[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PowerPC Macs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 36
File: Picture 1.jpg (239 KB, 1280x854) Image search: [Google]
Picture 1.jpg
239 KB, 1280x854
Anyone else here collect these old machines?
PowerPC or 68k only, no intel shit in this thread please.
>>
>>54532461
>Have a hobby that I enjoy
>GET A LIFE YOU FUCKING LOOSER!

I bet you're a joy to have at parties, aren't you?
>>
>>54532443
I've been trying to get OSX back on my powerbook for a week now... can't get Lion on a single layer disk, can't boot from USB.
might have to settle for tiger or search for a powerpc distro that's lightweight
>>
>>54532461
>go to loser corner of the internet, 4chan
>go to nerd corner of the loser corner, /g/
>get mad that people here are nerds who care about shit you dont care about
how did you even end up here? I'm seriously curious
>>
>>54532636
Lion won't run on PowerPC, you need Leopard or earlier.
>>
>>54532443
Wish I still had my classic macs, sadly they are all long gone. I even wrote a game in Think Pascal by going back over old API pages from archive.org and various scattered code samples. Fun times.
>>
>>54532648

shut the fuck up speglord
>>
>>54532669
Oh that's what I meant, leopard

as in 10.5.6 install dvd. I have the DMG file but kind of clueless as to how to install it. Don't have any other OSX devices.

I opened the file with 7zip but its a bunch of files I can't read
I converted it to ISO with dmg2iso but it gave me an iso that seems to only have windows files on it for macs
I tried netbooting from the powerbook using the converted iso and it didn't show up
>>
File: atm.png (24 KB, 307x351) Image search: [Google]
atm.png
24 KB, 307x351
>>54532443
I don't collect them. I do use one as my daily driver. Pic related.

Consider trying out TenFourFox as your browser.
>>
>>54532690
suck my dick you retarded troll

gosh, you're so pathetic that I don't even have an insult for you other than "troll"
>>
>>54532773

inhale my anus you fucking FUCK
>>
>>54532746
>TenFourFox
I've tried it, it's very laggy for me, even with the speed tweaks.
>>
>>54532723
You might just have to burn it to a dual-layered DVD.

Perhaps you could "burn" the DMG to a secondary hard drive, then boot from that drive. By "burn", I mean you just mount the DMG (double-click it) and drag all the files over the root of another (freshly formatted) drive.

Ah, the memories of installing System 7 and up via weird ways. I miss classic MacOS sometimes.
>>
>>54532443
I have an old Ibook g3 in the other room
>>
>>54532804
Do you guys have any suggestions as to what OS I should use on it.
>>
>>54532794
That sucks. Did you get the proper version for your G4 processor? Those G4s weren't all that great compared to the G5 heaters.

Also, did you install AdBlock Plus and NoScript? They make browsing the web on these old machines speedy as hell.
>>
>>54532648
/g/ as well as 4chan is full of normalfags. It's no longer the loser corner.
>>
>>54532820
Probably Tiger (10.4). If you don't have a lot of RAM, go for MacOS 9.2.2.
>>
>>54532799
Don't tell him this shit. Lion wont even run on a PowerPC mac.

>>54532820
OS 9, or if it's a faster one, 10.4 Tiger.
>>
>>54532723
TransMac on windows will let you use it in trial mode and write a dmg to a usb. No idea if POWER stuff will boot from usbs, I just have a Core2Duo Mac mini
>>
>>54532834
Yes I downloaded the correct version, I'm not retarded.
>>
>>54532852
Why not tell him? He's already corrected himself about Lion vs Leopard. This shit is fun stuff, man.
>>
>>54532723
If you don't have another mac you might be fucked. You might just want to buy a leopard DVD off of ebay, they are pretty cheap.

>>54532906
Sorry, You're right, I need to chill. To used to this place being a complete shithole.
>>
File: q700.jpg (418 KB, 3264x1629) Image search: [Google]
q700.jpg
418 KB, 3264x1629
>>54532443
I have a pretty reasonable collection, they're rather nice. The old Macintosh System was designed so well that I sometimes forget these things run at 640x480.
>>
>>54532865
Besides, Safari with the upgraded Webkit works good enough for me.
>>
>>54532443
MARATHON FTW (still have to beat those but love the atmosphere)
>>
File: Macs1.jpg (398 KB, 2463x1059) Image search: [Google]
Macs1.jpg
398 KB, 2463x1059
>>54532443
Some pictures of my collection.
One.
>>
>>54532980
I always found Camino to be pretty nice. I just hope JS has stabilized enough that it continues to remain viable.
>>
File: Macs2.jpg (487 KB, 2253x1443) Image search: [Google]
Macs2.jpg
487 KB, 2253x1443
>>54533081
And two.
Not pictured: An iBook G4 that is sitting on my main computer desk.

And yes, that is an eMac that is currently in pieces, I am waiting on a new hard drive for it to arrive.
>>
>>54533106
Addendum: I also have a 17 inch PowerBook G4 that I am waiting on a new audio board for.
>>
i'm the ibookg3 guy from earlier I have linux linux mint ppc installed on mine and its just so slow so i'm trying to go back to osx 10.2 and if thats bad then back to 9. Key issue is that the cd tray will not open any suggestions
>>
>>54533081
What's the middle machine? Looks nice.

>>54533106
Fellow G5 user. Also, which model of G5? Original 2003 model myself.

>>54533194
G3's aren't that great IMO. And I have the same issue with optical drives, they just don't wanna open after so long. Sorry man.
>>
>>54533219
ok i got it open after mashing f12 for a while so its all good. OS X 10.2 here we go.
>>
>>54533194
See if you can find an emergency eject pinhole.
And just stick OS 9 on it, it was made for it anyway.
>>
>>54533236
Guy I got it from said 10.2 was sluggish so I may just stick to 9. Do you know any browsers I can use on 9
>>
>>54533246
Classilla. IE5 for the lulz.
>>
>>54533081
what kind of battery time do you get?
>>
>>54532443
>Mac
nice meme
>>
>>54532443
I have one in the shed, G4 something ... not mirror doors but that same era. Good stuff, wish PearPC worked a little better, sheepshaver and basilisk are OK for the older stuff.
>>
>>54533246
Classilla or iCab, the former is recommended.

No JS support, but nothing 10.2 runs has JS support either.
>>
>>54533340
as if I would ever indulge in non free javascript activitys
>>
Hello, my MBP has been crashing and then struggling to reboot for several months. Here's the short story -- First Aid indicated problems with the partition map may cause problems when booting. I feared an HD problem so I replaced it with a Samsung EVO SSD. Same problem returned, so my new friend at the Genius Bar thought maybe I was reintroducing the issue when I restored my backup. He restored everything using a process of copying files over instead of restoring the backup through Time Machine. It worked great for 3-4 days but then the problem returned. Interestingly, First Aid still randomly indicates issue with partition map, but not as often when in safe mode.

