I compile the Hello World example. what changed in Codeblocks ? How do I fix this ? I get no errors .
>>
>>54542858
Did that faggot cop have his license revoked?
>>
>>54543118
Looks like the cops slammed on his brakes to have an excuse to talk to the driver with the dash cam.
>>
I would like to build a small alarm on my computer that goes off when I exit steam/origin/etc from playing online games, so that I remember to turn my VPN back on before I browse.

How difficult would this be?
>>
>>54543118
Well I'm converting the DTS to FLAC. I guess what I should have asked was if Blu-ray lossless had anything above regular CD's. Truth is I don't know much about CD spinoff's. I got this idea because I heard of something called a Blu-spec CD so I just assumed that Blu-rays had better audio than CD's. Sorry if this is stupid.
>>
>>54543150
No stress. This is /sqt/ any increase in quality will not be worth the effort of having to convert everything to flac. I plain 100% flac from a CD will be more than good enough quality wise.
>>
>>54543119
Cop hits the brakes in the hope the guy will run into the back of his car. The guy stops four foot away from the cop car, and proceeds to be lectured by the cop for not stopping far enough away. Gets a ticket for it too.
>>
>>54543196
ACAB
>>
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/nhPNLk

Is this any good? And yes im waiting for pascal for prices to drop.
>>
I've got an old Galaxy Ace 2 that I want to give away but it's tied to an operator.
The usual guides fail me and the galaxy ace unlock app gives me no unlock codes.
Do some phones unlock codes never get leaked?
>>
File: _this_.jpg (56 KB, 568x343) Image search: [Google]
_this_.jpg
56 KB, 568x343
i have _this_, but the phones are noisy and the internet goes down when the phone rings!
is _this_ right? and/or bad~loose connections? is there a better way to set it up with 2 phones?
>>
>>54543196
Hopefully some nigger shot that piece of shit cop later
>>
Is it possible to run a gaming GPU and professional GPU in the same PC and dictate which card does what?

I'm looking to get into various editing. Video/pictures. I currently have a 4690k, 16gb ddr3, and a 980ti. The ti would be for gaming of course. I was thinking of picking up a decent middle of the road quadro card for design work to assist my i5 in its work load. I know with editing, moar cores is moar better usually but for me to upgrade to an i7, it'd be $300 minimum. I can get a decent quadro from a buddy for $120.

Not looking to SLI of course.
>>
File: a.jpg (667 KB, 2416x1336) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
667 KB, 2416x1336
How are these things called? It's an amplifier right? Which ones could you recommend?
>>
>>54543196
He's got it all on tape though, can't he sue or something?
>>
>>54543423
I think it might actually be a DAC (digital to analog converter)
I use an audioengine D1, affordable and sounds great.
>>
File: 1463234382752.jpg (45 KB, 568x343) Image search: [Google]
1463234382752.jpg
45 KB, 568x343
>>54543331

Would it work better like this?
>>
my gpu exploded today

should i go get a life for a month ? how much will prices drop once the 1080 is released
>>
>>54542989
you are looking on how to pivot a table.
look for whatever database you use on how to do that.
>>
>>54543895
thank you!
>>
whats the simplest way to record text to speech so I can put it in a video
>>
How should I configure VirtualBox if I want to run two operating systems in the same VM?
>>
Would a late 2010 macbook air be much of an upgrade from an acer v3-112p if i could get the macbook for free?
>>
Github removed "Webm for Retards"

Can someone share a link to it pls?
>>
>>54544218
It's back under a more normie name, look it up.
>>
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 736x488) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 736x488
Wanna get a classic pair of floorstanding stereo speakers but everywhere I look is this tower bullshit. Where can I find a good pair and what brands to look for? I was in a thrift store one day and heard a good pair, but they were not for sale.
>>
>>54544145
Out of interst why do you want to do this?
>>
>>54543427

