[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
First one or second one? And why?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: fy5e6v.jpg (3 MB, 2560x3840) Image search: [Google]
fy5e6v.jpg
3 MB, 2560x3840
First one or second one? And why?
>>
>>54539346
Both are fine. Heat will not dissipate more efficiently compared to the other.
>>
>>54539346
first way, looks cooler
>>
>>54539346
either or, i wouldn't even care if they didn't match, because life's short so why would it matter anyways
>>
>>54539346
Ports are on the right
So, right side will probably be blocked for airflow
So, airflow will only be top-to-bottom or bottom-to-top
So, the second one, at least in theory.

However, I doubt the difference will be substantial.
>>
>>54539427
thanks
>>
>>54539346
personally, the third option is a no brainer for me
>>
>>54539346
i was going to write an autistic rant about how they are the exact same board, but now i realize not only are they the same board, but they're in the exact same spot on that table/tile whatever, when you compare the dark/light spots of the surface texture, it shows this board it wasn't even moved between the two photos, so not only are they the same model, but i would postulate they are the exact same instance.
>>
>>54539695
look at the heatsink, nigger
>>
>>54539695
you know for someone who spent that much of their autistic energy studying the photo you sure did overlook the obvious there bud. no h8 tho senpai its just kind of funny.
>>
>>54539695
You are correct, they are the same board in the exact same spot. But that was not the question.
>>
>>54539346
The heatsink on a Raspberry Pi barely makes a difference regardless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6okZKRwnTQ
>>
>>54540441
but it's bling for your meme computer
>>
File: 1445811165236.webm (2 MB, 964x576) Image search: [Google]
1445811165236.webm
2 MB, 964x576
>>54539346
one on the vrm wouldn't go amiss either
>>
>>54539346
Put a teeny fan on it.
>>
>>54540441
The conclusion of the video is that, for CPU intensive tasks, you SHOULD use a heatsink, because it may thermal throttle above 82'C
>>
>>54540824
Each node is a seperate Pi I'm assuming?

Is that your own linux distro?
>>
>>54540824
What're you using the cluster for?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.