Does anyone have any ideas? Suggestions?
>>
>>54533396
non power pc mac
>>>out>>>
>>
Hi All, happily this isnt my problem, but a lady i know has this problem, she told me of one problem over a cuppa this morning.
My beach ball is continually spinning !!!!!. I gave this some thought and eventually came up with recommending she installed the free version of Malware Antibytes and Scanned her 13" MacBookPro with that. This being the easiest thing i could think of.
I also sent her, via email, the Link and the correct File to install !!!
So Far so good :-)
and then the next problem, she doesnt know her Password !!!!!
So i am now completely out of ANSWERS.
WHAT does the Forum members think i should do ?
I do believe she still has her Lap Tops original OS X "snow leopard" !
So TWO problems for the price of one !!
>>
>>54533443
it's just that retarded tech support copypaste spammer again
don't (You) him
>>
>>54532864
I think you can literally just rename most dmg files to ISO and they'll burn/copy over fine
>>
What made apple so popular outside USA suddenly? I'm a eurocuck and I always thought Apple was about the things that only americans buy.
>>
File: 1460316210660.jpg (167 KB, 501x1200) Image search: [Google]
1460316210660.jpg
167 KB, 501x1200
>>54532443
Fuck off mactoddler.
>>
>>54533496
The Euro market doesn't seem that different anymore, especially now that things are cheaper.
>>
My MacBook Pro13" mid 2009's HDD went 'phut', I replaced the drive and (eventually) installed OS Mavericks. I had no usable back up of my old HDD. I have noticed that I have no copy of iPhoto anymore, is there anything I can do about that? I'm no particular fan of the app but my wife uses it.
>>
>>54533462
After upgrading to El Captian, it keeps starting every 10-15 minutes.

I have tried to shut down the safari plugin, quicktime plugin.....etc. It always will automatically shutdown or logout once 10-15 minutes.

Apart from going back to Yosemite, what can I do?
>>
>>54533286
I made an update on my macbook pro, from IOS to EL CAPITAN, but now is not letting me get more updates, saying "Update Unavailable with This Apple ID". what do i have to do?
>>
>>54533246
So, my Mac froze and when I tried to perform first aid it failed and now I can't recover my hd. I am running the latest El Capitan and backed up to my time capsule so everything is saved to an hour prior to the crash. I took a picture of my screen when I tried to restart but not sure if this will help. What can I do to restore my mac?
>>
File: 1461521331204.png (325 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1461521331204.png
325 KB, 480x480
>tfw your favorite thread is being ruined by people memeing about non powerpc macs
>>
>>54533219
The middle machine is a 1 ghz PowerBook G4 Titanium, the G5 is a single CPU, dual core 2.0 ghz model.
>>
File: 1462910826954.jpg (42 KB, 401x349) Image search: [Google]
1462910826954.jpg
42 KB, 401x349
>>54533746
>>tfw your favorite meme is being ruined by people memeing about non powermeme memes
>>
I got Macbook Pro and it just stops on random tasks.

So i got it replaced with perfect Macbook Pro. However,

it still does.

Is this defect or is it just OS X El Capitan?

Console log doesn't say anything.
>>
>>54533746
Maybe you should go find a hugbox blog to go cry about it on like macrumors where you came from.
>>
File: 1330324566614.jpg (374 KB, 1094x720) Image search: [Google]
1330324566614.jpg
374 KB, 1094x720
>>54533796
Fuck off, /g/ isn't for tech support, also, this thread is for POWER PC macs only.
>>
>>54533862
Someone please help!
My MBP (mid 2009) wont boot up.
I Recently upgraded my laptop to a solid state drive.
I Perfectly cloned in with my old drive using carbon copy cloner.
For the first few days It worked perfectly and it runs on OSX 10.10 Yosemite.
Now when i boot up the macbook in would not boot properly. It would either have the blinking questionmark folder
or the stop sign icon. Or even not even show anything but a white screen. I have tried holding command-R when booting up.
I Have also tried the option key but the only thing that happens is the pointer will show up but no drives will show up.
I have tried putting the osx installation disc and holding C but it still stays on the white screen.
Someone please tend to this MUCH APPRECIATED
>>
File: 1332039930551.jpg (212 KB, 600x561) Image search: [Google]
1332039930551.jpg
212 KB, 600x561
>>54533878
Your SSD probably died, now please piss off.
>>
File: IMG_0949.jpg (198 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0949.jpg
198 KB, 1200x900
>>54533219
Okay so, I recently posted a question that I thought was answered, until I tried to upgrade. Here is the link to the other question I had so you know where I stand right now. https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7555667

Since I was advised to use the internet recovery, I was able to format my hard drive and install a clean version of Mavericks (the OS the mac would install in internet recovery). Since then, I was able to get my Mac to now work properly, after setup and everything. No more panics on start up and everything started to run normally. However, I tried to plug in an external mouse to find out none of my USB hubs are working, AT ALL. I can't even use a thumb drive or anything of the sort, no response. I even checked the system information, and it shows this (picture below).

So then after checking on that, I decided that maybe just upgrading to el capitan will resolve this new found issue. So I went to the store, downloading the official copy of the OS, and began to run the install process. Everything went smooth until it initiated a restart. Once the startup chime came on, the apple logo appeared follow by a progress bar (assuming that was it installing the new OS), but brought me back to this unfortunate event. (pic below). Now, I am unable to proceed to installing El Capitan, and resort to using Time Machine to go back to Mavericks and be stuck where I am. I am not sure what to do now, I have a bad feeling something is acting up in my USB ports, but I have no idea why. Any advice from here on out is much appreciated, if you need more information, please let me know. I just want my mac back...

P.S. Due to the USB error I didn't have anything plugged in during the upgrade installation..
>>
>>54533988
>Mavericks
>Intel mac
>Asking for tech support
GO. AWAY.
>>
>>54533999
Somehow I have managed to make my Macbook Pro 9,1 behave as if its fn key is permanently ON. I have to hold the fn key down to make the keyboard behave normally, which is not a viable solution. I have tried various combinations of fn, control, option and command keys (well, all of them, really), both holding down and just tapping, reset SMC, reset Pram, restored defaults in System Preferences - keyboard. I'm at a loss.

Various Google searches suggest that others have had this problem, but I have not found a solution on line.

The problem arose after I had left the MBP asleep for maybe a week and then couldn't get it to go past the password stage to wake up. Forced power off. Restarted, took forever to get my password to enter (I understand why, now that I have realised the fn key problem) and now I'm searching for an answer.

Any help gratefully received.
>>
>>54533194
I have a 13-inch MacBook Pro, from Aug. 2012. OS X 10.9.5 (13F34)

This has started happening the past few days. When trying to do things like import files into a program or load a website, the application freezes for a moment. It's nothing super awful, but it is annoying and I have no idea what the cause is. I checked for a virus or malware and there doesn't seem to be any.

Suggestions? Thoughts?
>>
>>54532636
I just wanted to ask if there are people around who also still experience UI lags on a Macbook Pro 13" Retina 2015 128GB SSD with El Capitan 10.11.4?

It happens occasionally and drives me nuts. Don't know if it's a hardware/software thing and going to an Apple Store because it sometimes lags when I scroll, switch apps, etc. seems pointless.

I did a NVRAM & SMC reset but it only helped for a few hours. Should I re-install the OS?

I'd really appreciate your help!
>>
>>54532723
My MacBook crashes continuously for about a month now (started while using OS X Lion). My thought was to wait for Mountain Lion, make a clean install (formatting HDD) and then this should be resolved. Well, it didn't work. Still crashing while using more than 3-4 apps at the same time. All updates installed.

I really hope that someone is able to help me here. I already tried to run the Apple Hardware Test, but it's not available on my machine...