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two-second_rule

IIRC this law is enforced.
>>
>>54544282
I want to learn how to recover GRUB after installing Windows on top of Debian.
>>
>>54544145
I assume you want windows + linux?
Just create a windows one, when it's all set up, make another partition to have space for linux, then from the virtual box menu you configure windows to launch from CD first and load the ISO there.
Basically how you'd make a dual boot in any system.
That's how I did it at least.
>>
File: 1444205698133.png (3 MB, 2176x1915) Image search: [Google]
1444205698133.png
3 MB, 2176x1915
How do I "into" Electronics? I am starting Uni next semester (for CE) and would like to start learning on my own. Are there any good books for absolute beginners? I took AP Physics in high school but we barely covered circuits and electricity.Thanks.
>>
I need a replacement amp for my Klipsch Synergy amp. This one

https://www.google.com/search?q=klipsch+synergy+subwoofer+amp&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari#hl=en-us&q=bash+300w+digital+subwoofer+plate+amplifier

It is not available. Are there any other amps I could use? I have a car amp connected to my subwoofer powered by an Xbox 360 brick and it looks gimped as fuck.
>>
How do I move gnome top panel to bottom?
>>
Intel VS AMD

I can't understand the difference why Intel CPUs cost way more than AMD.
some people say Intel is overpriced.
other say AMD is cheaper but also is worst.
I don't know what to think or believe, any objetive informatio about this?¿
>>
File: Untitled.png (229 KB, 1405x890) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
229 KB, 1405x890
Upgrade 8.1 to 10
network: vmware workstation->ESXi->Sophos (DNS,DHCP,FW)

installed 10, no internet, no ping anywhere.
fixed, surfs.
reboot-> no internet!!
revert vmware worktation to "AFTER 10"
internet = ok
reboot.
no internet.

Only restoring a snapshot solves it.
wtf

reverrt
>>
>>54544795
AMD = moar cores
Itel = better single core performance.
>>
>>54544795
Because:

1)Intel has a bigger monopoly on the market, so it's a more recognisable brand than AMD. When people see the AMD logo, it's usually associated with budget CPUs and hardware. So, brand value does count

2)Intel upgrades way more often than AMD. This is good because it ensures you get the latest technology, but at the same time it's bad because it fucks over everyone else as they need to buy new motherboards that support the new socket etc.

3)People optimise their stuff for intel more.

That's it really. Both intel and AMD have really good CPUs, but if you ask me I'd say go AMD. I'm salty as fuck over intel overpricing everything and changing sockets every year.
>>
I think this is better suited for >>>/g/diy, but:
Both NPN and PNP transistors in my Class AB output stage amplifier are always on (forward active) for some reason. How do I bias them?
>>
>>54543125
I think you need to build as release - that's usually a debug thing. Alternatively you could through a cin in after your cout to pause the program before it kills the process
>>
File: Luluco.png (393 KB, 569x516) Image search: [Google]
Luluco.png
393 KB, 569x516
How do I get a career started in /g/?
I find Hardware fascinating, but I dont know a whole lot of stuff really.
Im 24 and still dont know what I want to do with my life, please help
>>
>>54544795
AMD is always going to be better in terms of price/performance with their products (both for cpu's against intel and gpu's against nvidia), but their products are also almost always going to perform worse than the opposition.

So if you want high end go with intel, and if you want price/performance go amd. In general though, above a price point of like $130 you should be going with intel processors.
>>
>>54544968
Thanks for answering.

I tried to build as release but it didn't solve the issue .
Some Anon told me that the cout should also have a newline at the end for the stdout buffer to flush.

This was the solution that worked for me.