My guess it's that this might be a hardware problem, as it happened with Lion before.
>>
>>54533772
The only dual-core PPC Mac was the G5 Quad 2.5 GHz. Did you mean the first-gen single CPU G5?
>>
>>54534347
There is a prompt that refuses to disable on my MacBook Pro. It says "The AirPlay device "name" requires a password." Unfortunately, no matter how many times I hit "cancel," the dialogue box keeps popping up. I never set it up so I don't even know what the password is... in fact, I don't even have AirPlay in my system preferences (I'm pretty sure my Mac is too old for it to be there).

There's nothing I can find online about it. I just upgraded to Mountain Lion about two weeks ago. For the life of me, I can't figure out what's wrong. And now my sound isn't even working (headphones or directly from the speakers) and I think it's because of this prompt. Someone please help.
>>
>>54534347
all the late 2005 G5s were based on the dual-core 970MP, including the quad

>>54533746
>>54533984
>>54533999
stop responding to this buttblasted /v/irgin
>>
>>54534643
i have a brand new macbook pro retina that's just about 2 weeks old and it froze like about 4 times already. 100% of the time, it freezes when i'm watching videos on youtube while on safari. there's literally nothing that i could control. the cursor disappears and even the force touch trackpad won't make a clicking sound like it's locked or something. hotkeys don't work either and i think it's just the power button that's working so i'm just left to press it for several seconds to restart. How can i prevent this? i'm running on El Capitan 10.11.4
>>
>>54532820
OS 9 is always a pretty good choice for a G3, plus you get all the abandonware you want with sites like Macintosh Garden.
>>
>>54534770
>>54532820
Hopefully somebody can help me out. My macbook pro is a 2006 17 inch 2.4 ghz running El Capitain.

Today I shutdown my mac with no signs of anything wrong. Now that I have restarted it, it will no longer log me in with my admin account.

When the login screen comes up, I get two options - to sign in with mine (which is the only made account on my mac) and guest user. I can see my normal background all blurred out (which is normal for the login screen), and I do have the option to login with my password. However, when I do attempt to login with my password, it seems to try to login (the password box goes away and the little spinning circle pops up), the screen goes black for maybe ten seconds or so (seemingly like I'm going to my home screen) and it comes right back to my login screen, showing my account and the guest user account as my two options.

My mac is allowing me to access the user account (though none of my data is on there), and I can login with my admin name and password under the users section of system preferences, so it is recognizing my account to some degree.

I also tried holding shift during its boot to get into a safe boot, and the same stuff happened - I couldn't login with my admin account but could use the guest user.

If anyone could help me out with this, it would be a lifesaver.
>>
>>54534770
Occasionally when I quit Safari on my 13" MacBook Pro with retina display, Safari will cause it to completely freeze up. This issue has been going on for a while now but the last time I researched this issue, nobody else had any information on it. I'm wondering if anyone else is having the same problem and wether or not you have found a cause with a solution. I reformatted the drive and did a clean install of OS X El Capitan just a few months ago but it was still happening occasionally. Along with that issue, a new one has been occurring. Safari will sometimes be unresponsive other than refreshing the page. I'll go to click on a website but it won't respond and I don't get any spinning beach ball. If I open a new tab or refresh the page it will become responsive again.
>>
File: WP_20160511_17_23_40_Pro.jpg (1021 KB, 1840x3264) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160511_17_23_40_Pro.jpg
1021 KB, 1840x3264
Ayy
Tiger runs perfectly on the 550 TiBook, but OS9 Airport wont work at all. I have a dual 450 G4 too along with a scratched to shit last gen CRT studio display.

>>54533106
eMac. I hated mine but now i miss it because its dead. Someday i will turn it into a wacky mini ITX gayming thing.
>>
>>54534643
Hmm, looks like you're correct. I always thought the 970MP was only used in the Quad. My mistake.
>>
also why does one autist spam shitty forum posts every ppc thread?
>>
>>54534894
I seem to keep having issues with my terminal.

The two things I an dealing with right now.

1) When I boot up iTerm2 I get the first line that gives last login, date, time and then "on ttys001"
What is causing this?

2) I am trying to load a simple ruby program that I made for school and when i run the load command (I'm in the right directory) I get -bash: load: command not found"
Why is this happening?
>>
>>54534882
I have many reasons to believe that my ex boyfriend installed a keylogger or spyware on my macbook. I have done a lot of research and cannot find the answers that I am looking for. I have taken a screenshot of my activity monitor in hopes that someone can let me know if anything looks suspicious. It appears fine to me, although I am confidant that I something is installed and being used regularly to snoop and creep my every move on my computer, please help me, any advice would be helpful. As a footnote I have installed macscan and completed a scan and it came up with nothing... I am not being paranoid my ex has basically confirmed my suspicions.
>>
>>54534882
How do you like it so far? I kind of want one, though they aren't my favorite in the looks department.

I somehow put a big chip in the corner of my Lombard shitbook and it's driving me nuts to find a replacement daily driver.

>>54534900
Probably some buttblasted Reddit or /v/ migrant that doesn't like the idea of his gaming PC blog sharing the catalog with a thread with actual discussion about technology.
>>
>>54534958
I have just bought in Feb 2016 a new macbook pro replacing my 2013 one. I now have kernel panic regularly. Below is an example log (I don;t know how to read it). I have tried to follow teh online apple guides to troubleshoot for each step short of dismantling teh computer to check RAM (no idea how to do this). Can anyone identify the cause by reading the log below?

Thanks so much all for your time. Super frustrated as it is 6 weeks old!!
>>
>>54534900
>>54533473
THe beach ball has recently started to appear during normal activities follwed by a total freeze of everything. Problem started after down loading 'Drop Box'. When I can get to 'force quit', nothing responds. I'm forced to shut down with the power button. Never had this problem before.
The local certified techs " rebuilt the OS", then installed maximum RAM and finally installed a new HD, saying probable cause was old HD( after "cloning" the data). Threw out Drop Box, unplugged USB mic interface, even unplugged power.Problem persists during normal use. Please help! Thanks!
>>
>>54534981
>>54535007
Lame. Thanks for the bump though.
>>
File: Impossible.png (739 KB, 1152x768) Image search: [Google]
Impossible.png
739 KB, 1152x768
>>54534958
I really only bought it because i wanted a copy of leopard to fuck around with (who installs leopard on a 550 with 512mb of ram is something i will never know) but its fun to mess with old games and such. Its a really solid feeling laptop though.
>>
>>54534958

13" MCB PRO RETINA MID 2014, KEYBOARD AND TRACKPAD NOR RESPONDING, EXTERNAL VIA USB OK, HAVE TRIED MOST RESETS AS PER INTERNET ANSWERS CHANGED THE BATTERY AND TRACKPAD RIBBON STILL NOTHING GETTING FRUSTRATED, USING EL CAPITAN WHICH HAS BEEN REINSTALLED

MacBook Pro with Retina display, iOS 8.3
>>
>>54535027
I just started to use a MacBook and it's trackpad.
I have a PC (laptop) where I can double tap on window header and drag it (for example).
The problem here is that I enabled tapping with one finger and disabled Drag Lock. But when I double tap to drag a window, then release my finger (I dragged a window, I want to move cursor to other object) and immediately put the finger back on the trackpad's surface, the window is still locked to my cursor! I need to lift up my finger and wait for some time before putting it back, only then the window will be unlocked. When I just click and drag, nothing like this happens.
Is it a way to disable that extra locking time after dragging?
>>
>>54535024
How can I tell if the drive is dead or just corrupt? How can I access files on my drive before erasing everything? I would like to get 2 files off of this drive before restoring my backup - these files were not backed up. My internal hard drive is completely full. Should I use an external drive for backup (it sounds like I would have to do a full backup of the whole 250), then wipe out the internal drive and recover from the new backup? I would have to buy an external 250 drive to do this but not sure how to tell if this is a viable option with this drive. I do have a time machine backup from a month ago on an external drive.