The wierd part is that I worked with Codeblocks before and I don't remember that this is a requirements.
>>
>>54545085
Do you have any kind of education? A high school diploma, a degree in any kind of technology related field like engineering, computer science... ? Start from whatever education you have from now and take online courses, learn from them. Then try to do open source stuff and use that experience to get into an actual job.
>>
If I toss in a 1x8GB memory stick now can I get still dual-channel when I buy another stick sometime down the line as long as I get one with the same brand/speed/size?
>>
>>54545138
Yes
You could probably do it with a different brand even but its not recommended.
>>
>>54545135
High School Grad, I learnt basic IT classes for 2 years, Did alright in that, Excelled at Multimedia but that was more for my artistic creative side.
But thats mostly faded now
I worked on building switchboards for about 6 months, but that was mostly building little shit, like wiring, heaters, Copper bar forming.
I am horribly indecisive so I have a hard time deciding anything
>>
How much more stronger is the GTX 1070 going to be than the 980?
>>
>>54545211
Not sure, but you seem more interested in something like graphic design or video rendering than engineering. I'd look into that. If it turns out to not be your thing, then you can always use your experience and what you've learnt in other fields, it's not impossible.
>>
>>54545327
Is Graphic design a legit job? I mean like how Art wont really get you places?
I have a drawing tablet already because Im learning Art
>>
btrfs
FUD or useable for root partition stable?
>>
>>54545362
I know some GD's who are _very_comfortable.
>>
>>54545403
What do they do?
Magazines? Web design? Mobile games? Product designs?
>>
File: 1460591038711.png (161 KB, 1104x977) Image search: [Google]
1460591038711.png
161 KB, 1104x977
>>54545362
now is the time to POST YER WORK
>>
>>54545362
Depends really. Art fields in general are kinda hit or miss, there are people I know who get paid a lot to work in projects and shit. Those people are generally in big companies and organisations, so if you have a way to get into a good company right after you graduate then it's not bad. You could also go freelance, which pays less, but you have more freedom over what you work at, you can work in your home and don;t need to go to an office. Pretty great if you're a NEET who likes to stay home all day. Generally speaking though, the only art people I know who get very successful are the ones who have relations or people wanting to work with them as soon as they graduate. Freelance is okay, but won't get you many places unless you're really good at what you do.
>>
>>54545430
Freelance. Doing all sorts of stuff. One caveat is that they did establish themselves a good a while ago. I can't say much about what it is like to enter the market today. Also, like with most things, who know is going to be as, or more, important than what you know.
>>
File: 0r80IDG[1].png (715 KB, 791x936) Image search: [Google]
0r80IDG[1].png
715 KB, 791x936
How it's possible to vape dry herbs?
Do the herb vaporizers just burn the herb? Do I need to wet the herb with water?
>>
Hi /g/.

I'm a programming-layman and have basically no knowledge, and I also don't really need any besides that I want to code my own Imageboard.
I don't want to use some 0815 Imageboard engine because I wanna add some features which the average Imageboard doesn't have.

Which language/s should I learn for that?
>>
>>54545515
If it burnt the herb it wouldn't be a vaporizer. They heat the herb until the goodness turns to a 'vapor'

Note an ecig, or something you load with a 'juice' isn't a a vaporizer. Or at least the one you seem to be asking about.
>>
>>54545538
css/html/php
>>
Am i anonymous here?
>>
>>54545583
In some respects. In others not.
>>
>>54545606
Which aspects i am not anon?
>>
>>54545622
Well I have no idea how you are arriving at this website or what other opsec steps you have taken to anonymise yourself.

How anonymous are you hoping to be?
>>
>>54543119

Look at the lower screen, the speed limit is 25, when the driver goes up to 29 the cop pulls him over.
>>
>>54545583
>>54545606
No,you're not. You're heavily recorded. All your data is being mined by mook to create an internet profile,which is sold.
You cannot use tor
You cannot use VPN's
You cannot use 7 proxies.

Let me hear it again
We are Annoymous
>>
>>54545622
Most people have unique filenames for their images, and use them often. (Especially reaction images)

You can use an archiving site to find all posts with that filename for the picture, meaning a careless user can have several of his posts tied to an image if he uses it repeatedly or gives it a unique filename, like a random number string.
>>
>>54545647
You're correct. But on a very simple and superficial level you are. Just by glancing over the boards and threads of 4chan you can't tell who people are.
>>
File: OC Donuts.png (403 KB, 413x651) Image search: [Google]
OC Donuts.png
403 KB, 413x651
>>54545435
Im not really any good yet, Im still learning, getting better but still bad, I think I might start doing some requests and stuff on Drawthreads once I learn a few more tricks
>>54545442
I would love the idea of Freelance stuff
One of my goals it to make my own Vidya, but thats a hobby, not a job, I can use blender to an extent and know some basic game code for Unity
But again Im indecisive so I dont know if I would it to be 2D or 3D
Bit of story time, during my highschool art Major were given over a year to do a set of work and thats pretty much every day in class, I did jack shit for most of the year and just talked to my m8s, my teacher hated me because I was so lazy, then in the last month I did 6 sketches of my friends, slapped on a black boarder around each shot and placed the pictures in the shape of a smiley face, the eyes was me and my crush at the time, I got a 90/100 for that and my teacher was so pissed off.
>>
>>54545641
I m using 4chan app
>>
>>54545647
Proxy servers can send users script to execute and own their machines.
>>
>>54545681
You are caching the images from the threads you go too,which can then be traced around the site,to see what threads you are seeking out.You can have your cookies scanned etc
>>
File: 1455319415950.jpg (13 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1455319415950.jpg
13 KB, 640x640
>>54545692
>he has a portable botnet device
>wants to be anonymous
>>
>>54545692
Yer so you are only anonymous in the sense that is what is says above your posts. But in terms of netsec and opsec your are completely unique and trackable.
>>
>>54545700
Thats why you vpn in to proxies
>>
>>54545709
I'm kind of being a little silly here. But we are all anonymous in the sense that is what is says above our posts. To each other we are literally 'Anonymous'