I am using Internet Recovery (command + R) to access the OS X Utilities.

When I select Reinstall OS X there are not any disk listed to select.

When I run Disk Utility the drive itself is titled "Hitachi Internal Drive" but the volume is untitled. When I run First Aid on "Hitachi Internal Drive" in Disk Utility I receive this error "Problems were found with the partition map which might prevent booting" and it says "operation successful". The SMART status is: verified.

First Aid on the untitled volume shows
Mount Point: Not mounted Type SATA Internal Physical Volume
Capacity 249.2 Avail: 0
Used 249.2 Owners: Disabled
Device disk0s2 Connection: SATA
Other information: Writeable - NO; Can Be Verified: NO

When I run First Aid on OS X Base System returns "OK"

I have a MacBook Pro - 2010 running El Capitan (upgraded in late Feb) with Hitachi internal drive 250 that is full to capacity.
>>
>>54534958
Nope, it's /g/'s resident dellshill from DTS Consulting. Their main goal is to get Apple threads banned from /g/ in the hope that people will talk about the XPS13/15 instead.
>>
File: iMac G4.png (1 MB, 1024x1256) Image search: [Google]
iMac G4.png
1 MB, 1024x1256
I have an iMac G4 (iMac4,2 800MHz) that I want to reinstall OSX 10.4.
I don't have a 10.4 install disc/set, but the machine does boot from a few other OSX CD's I have.
I can't get it to boot from any of the CD/DVD's I've burned with 10.4 PowerPC installers, and I don't have a firewire machine to boot in target disk mode.

Is there anything else I can try?
>>
>>54535066
Hi, I've gotten a 15-inch, Mid-2009, 2.53-GHz Core 2 Duo, 8-GB RAM MacBook Pro with a 320-GB standard HD and OS X El Capitan 10.11.4 that has issues in waking up from the screen saver.

System is set to automatically start the screen saver and lock itself up (require a password) after 3 minutes of inactivity (FileVault 2 is enabled).

However, when trying to wake up from sleep (screen shuts down after 5 minutes), if I click with the mouse or type anything with the keyboard, I get the spinning ball that lasts forever. I don't even get the "Type your password" box with my username.

So, I have to hold down the Power button, shut down the MBP, and reboot. Till next time!

How do I get around this?
>>
>>54535066
>Get thread banned
>people will magically talk about something entirely different
This isnt how things work... This entire idea confuses me.
>>
>>54535097
If i want to scan more than one page, and I mark the box to do that, on my multifunction printer samsung CLX 3305 W, the application does not work. The following problems can happen:
the scanner app close
the dialog box that ask if I want to scan more pages is corrupted and it is not possible to proceed
it is not possible to exit from the application and it is necessary to reset the Mac Book
No problem encountered with the previous OS X release. Please help!!!!
>>
>>54532443
>Duke Nukem
>>
>>54535066
my macbook pro is havingsome problem with starting. its comes flashing folder wih question mark.. what do i do?
>>
>>54535043
>>54535116
>>
>>54535097
Keep burning from other machines.
OSX Boot disks are rather fucky.
You could always try getting it to netboot.
>>
>>54535114
Get rid of the competition, spam the fuck out of the thing that isn't banned. Shill success!
The same guy was also spamming thinkpad support forum posts as well in the other mac thread.
>>
>>54535156

Alright, so I have a 2012 Macbook Pro 13" with all the standard specs. For a while now my computer has been severely overheating. I downloaded the FanControl app and tried to adjust the fan but that doesn't seem to work and it never reads what the fan is putting out... The temperatures reach 90C and will start to freeze my computer. Most of this occurs when I am watching Netflix. I do understand that the Silverlight is a big part of this, however it doesn't even seem like my fan is working. I'm not sure if I am having a fan problem or what.
>>
>>54535027
>4.30 GHz PowerPC G4

Anyway, all the sources I've read on G4s say it's pretty suffering with less than 768 MB for some reason. Tiger's a fine system though, I've never noticed much of a difference from Leopard for daily use and I think the aesthetic of it fits with older systems better.

>>54535066
Is that actually confirmed? I mean, I can still believe it either way. Dell shilling is just garbage.

>>54535097
For my 800 I had to just give up and burn the images with a Power Mac G5 I keep around for that kind of stuff.

You could try using a DD burner like Nero or something on it, I think I've produced reliable 10.4 media from a PC before.

>>54535114
Less tech discussion = more space for "Dell won." threads, I guess.

I was actually considering getting an XPS 13 for my mother too, I guess I'll buy something else instead.
>>
>>54532957
>One
>Button
>Mouse
>>
>>54535169
i'm using MacBook Pro, which I bought in the year of 2013.
THe problem i'm facing now is, after I login my password, the MacBook kept restart and failed to enter my desktop page.
Anyone able to provide your valuable expertise?
THank you!!!
>>
>>54535160
SMCFanControll?
Also 2012 Pro's are notoriously shit at cooling. Replace the thermal paste, but other than that just deal with it.
>>
>>54532443
Take your macshit shill thread and fuck off.
>>
>>54535169
Dell increased their marketing budget lately. But their shit looks extremely dodgy.
Look up "XPS 13 vs. MBP" on google and you'll get a dozen reviews that are similar to "How the XPS 13 replaced my Retina MacBook Pro" even when the authors of those reviews didn't even use a Macbook in the first place.
>>
>>54535169
>aesthetic of it fits with older systems better
kek, my 14 year old self didnt think that. My G4 tower has tiger, themed to look like leopard as its main install.

Tiger seems to run really nice on 512mb of ram, at least in my case.
>>
I Have a 2011 Macbook Pro. A few months ago it started to randomly shut down and things progressively got worse. Doing first aid on disk utility initially worked but it was only a temporary fix. Eventually i thought it was kaput.

As suggested by Apple I got a new bracket and also changed my hard drive. Although initially buggy it was successful, my MacBook worked fine and I upgraded to the latest OS. However, now the previous problems have come back. It freezes 1/4 through start up, and even disk utility can't help the problem. I can't start up my Mac now. The screen goes weird with distorted colour and yellow outline around the apple logo.

Please help!!!
>>
I am experiencing some dramatic problems with my MacBook Pro retina 15" mid 2012. I keep getting a "your computer has been restarted because of a problem" error everyday for no obvious reason. Sometimes when I turn it on it seems to be not reacting, but I can switch CAPS LOCK on and off and turn the keyboard backlit on, so the CPU is functioning bit the display doesn't.

I am saving the error reports to the files and was trying to find an email support from Apple or something, but there seems to be none.

Feeling almost desperate, please help!
>>
My MacBook Pro is now just under two weeks old. Within the first few days of using it, the cursor disappeared and the trackpad was completely unresponsive. The only way to get it working again was to turn it off as it didn't respond to keyboard commands either. I called support, who I must say were not very helpful, an left me frustrated. The first person I spoke to seemed very green -- not a vote of confidence!

Fast forward about 8 days later. Same exact thing. Called support and through his instruction, tried to boot into safe mode, but no go. It went immediate from the apple to the login page. To top it off, the support person was extremely rude. It has been a long time since I dealt with Apple support, and these experiences were much different than I remember. I will be contacting the corporate office to complain but for right now, my question is what to do? This is a NEW computer so in my view, this should probably not be happening at all, but I wonder if this is a common issue, and if there is a fix!

My old MacBook Pro got too draggy and the processor was too outdated to handle all the innovation that's occurred in the last seven years, but boy, I loved that computer! I have to deal with this issue, of course -- either fixing or exchanging this as a dud -- but in general, do the new MacBook Pros suck?
>>
Where do mactard morons get the false impression that their blogshit cancer corporate circlejerking is welcome on any tech site?

Fuck off.
>>>/r/eddit
>>
>>54535169
>DD burner like Nero
I tried with PowerISO, the discs read from OSX, but didn't boot.

>>54535156
I'm trying to burn it with a MacBook retina + external DVD writer now. If that fails I guess I'll have to find someone with another PPC mac.
>>
>>54535296
>110 / 13 / 22 / 1
>110
>22

We've been had!
Back to the basements!
>>
>>54535303
I currently have a Mid 2014, 13-inch MBP Retina with 16GB of RAM, 2.6 GHz Intel Core i5 with a bunch of storage. This is my work computer and when I'm not traveling, I plug it into my Apple Thunderbolt display I bought Jan. 2014. For no reason I can identify, when plugged into the display, my MBP restarts.
It never restarts when not plugged into the display
It is a hard restart, not the laptop going to sleep or anything caused by a power issue
The display has it's own power source, not plugged into a strip or anything
The computer can have a bunch of applications open, or none at all, and the issue will persist
It can be just powered on from a cold start, or have been in use for a while
I've booted up the computer in safe mode and done a disc recovery
Thunderbolt seems up to date, MBP is running on latest version of El Capitan (10.11.4 at the time of this post)
All peripherals associated to this machine are made by Apple, via bluetooth
WiFi can be on or off

Wondering if perhaps anyone else has had a similar experience. I reached out to Apple Support, and they suggested I go to a Genius Bar. Trying to avoid lugging this display to the store and trying to replicate the issue with no avail. I really have no idea what is causing this. Can anyone help?
>>
>>54535296
>Where do linuxfag morons get the false impression that their blogshit cancer corporate circlejerking is welcome on any tech site?

This thread is devoted to PPC macs, which are fast becoming retro. It just so happens that the friendly people in th thread don't mind a bit of tech support for newer Macs as well.
>>
>>54535328
i got the early 2015 macbook pro retina for about 3 weeks now and ever since around the 1st week onwards, it started to freeze/crash very frequently (once every other day at first, but now seems to be once a day)

force touch trackpad stops working anymore meaning it doesn't make the clicking vibration
keyboard/hotkeys won't work either like Command-Option-Esc to force quit, etc.
cursor can't be moved as well.
also, i don't really encounter the loading rainbow wheel. everything on the screen freezes.

the only thing i'm left to do is to force reboot which is to hold the power button for like several seconds and then i turn it back on.

other than taking it to the apple store, what else could i do? i actually just bought this online (and not from the official apple website) and i'm running on El Capitan 10.11.4 (it was 10.11.1 when i got it and i just updated but i'm not entirely sure if it also froze when i used the 10.11.1 version). i thought it only freezes when i'm on safari so i downloaded chrome, but it still froze while i used that browser. most of the time it freezes when i'm watching youtube videos or facebook (but then again i can't conclude anything since that's basically all that i do with this macbook)
>>
>>54535328
Just goes to show how heavy macshilling is on /g/.

Now fuck off
>>>/r/eddit
>>
File: SCREENSHT 1.png (471 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
SCREENSHT 1.png
471 KB, 1280x1024
>>54535222
Screenshot for shame. I did this shit by hand too. (Used to be the dock and all the icons, but i have since reverted that.)
>>
>>54535337
>>54535349

My 2012 MacBook Pro is really acting up, and has become extremely difficult to use. It has numerous problems with it, so I'll list them off:

1. When I try to click on something (as in the usual, left-click), the computer right clicks. But not all the time. If I push the very very bottom left part of the trackpad it still recognizes my click as a left-click, most of the time. Sometimes it doesn't even recognize my click at all.

2. Sometimes the mouse moves randomly, and doesn't respond to my movements when I try to correct its movements, or shows a very delayed response.

3. Pages zoom in to a ridiculous extent, randomly, for no apparent reason. I'll be reading some texting, and all of a sudden it zooms in like 500%. I try zooming out, only to find that the page says it's only at 100% zoom, despite clearly being extremely zoomed in. Sometimes it also zooms back out, or alternates randomly between zooming in and zooming out. I noticed that this is sometimes correlated with my use of the up and down arrows on my keyboard.

4. The reason I have to use the up and down arrows on my keyboard is because 70-80% of the time, I can't scroll using two fingers on the trackpad as I should be able to.

5. My mac switches randomly between different displays (not sure if displays is the right word). For example, I'll be Chrome or Safari or whatever and then all of a sudden it switches to launchpad. And then it also switches randomly to that screen with the grey background that shows a clock and a calculator and some other things on it. Sometimes it switches back, sometimes it doesn't. Often times, just moving my mouse causes it to switch between screens like this. Sometimes it gets stuck in between two screens (like, it will show the screen that is up when I'm using chrome, but partially faded/blended into the launchpad screen) and then it wont respond to anything I do unless I restart the computer.
>>
>>54535177
Well, it was the norm for desktop systems back then. None of my Windows or OS/2 boxes really take advantage of the second button. I think my IRIX gear does though.

>>54535221
That's some shit, it does seem like it's ramped up again lately.

>>54535196
>>54535273
>>54535296
>>54535345
Looks like they're on to us and trying to liven things up a little.

Don't you think there are better places to shill your shitty BezelBooks than a thread full of people who haven't paid over $50 for any of the hardware they're posting about?

>>54535303
That's just weird.
>>
>>54535369
>Looks like they're on to us and trying to liven things up a little.

Its just copa and pasted from forums that deal with mac issues, because it just werks
>>
>>54535366
Each of those sounds like moisture got into your trackpad. Replace it, or go over it with a heat gun until it works well again.
>>
>>54535420
This problem started yesterday. I use an Imac and a macbook pro, and I was using my laptop when the trackpad stopped working. It was responding but the cursor was moving slowly. I decided to use my mouse and everything was fine. I thought it was just a little problem and I could figure it out later if it continued to not work. This morning I opened up my laptop and it was fine for a little bit, then the cursor went crazy. It was like my cursor was just running around and doing random gestures, opening random things. My applications were fine, but the cursor was just going around and opening them. It was very random, so I didn't think anyone was controlling my computer.

I did have control of my cursor but it wasn't completely responding. I tried shutting it down, putting it to sleep, etc. Nothing worked. I then decided to just turn it off for an hour and when I reopened it, it was fine. After a few minutes it went crazy again. I think my battery might be swollen, I don't know. Apple decided to use the smalled screws in the world so I can't open the back off, can anyone please tell me what's going on? I'm taking it to the apple store tomorrow but I want to figure out what's wrong first.

It's a MacBook Pro 13 inch
I've had it for about 2 1/2 years
>>
>>54535405
>/v/irgin reading comprehension
>>54535420
>replying to shillspam
>>
>>54535303
>I'm trying to burn it with a MacBook retina + external DVD writer now. If that fails I guess I'll have to find someone with another PPC mac.
Burn as slow as you can.
>>
>>54535438
>cry more bitch
>>
>>54535438
On my Macbook Pro 15" Non-Retina 2012 I've been having some strange WiFi issues over the last couple of days.