In a philosphical sense.
>>
>>54545714
Lets just hope he doesnt have his nuclear prints saved to his phone
>>
My notebook (Samsung 900X3A) suddenly has no sound anymore. It appears my laptop no longer recognizes the audiojack anymore, nor does it play sounds over the built-in speakers any longer. Troubleshooting tells me "Possible unrecognized hardware change". What could cause this? Loose cable?

The other day I had sound, but once I closed my laptop and booted it later that day, it was gone again.
>>
Is there a way to make new Explorer windows appear underneath the cursor on Windows 7?

I hit Win+E to open one and it appears in some fucking dumb location and triggers my autism. I'd like it to just appear on the active monitor/underneath my cursor a la Linux
>>
>>54545767
Sounds like something is either very broken or just a little loose

Open it up and make sure everything's solid, esp if it's a laptop
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-09_17-54-10.png (18 KB, 415x178) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-09_17-54-10.png
18 KB, 415x178
I've managed to get an eGPU setup working on my Thinkpad x220t (which has Antergos and Windows dual-booted) on my windows partition, and now I'm trying to see if gpu passthrough works on my Antergos partition. I've been following this guide
https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/3lno0t/gpu_passthrough_revisited_an_updated_guide_on_how/

and I think I've gotten it working up to the "setting up Windows" section. But, I need to use the keyboard to start installing Windows in the VM, and I don't have a usb keyboard on hand right now.

How would I go about passing through my laptop keyboard control to the qemu VM?
>>
I need to move some files from my PC to a potentially infected PC I found

What's the safest way to do it, assuming I'll need to do it more than once?
>>
>>54546162
Wait from healthy pc -> infected.

What is the issue?
>>
>>54546185
I'm a game dev and it's useful to have an old PC to test performance on.
>>
>>54546258
Why not just wipe and reinstall the potentially infected pc?
>>
>>54545973
I'm not sure what exactly to check. I marked the area where I presume something is broken or loose, but can I even remove those ribbon cables and reattach them without breaking something and without using glue?
>>
File: 900x3a.jpg (784 KB, 1600x1051) Image search: [Google]
900x3a.jpg
784 KB, 1600x1051
>>54546278
Forgot picture
>>
Is this balanced? Should i get a gtx 960 instead? Or even an r9 380?

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/nhPNLk
>>
>>54542858

>barely going 29mph
>takes you 10 feet to come to complete stop

What kinda econobox is this guy pushing around?!
>>
>>54546274
Couldn't it potentially persist through that?

I found it in a park so I don't really want to risk anything.
>>
Is there a way to play videos on a raspberry pi without having them lag?
>>
>>54544322
>>54543196
stopping in the middle of the road creates a dangerous obstruction and is illegal. cops technically can't speed or break the laws of the highway.

the guy in the video was two seconds behind the cop and was able to safely stop.

the video evidence proves that the policeman was the only person present to break traffic laws
>>
if i have an OS installed on an SSD on an AMD build, if i move the SSD to an Intel build, will everything function properly?
>>
>>54546341
I doubt it.
>>
How do I move up one dir via command line?
Example: I am in dir1/subdir/ how do I move to dir1 if I don't know the name of it?
>>
>>54546389
"cd .."
>>
>>54546389
http://cli.learncodethehardway.org/book/
>>
>>54546415
Thank you!
>>
>>54546382
You may need to use a tool to prep your install for motherboard change
>>
Is there a decent way to change the lockscreen on Android? I just hate my phone's stock one.

It's a Huawei P8 Lite, if that's relevant.
>>
>>54546495
what would that entail?
>>
ive a socket 2011 cpu i need to test but ive no hardware for it, can i use a lga1155 cooler to test it without screwing it down?
>>
Alright so i was thinking if there is a thread for hacking?
>>
>>54542989
Select * from table1 join table2
>>
>>54546559
Thinking what now??
>>
>>54542858
How d I make win8 faster?
>>
>>54546559
Now two things;
1. Are u stupid?
2. How do i deal with stupids
>>
>>54546591
No bully please. This is the _stupid_ question thread.
>>
>>54544841
halp
>>
>>54546581
Uninstall it :p
U want fast; U want linux.
U want slow; U want windows: p
>>
>>54546333
"Hello is this autozone, yes I want the CHEAPEST brakes you have. Please."
>>
>>54546611
but but...muh gaymes :(
>>
Jokes apart. Try process explorer and kill unnecessary process.
>>
>>54546627
Bait?

If not, you can run most things in linux with wine. It's really quite easy and works well.
>>
>>54546640
>wine
is crap and you know it!
>>
>>54546581
Better hardware?
>>
How do I convince a girl to sit on my face or at least step on me, using technology?
>>
>>54546655
yea but I want the OS to be at it's best
>>
>>54546627
Awww thats cute :* well may be just dual boot your pc
>>
>>54546665
You give her an iphone6
>>
>>54546665
transfer money electronically
>>
>>54546341
While there are no guarantees, re-formatting and re-installing should get rid of almost all malware you're likely to encounter

Very high chance you aren't gonna have a virus that persists in the bios..
>>
>>54546649
Not really. I get 60fps with all the games I want to play.

Tell me what is crap about it?
>>
>>54546665
Sit or shit?
>>
>>54546689
buggy as fuck and stallmeme
>>
>>54546666
It's winows. Accept you can't tweak it enough to make a big difference. Either switch to linux or get some better hardware.
>>
>>54546701
I remember those light versions of XP for gaming
>>
>>54546559
So which thread is for hacking convo. Or is it allowed to ask here
>>
>>54546698
Literally not. Last reply you're getting from me. I have got smooth performance from three big name games I have run through wine with little to no wizardry. It is a viable option for the non-lazy.
>>
A little while ago I updated to the latest version. Didn't like it, so I downgraded by recovering from a TWRP backup.

Ever since, apps have been acting weird when interacting with the filesystem. For example, I can't send pictures through Whatsapp or Telegram (the latter just silently fails), and my note-keeping app can't create new files, but can edit them for some reason.
Things that caught my attention:

/sdcard/ still redirects to /storage/emulated/legacy/ (my phone only has internal storage, no sd slot), but now that folder appears empty. Instead, my files are in /storage/emulated/0/

Permissions on folders are 770, on files they are 770, and on newly created files (ie photos) they get set to 660. That's not default behavior right?

Also, all files and folders have owner "00000 - root" and group "01028 - sdcard_r"

I think one or more of the above are the source of my issues. How can I best fix this? I've tried manually editing file permissions on a picture, but the changes never go through, even when executing as root.
What do?
>>
>>54546718
There is no 'hacking' thread. Make one. I am certain you won't get the info you want. IF you want to learn then start reading. Take some courses and realise that no one on /g/ is going to give you any good info on hacking.
>>
>>54546725
>non-lazy
?
What about older windows software
>>
>>54546736
Thanks
>>
>>54546742
Not other guy but I have also run a bunch of games through wine on linux with no issues.

>older windows software

What do you mean?

RCT? Caesar III?
>>
>>54546767
older winamp player
>>
>>54546718
Cybrary.it

Follow the course guides for network pen tester.
>>
>>54546787
Why would you want to run an older winamp player. On linux. Through wine?!
>>
>>54546795
nostalgia ... :(
>>
>>54546821
I mean, yeah, but come on, surely you have a better way to your time?
>>
>>54546848
can I use older software like that in wine?
>>
>>54546792
Keeps trying to force me register.

Wretch.
>>
I'm trying to reinstall Windows 7 since mine seems borked, I downloaded an ISO and used a tool to make my USB bootable with the ISO.