The WiFi turned off and wouldn't turn back on after sleep. When I removed it from the Networks list it said there was no WiFi hardware installed.

Booting into the startup options shows the WiFi card is still working (although not every time) and when it successfully connects there it boots into the system with WiFi working again however this lasts for less than a minute before WiFi disables and won't turn on again.

Clearly the WiFi card is working as it shows the networks in the startup options and sometimes connects.

Anyone able to suggest something I can try?
>>
Oh shit, a PowerPC thread.

I picked up a G5 Quad a while ago, and I'm trying to dualboot Leopard and Ubuntu MATE 16.04 on it. Both installations go perfectly, but as soon as I restart and get to yaboot, it just goes to a gray screen after loading the second stage bootloader, no matter what option I try. I've had no video problems installing both OSes, so yaboot must be fucked somewhere, especially since I can get into Leopard via holding Alt and using that boot menu. I also figured out USB booting on the G5 if anyone's interested; it's how I got 16.04 to install without I/O errors.

Any ideas? I've been mucking about yaboot for a few days straight now, and nothing has worked at all. Google is completely devoid of any assistance.
>>
>>54535156
Burning from OSX didn't work. It's a crying shame the Combo drive in the G4 is read only..

I'm not familiar with any way of netbooting to the installer images. I've done it with modern machines, but that was booting into a system imaged from a fully installed OS.
>>
>>54535487
I've been using my mac for 4 years now (since Feb 2012) and it is 13-inch Mac pro (late 2011 model)
I've updated my mac to El Capitan last month and I had no problem with it until last week..
My internet works fine until it suddenly says there is no internet connection :/
When I try to reconnect wifi, I don't get the list of possible wifi but just an option to turn it off
Screen Shot 2016-05-01 at 1.19.42 AM.png
I have tried going into the settings and turning it back on but when I click the "Turn On" button nothing happens.
The only way I can get it to work again is to restart my laptop.. but this fix only lasts few minutes
Why is this happening? Is it a software error? I really want to get it fixed.. It's really annoying!
>>
>>54535487
>G5 Quad
NUCLEAR FUSION IN PROGRESS
>>
>>54535487
Have you tried any other distros to see if the same thing happens?

This is a little over my head, but I'm curious about dualbooting myself.
>>
>>54535499
Easiest way might just be buying a beat to shit powerbook with a fresh install and a firewire cable.
>>
>>54535509
>>54535516

I have many reasons to believe that my ex boyfriend installed a keylogger or spyware on my macbook. I have done a lot of research and cannot find the answers that I am looking for. I have taken a screenshot of my activity monitor in hopes that someone can let me know if anything looks suspicious. It appears fine to me, although I am confidant that I something is installed and being used regularly to snoop and creep my every move on my computer, please help me, any advice would be helpful. As a footnote I have installed macscan and completed a scan and it came up with nothing... I am not being paranoid my ex has basically confirmed my suspicions.
>>
>>54535529
I hate living in New Zealand sometimes...
The country is nice, but the availability of technology is just abysmal.
>>
>>54535516
Does the same thing on Debian 8.4. It was the first distro I tried before finding out a decent version of Ubuntu was on PPC. Any incarnation of yaboot just throws the gray screen.
>>
>>54535448
THIS

Burn it at the slowest speed possible for the highest compatibility.
>>
>>54535554
>>54535558

Is 18662066587 a valid apple support number? My boyfriend accidentally called, and the agent was able to access my laptop and move stuff around. I'm kind of worried.
>>
>>54532746
Why do you use that as your main system?
>>
>>54535558
Damn.
I wish I could be of more use, a G5 Quad dual-booted with OS X and GNU/Linux would be the shit.
>>
File: cook egg macbook.jpg (24 KB, 472x292) Image search: [Google]
cook egg macbook.jpg
24 KB, 472x292
>>54535572
>>54535448
this desu senpai

you can make breakfast at the same time too
>>
>>54535600
Why not?
G5s are a bit of a space heater but they're still very capable systems for most use cases.
>>
>>54535600
I had a ransomware pop up on chrome. How do I make it go away? It's on my boyfriends macbook, I had a ransomware pop up on chrome. How do I make it go away? It's on my boyfriends macbook
>>
>>54535610
kek, i should see if my TiBook can make toast. The charging port side does get hella hot.
>>
I got a PowerMac G4 MDD dual-CPU model almost 5 years ago. It' s always run like trash, and sounds like a god damn jet engine.

I need to finally get rid of it.
>>
>>54535619
My ex boyfriend stole my computer after he wrecked it (he still uses it connected with another monitor) however, my outlook and itunes accounts are still authorized on it. Any help? How do I make sure he does not have access to anything? I have already changed my passwords and such.

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4
>>
>>54532443
I don't understand why you wouldn't just install PPC Linux because Apple doesn't make software for PPC and neither does anyone else.
>>
>>54535634
If i wasnt poor af rn i would pay shipping for it.
>>
>>54535601
The livecd runs flawlessly too, which is a shame. So close, yet so far.

My next idea is to pull the hard drive, stick in a new one, and install only Ubuntu and see if the bootloader takes. If it does, I'll just run a 2 HDD system and alternate.
>>
>>54535634
>>54535601
my boyfriend purchased the new operating system for the mac book pro it was send to his email but we cant figure out how to get it and download it from the email
>>
>>54535650
Boyfriend Who's a Secret Hacker? How do I know?? Please Help!
I started dating this dude who works in IT and, over a week ago, came into my bedroom to find him on my computer, with his very-thick USB-like cord plugged into my computer. He'd told me weeks before that he can use that to hack into computers, so of course I felt a little uneasy and questioned him - he then said he'd wanted to show me something on it (Linux??). Strangely, he ended up never showing it to me. Since then, my computer has been acting a little funny - nothing too too fishy, but definitely taking longer to power down, and when I go into my console log, there seems to be weird commands (although I know NOTHING about this stuff so all looks weird) about remote USBs and and what really got me curious is that, when out this afternoon, it looks like my computer woke itself up and there was activity on my computer.
>>
>>54535651
This happened to me a little while ago today for the first time. The number to call was 6473604454. I called bc although suspicious, I was curious. Here's what followed: I got some guy on the phone with an Indian accent who could hardly understand. I asked him first when he answered spewing something like " Thank you for contacting bla ?? blah blah... security for BLA BLA ( indiscernible). Immediately I responded asking "Security for WHO or WHAT exactly??". He repeated the the indiscernible Bla Bla Blaa from the first time, but I couldn't make it out that time either. I did hear him mention it was Mac or PC, so I said; "Hi, I'm calling bc i received a security warning on my computer screen telling me not to turn off my computer bc of a virus & to call this number. What do you know about that? Do you work for Apple? " . He asked me what it said, then he said ok that he's going to help me. He asked me immediately if I'm calling about a PC or MAC & how many users access the device. The next thing he said is that he wanted to fix the problem but would need to connect his server to my computer remotely, was this OK...

That was the end of the call bc I hung up on him. I will say that before any of this, when the message appeared, all my open windows including the page I had been on were frozen & my options were greyed out. I IMMEDIATELY took a screen shot of the pop up warning scam & force quit my browser. This was Safari btw..