After booting and choosing to boot via USB on my BIOS I just get back to my normal Windows, no setup.

Am I being retarded or something?
>>
>>54546367
>technically can't
So? Cops are above the law. Not technically, but in practice they are.
>>
>>54546869
Yer I don't see why not. I mean you can even use playonlinux, a gui front end for wine that lets you choice the version of wine or windows you want to use.
>>
>>54546881
you don't boot correctly from usb and it skips it, reinstall the win iso on usb
>>
>>54546898
sounds like bulkware
>>
Can i ask illegal questions like "how do i take over the world" or how does terrorism network works. Etc.
>>
>>54546728
Nobody? I haven't been able to find much information on this specific issue.
>>
>>54546921
I suppose you can say it is, but not everyone like to be pointed towards a purely command line tool. I don't use POL but some people might prefer it.
>>
>>54546924
>illegal question
>>
>>54546881
Use rufus to make your USB bootable.
>>
>>54546881
use one usb with dos software to boot and format the disk and after that boot from win usb
>>
>>54546877
Of course.
Free in depth videos, why wouldn't you take 30 seconds to make an account
>>
>>54546924
You can ask anything you like, but no one can promise an answer or that <insert your country's secret police name> won't break down your door and drag you off to be water boarded.
>>
>>54546924
you sound like a sjw feminist fruitbowl
>>
>>54546976
>>54546597
>>
Two questions:

1) A friend of mine is looking for a free program for making 2D animations. What's the best?

2) Is there a good sbustitute for the Firefox addon DonwloadHelper? I'm not tolerating that "install converter" bullshit anymore.
>>
>>54542858
what is difference between PowerPC architecture and x86/x64 in laymans terms?
>>
>>54546976

What's sjw
>>
>>54547112
Southern Jewish Wrestler.
>>
>>54547120
Scotish Justice Wrangler
>>
>>54547120
Thanks. Sounds good
>>
can I use an OEM key to activate a retail windows 7 iso? I read that the OEM key checks its hardware after activation, and if its changed too much, it will ask for reactivation. is this a problem for me if I've changed mobo and gpu?
>>
>>54547139
Spainish jaundice worker
>>
>>54547156
small japanese waiter
>>
>>54547081
CPUs use something called instruction sets to perform tasks
Different architectures use different instruction sets
PowerPC uses a reduced instruction set, x86 uses a complex instruction set
There are advantages and disadvantages to each.
>>
Well, what *hack* would u do to get a person's phone number within a month?
Assume things but not stupid ones like; "i will ask him/her"
>>
>>54547182
Don't be too quick to dismiss social engineering.

Land line or mobile?
>>
>>54547190
Any or both. Which ever applicable
>>
>>54547206
Do you know anything else about the person? Address, name, etc?
>>
Why do i have to do this "recaptcha robot" thing and then identify pictures all the time. Its really annoying on mobile
>>
>>54545685
L O O M I S
O
O
M
I
S
READ THE /IC/ STICKY
>>
>>54547008
Pirated Adobe Flash
>>
>>54547233
Cos stuff. Give gook some money and get a pass.
>>
>>54547149
Just get KMSpico from my digital life forums.
(Only there. The others are malware)
>>
>>54547231
I am concerned about hack. U can assume things like lets say if i know his/her name i would go and check for the number on fb profile using a fake account. Things like that are easy. But what about getting to access a DB which has encripted number and then decrypting it. Something hacky u know
>>
File: received_966753796731481.gif (2 MB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
received_966753796731481.gif
2 MB, 600x338
So is there like any downside to running pirated windows at all?
>>
>>54547278
> U
> encrpited
You know you have to be >18 to visit this site?
>>
>>54546968
>>54546967
>>54546907
Well I just tried with Rufus and about 4 other programs to try and make it work and switched USB ports. Still nothing, going to guess I have a shoddy ISO and download a new one.
>>
>>54547300
U get sued

:p jk idk
>>
>>54547300
Why though? Just pay up or install linux. Pirated windows is like the worst of both worlds.
>>
what laptop has best battery life?( use linux)
>>
I am trying to decide between an i5-4690k or a i5-6600k cpu. This will be for a completely new PC I am making for the GTX 1070. Which cpu should I get?
>>
>>54547233
Hello newfriend, you obviously weren't here during the height of the bot spam. I agree the new captchas can be retarded but its still better than the alternative.