A number called me back immediately which I did not answer, but I'm assuming it's related. 9255243356

Hopefully this information will help other potential scam victims avoid getting it stuck to them. NEVER let strangers who you cannot verify 100% connect to your device.

Maybe you can WARN YOUR CUSTOMERS!!!! APPLE???
>>
>>54532443
Yes, the earlier Powerbooks had the finest keyboard action ever put into a laptop.
>>
>>54535650
Definitely wouldn't ever go through the trouble of packing and shipping it. I'll probably ask some local computer shop if they'll take it off me.
>>
>>54535706
>>54535717
GUYS, HAVE U EVER IN THIS SITUATION

On 13th Feb, my Macpro retina was working absolutely fine and then it suddenly SHUT DOWN after I click on the trash icon. When I came to Apple Store in Bullring in Birmingham, they said I had to leave my Macbook there as they afraid something wrong with the HD (I tried to reboot but no HD shown up). Then after few days, they called me and said this; " YOUR HD HAS BEEN BROKEN INTO 2 PIECES and if u want to fix it u will have to pay £500 to replace it. I came to the store immediately, they shown me the picutres, IT WAS SNAPPED INTO 2 FREAKING PIECES ! I said there was no way I was stupid to break it because I havent backup all my files, I lost all the pictures along with my Uni works. Long story short, I took my baby home and called the customer service. They said it was the first time they have heard sth like that. And told me to go to the store to check again.
>>
>>54535739
The backstore manager was ******* rude, he raised his voice everytime he was talking to me. However, the problem is because my boyfriend has his Macbook fixed before in store but with no copy of authorisation and they accused him of violating the warranty and made up evidence that HE WENT TO THE STORE, ******* OPEN HIS MACBOOK AND POINTED THAT HE HAS CHANGED THE HD WITH THE THIRD PARTY HD ??? THEREFORE, THEY ACCUSED HIM OF SWAPPING MY HD WITH HIS. But when we proved to them the HD of both macbooks are the ORIGINAL one, the manager's voice was down and he tried to smile but in the end, NOTHING HAS BEEN SOLVED. I called the customer service again, they told me "WE THINK YOUR BOYFRIEND HAS SHOWN UP WITH THE 3rd PARTY HD AND THEN PUT IT BACK AND IT MIGHT BE THE SAME CASE WITH YOUR MACBOOK", I told him " ARE YOU CALLING ME A LIAR, WHY DID YOU MERGE THE CASES TOGETHER LIKE THAT", they say they have evidence but when I asked for evidence they keep saying they could not show me. THE MOST IMPORTANT PART IS MY MACBOOK WAS OPENED FOR THE FIRST TIME AND MY HD WAS BROKEN !!! I told them WHY THEY CAN'T IDENTIFY IF IT WAS OPENED FOR THE FIRST TIME, THEY KEEP AVOIDING TO ASNWER MY QUESTION !!!!! Now my macbook was there, ******* die and I can't blame anyone for it ??? I'm not STUPID and cheap to do that trick just to have it FREE FIX !!!! I JUST HAVE IT FOR 6 months and now I have to pay have of the price of my baby just because someone broke my HD ??? Please HELP !!! I'm so desperate I'm innocent but all the evidence they have I think they can make up and I can't access to any evidence they have !
>>
File: 1463048490045.gif (3 MB, 640x266) Image search: [Google]
1463048490045.gif
3 MB, 640x266
>>54535739
>YOUR HD HAS BEEN BROKEN INTO 2 PIECES
>>
I was using my macbook today and all of a sudden the colour wheel of death appeared and didn't go away. I did a forced shutdown and on start up I got a flashing folder icon. I followed instructions found online but nothing worked. Is my hard drive fried?

The device is from 2008, and 5 months ago my boyfriend installed a new battery and more RAM. It's been working perfectly ever since, until today.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X 9.3.1
>>
>>54535706
>not the MSI GT80
>>
>applel shills spamming their cancerous macshit blog threads
>get spammed back

TOPKEK
>>
>>54535649
GNU/Linux support is generally garbage on proprietary platforms unless the manufacturer maintains it.

And there's really no reason to use a PPC box in the first place if all you want to do is mindlessly consume internet content (you can do this on OS X/OS 9 anyway since TFF and Clasilla are still very much alive) and run the same FSF clones of ancient Windows software you run on your newer hardware. There's really nothing I can see running Debian or Ubuntu on your system really bringing to the table practicality-wise unless you're interested in PowerPC development or server use for people too lazy to operate a compiler.
>>
>>54535804
Why does facetime disconnect after 19 minutes on my mac?

I use face time on my mac. I call my boyfriend on his Iphone and consistently it disconnects after 19minutes! What is going on! Please help...

MacBook Pro
>>
>>54535786
>>54535767
>>54535792
My MacBook went to sleep one night and when I woke it up the next day all my preferences were gone. Every application I opened acted like it was the first time I had ever opened it. The dock was back to the default stuff that comes already in it. All bookmarks/preferences in Safari and Firefox - reset. No files in iPhoto. No entries in Address Book. All my Delicious Library entries were gone.

But all my files were completely fine. I didn't lose any of that. iPhoto and iTunes were cleaned out, but the pictures and music were still on there (just not in the program). All my applications were still there as well.

Oh, it also cleaned out my keychains. And it didn't do any of this for the other account on the computer - just mine!

Any idea what the heck happened and/or how I can get any of it back?!! I spent many hours last week importing all my pictures into iPhoto and scanning 500 movies into DL And of course I didn't have any of my 40+ bookmarks backed up or anything..grr

MacBook Pro Mac OS X (10.4.8)
>>
>>54535792
>>54535816
How much do the mods make from ignoring your spam anyway? I bet Dell pays out an awful lot.
>>
>>54535600
Because it works and its better than Windows (I have a PC with an SSD and Win7 and a HDD with Win10 but I just don't give a crap about either OS or the architecture). I have all the tools I need to get stuff done with the G5. Really, the BSD underneath the Mac UI is great.

If Apple had gone to something besides x86/AMD64 I would have followed them. But even so, I would have dropped them after Mavericks. Way to join the flat themers, Apple.
>>
File: rack.jpg (306 KB, 797x1200) Image search: [Google]
rack.jpg
306 KB, 797x1200
I'm always late to the party.
>>
>>54535831
I am a brand new Mac user... I've only had my MacBook Pro 13" for three days. My Mac has been continuously freezing while I use it. When it freezes I only have safari running so I know its not from application "overload". Once frozen, I cannot move the mouse, "esc" or use any commands. Essentially my only option is to force it to shut down by holding the power buttong down. Please let me know if anyone has any idea how to fix this! With school coming up I cannot afford for my computer to be freezing every 20 minutes!

Thanks in advance.
>>
>>54535804
Debian based firewall. There's no NSA inside on the PowerPC platforms.
>>
>>54535849
>>54535855
my macbook pro won't charged. I've tried two mac chargers and neither of them work..but they both work on my boyfriends mac, which is the same computer
>>
>>54535855
That we know of (there probably isn't). I really hope they just don't care about non-x86 platforms.
>>
>>54535831
I feel sorry for the poor worker, he's at it 18 hours a day, every single day.
>>
>>54535869
I just bought a new MacBook Pro and logged into my iTunes account on it. Since I do not sync my contacts with my iCloud I wasn't expecting any contacts to pop up on my laptop when I logged into my account, but some did. However, they are not my contacts. I recognize them as contacts from my boyfriend's phone and my mom's phone. I am confused as to why these contacts would be synced to my computer as neither my mother or girlfriend is on my account. Also, not all of their contacts have been synced, only some random ones. Could this have happened because they have logged into my account on their phones before or is there another explanation?
>>
>>54535849
Do you ever use your Xserves for anything?
I kind of want to pick one up since Webrender.py only runs on OS X for some reason. At least last I checked.