>>54547300
If you do it right, no.
>>
>>54547248
Hmph.
>>
>>54547303
U know this is 4 chan.
Not a "documentation" for product release
>>
>>54547335
Prices are close enough you might as well go with skylake
>>
What are the default Android file permissions and owner/group?

Also, whenever I try to change a file or folder's permissions (either using File Manager or chmod), the changes don't stick. What gives?
>>
File: 1447669679735.jpg (464 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1447669679735.jpg
464 KB, 1024x1024
>>54547360
>>
>>54547338
There could have been one time authentication.
This is really annoying.
Thats the reason people prefer irc.
>>
Can anyone recommend a good brand and cheap monitor with at least 120hz(be able to switch between 120hz and 60hz), 4k and 5 or less Ms response time, 2 hmdi would be nice.
>>
How do I send webms on imessage? If I have to convert it what are the size and length limitations?
>>
>>54547391
What?
Do u want me to call u beautiful?
>>
File: 1447755327433.jpg (149 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1447755327433.jpg
149 KB, 1024x1024
>>54547430
>>
>>54547405
doesn't exist

>>54547411
you can't
>>
>>54546331
Bump. What gpu is most balanced for my build?
>>
>>54547442
Do u know? Posting pictures of people on internet without a written consent is a crime
>>
File: 1461761932821.jpg (230 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1461761932821.jpg
230 KB, 960x960
>>54547478
>>
>>54547442
pls don't post my gf
>>
>>54547463
Currently 970 or 390
And you can get a 970 for much less than the one on that list
But you should still wait for the new cards
>>
>>54547391
So lets say. How do u find out mobile number of this person
>>
>>54547338
How does one go about doing it right?
>>
>>54544841
>Running ESXi inside another OS
Anon that's now how ESXi works.
>>
>>54547498
If they were small or relatively small should look much more adorable
>>
>>54547173
The disadvantage is you wont have support for pretty much anything relevent in this modern age of technology if you're limiting your self to powerpc
>>
>>54547549
Get daz/mstoolkit/kmspico
Verify checksum
Get windows ISO
Verify checksum
Install
Run activator of choice
>>
>>54547524
And between 970 and 390?
I heard 970 is gimped
>>
>>54547542
You wouldn't you creep.
>>
Why do some pirated software require you to add to the hosts file?
Namely, adobe, sony vegas, etc
>>
I'm using 4chan X 1.11.33.2, and I'm getting really fed up of having to manually check "Prefetch Images" on every thread. How can I make it checked by default?
>>
>>54547442
>>54547498
who this
>>
File: tab.png (340 KB, 506x333) Image search: [Google]
tab.png
340 KB, 506x333
I volunteer in a charity shop and today I found a tablet (pic related obviously), they told me to take it home and see if i could get it to work. It came with a USB cable which I assumed was a charger, but that hasn't been working for me. Anyone know if it's possible to take the back of it off (without damaging it) so I could get a look at the inside?
>>
>>54547619
Some neo-nazi chick.
>>
So I have an issue with my 2.1 power speaker set. It is made by Cambridge Soundworks and the satellites will randomly start sounding very scratchy and hissy, however this will persist even after the removal of the audio in wire to the speaker set up. It will stop happening after the speakers enter standby after 30 seconds of no input. When the audio in cable is plugged back in it wont start up again instantly but rather after certain sounds are played that reach certain pitches it seems like. I am fairly sure that the issue therefore resides in the satellites themselves which will necessitate me buying either new satellites or just replacing my entire speaker set up (this is what I am leaning towards). I have been searching for replacement satellites to no avail as of yet so as a result I have also started looking at replacing everything with something else. If I do end up replacing everything what are some good integrated amplifiers to look at? I was thinking of buying a powered sub from Elac as well as a set of Elac Uni-Fi UB5 bookshelf speakers.

tl;dr
Speakers are likely broke, need to either replace them or purchase an entirely new audio system for my computer, if purchasing new what integrated amps should I be looking at?
>>
>>54547594
Whatever goats your boat
970 effectively has 3.5 GB of VRAM, not the 4GB it claims
This is basically irrelevant if you run at 1080p or lower
>>
>>54547604
I am not the one posting random girl's images. Which projects lewdness
>>
Does ram speed really have any effect on gaming performance? I've got 8gb of DDR3 at 1600MHz. Would I notice a difference upgrading to 2400MHz?
>>
>>54547648
I am veyr comfortable with being a creep who posts pre-existing photos, rather than an underage creep who wants to some how "hack" a phone number.
>>
>>54544448
Don't know about books but try joining a robotics club at the uni. I've found that there's plenty of people that like to volunteer their time to newcomers.
>>
>>54547650
no
>>
In foobar2000, how can I sort my files like they appear in their directories? They are sorted by metadata or something and it's a mess.
>>
>>54547646
1080p is fine but im using a 144hz screen. Not sure whats best for that.
>>
>>54547667
U just called every single guy in NSA a creep. Now that makes u 100% qualified stupid.
>>
>>54547626
u think there pics of her nude or is she too prude for that
>>
>>54545961
Please respond this is triggering me
>>
>>54547692
>>54547695
I'm enjoying this back and forth we are having.
>>
>>54547702
Press alt+space then press m
Use arrow keys to make it appear in front of u
>>
File: multithreaded comparison.png (61 KB, 515x1350) Image search: [Google]
multithreaded comparison.png
61 KB, 515x1350
>>54544795
intels current architecture is built around a few fat cores at the consumer end, and the xeons vary from a few power efficient cores for the low end, to workstation grade 6 core beasts, to massive 24 core monsters at the very high end, with cores getting progressively weaker individually as you go up from the 6 core workstation parts. AMD built bulldozer with the idea of knocking out an architecture that would target the high end server market with a shitton of individually weak cores on a single chip, that run at a high clock speed. AMD marketing decided muh first consumer 8 core was a good idea, and proceeded to sell a highly specialised set of parts to the general public. after this they released one iteration of it, some APUs, and then gave the fuck up on it to work on some ARM stuff and a less retarded x86 design.

pic related is hoq an 8 core sandy bridge xeon compares against an fx8350 in multithreaded cinebench. ill post the single threaded results in a second.

>>54546157
>I've managed to get an eGPU setup working on my Thinkpad x220t
nice
>How would I go about passing through my laptop keyboard control to the qemu VM?
you can pass through USB controllers rather easily, but i hear passing through usb devices is a little bit harder, i think the keyboard is a usb device anyway

>>54545085
look up louis rossman on youtube if youre interested in hardware repair
>>
are firefox bookmarks saved on the cloud or my computer?
>>
>>54547759
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/profiles-where-firefox-stores-user-data#w_what-information-is-stored-in-my-profile
>>
>>54547678
Refresh rate doesn't really make a difference for VRAM usage
Also if you're doing 144hz I'd double down on my wait for the new cards recommendation.
>>
Are there any laptop good enough to run black ops 3 at 120fps? I don't need to play at 4k, 1080p is fine.
What kind of specs should I need?
>>
>>54547867
It's going to end up being a very expensive folding laptop. Why not just get a desktop and save some funbucks?
>>
File: AMD vs Intel 8 core.png (48 KB, 1644x494) Image search: [Google]
AMD vs Intel 8 core.png
48 KB, 1644x494
>>54544795
>>54547738
pic related has AMD and Intel benchmarks side by side, the xeon and the FX-8350 are both my benchmark results before and after switching to the xeon
>>
>>54547880
>laptop
Meant folding DESKTOP
>>
>>54546550
anyone?
>>
>>54547379
>>54546728
Anyone?
>>
>>54547880
Just for portability, I travel a lot.
>>
>>54547569
Not having to put it on metal is cool
>>
>>54546550
if POST is enough, sure
>>
>>54547925
Fair enough. When I was in the same position I headed over to pcspecialist and got a clevo made up.
>>
>>54547705
im not that other person you are quoting (the U guys)
>>
>>54547971
what about to the windows log on? its a fat 8 core monster i plan on testing with it
>>
>>54547989
Both the posts I quoted contain a u. Either way, welcome.
>>
>>54547991
i'd do it.
use enough paste
>>
Should I go 970 SLI since I already have one or buy a 1070 / 1080?
>>
>>54548020
its got the stock paste on pre-applied. think i should scrape it off and use some of the better stuff ive got instead?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 41

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.