>>54535855
Yeah, I guess I didn't think of that aspect of it.

For desktop use though, I still don't think I'd really choose GNU/Linux unless I was planning on using it for development or security reasons.

>>54535869
I doubt it. Intel and AMD can at least play it off as a feature for enterprise fleet box management, Apple rarely sold anything in fleets to anyone but the education market, and I don't think the 970FX/970MP was ever used in any "real" enterprise hardware except for a couple odd-ball IBM intellistations.
>>
>>54535935
I have an used 15" MacBook Pro (early 2013; Retina; 2.4 Ghz Intel Core
i7; 16 GB of RAM 1600 MHz DDR3; NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1 GB of VRAM; 250
GB SSD; Mac OS X v10.10.5 [Yosemite] with all updates) that is freezing
up once in a while (e.g., once a month). I couldn't find a way to get
out of it except to do a hard reboot with holding down the power button
for about five seconds.

I had another incident about a hour ago and had free time to explore it
due to a slow evening PDT. I managed to get out of it back to normal
state. Mac OS X partially still worked like its mouse cursor and
keyboard. It appears the screen movements were mostly broken. I heard
sound effects during this freeze, so something was still running. I was
able to call up the force quit pop-up with the hotkeys
(alt/option+command+esc). I could force quit all of them including
Finder (restart though). However, none of them fixed the partial freeze
as shown in my copied and pasted (could screen capture too!) screen
shot: http://i.imgur.com/S1hV2Cn.gif ...

On another Internet-connected device, I did some quick Googlings for hot
keys. I found some keys do launch stuff like F8 key that launched my
iTunes. I also checked Console and Terminal's dmesg. I couldn't find
anything obvious, but there were just too much datas even if I narrowed
down the times.

Pressing the keyboard's power button for 1.5 seconds and prompted me
what to do. I told it to sleep. It went to sleep. And then, I woke it up
again with the same power button. I got to its log in screen and logged
in. And look, things came back to normal without the frozen screen
earlier. Since I already force quitted my apps, I didn't know how stable
it was. I did relaunch everything and type this post which seemed OK? I
will have to retry this sleep prompt and wake up manually again the next
time it happens again. FYI, I haven't seen the kernel panic issues since
last summer but then it hasn't been hot lately. :/
>>
File: 1461373282353.jpg (40 KB, 526x394) Image search: [Google]
1461373282353.jpg
40 KB, 526x394
>>54535792
Yeah, those Apple shills shilling a specific era of Macs that completely ceased production a decade ago and now have to be bought from middle aged moms through Craigslist.

How can they get away with this?
>>
>>54535786
>MSI
>literal chink trash
Are you serial nigga?
>>
>>54535896
>>54535935
I Have a 2011 Macbook Pro. A few months ago it started to randomly shut down and things progressively got worse. Doing first aid on disk utility initially worked but it was only a temporary fix. Eventually i thought it was kaput.

As suggested by Apple I got a new bracket and also changed my hard drive. Although initially buggy it was successful, my MacBook worked fine and I upgraded to the latest OS. However, now the previous problems have come back. It freezes 1/4 through start up, and even disk utility can't help the problem. I can't start up my Mac now. The screen goes weird with distorted colour and yellow outline around the apple logo.

Please help!!!
>>
>>54535954
I have had my 15" MacBook Pro since october 2015 and i've always been impressed with how quietly in runs in most situations but in the past month or so if the cpu reaches anything beyond 15% usage the temperature seems to reach very hot (up to 100C) and the fans ramp up to beyond 6000rpm. I had only seen this when doing heavy editing in premiere where the CPU would be using almost all it's power, up to 90% or so, otherwise I never even heard the fans watching videos or editing pictures but now if I run anything that causes the cpu to exceed 85% idle the fans get infuriatingly loud and the temperatures stay at 80 - 90C (100C before the fans kick in)

I have the dedicated GPU model (Radeon R9 M370X) running El Capitan and I have tried doing an smc reset to no avail.

If someone knows how to fix my problem it would be a godsend because the fans are driving me mad. normal web surfing and even watching mp4s on my system, the fans are at a steady 2000-3000rpm and i can't hear them but internet videos, gaming etc cause the fans to go to 6000rpm. there's no inbetween between silence and jet taking off!
>>
SAVE US BASED SCATMAN
>>
>>54535896
How come when I shitpost like this I get banned, but this retard is in literally every thread that mentions Apple at once, all day?

I'm pretty sure the mods are the ones doing the daily bait, spamposts, and obvious advertising threads.
>>
>>54535970
It uses Cherry MX reds.
>>
>>54535995
Wow, gee whiz.

It also looks like it was designed by a 15 year old gaymer.
>>
>>54536013
You can't deny the keyboard action though.
>>
>>54535991
Mid 2012 MacBook Pro shuts down after roughly 4 hours of inactivity while on charger. It never turns off when on battery, only when connected to the power adapter. On startup after the shutdown, it will sometimes take 5+ minutes to boot completely, cycling through the log in screen where I can't move the cursor or type anything, to a black screen, and finally back to the log in screen where I can finally log in.
>>
>>54535991
the mods are paid to ignore it or perpetrate it probably

j-list and breitbart can't be the only things keeping this site afloat
>>
File: Best Keyboard Ever.jpg (76 KB, 1000x312) Image search: [Google]
Best Keyboard Ever.jpg
76 KB, 1000x312
>>54536023
Yes I can, I like Alps.
>>
>>54536034
>tfw rule 10 can be bought
>>
>>54535991
>make shitposting cancer thread
>wonder why mods let it rot
lmao@urlyfe
>>
>>54536039
>laptop keyboard
>>
>>54536034
Four times in the last two weeks, my MacBook has spontaneously completely stopped working. The mouse cursor disappears, the keyboard becomes unresponsive, and in fact, the Force Touch trackpad stops "clicking" entirely. The only way to fix it is a force reboot. I've made immediate notes each time this has happened, but can't spot a pattern or behavior that triggers it, though I have saved console logs from the ~minute prior to rebooting the last two times it happened:
>>
>>54535954
That's a cute cat.
>>
>>54536051
>Alps keyboard
>>
>>54536050
>shitposting cancer thread
Wow you really are deluded. It's a fucking PowerPC mac thread. Go shitpost in all the other Apple threads that are actually pointless instead of the one that's interesting.
>>
>>54536049
Storage almost full: 204.81 GB of Movies that don't exist?

So I have a MacBook Pro and it keeps notifying me that my storage is almost full. However I have one folder that contains 31 images and 2 mp3 files and then the programs i have installed: Google Chrome, VLC Player, Spotify, Android File Transfer and Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel & Outlook. When i click on the storage tab in "About This Mac" it tells me that i have 204.81 GB of MOVIES and only 3 GB free in total.

It is showing up as:
MOVIES: 204.81 GB
OTHER: 24.39 GB
APPS: 9.39 GB
AUDIO: 7.35 GB
PHOTOS: 813.5 MB
BACKUPS: 19.7 MB

I have read to go through iMovie, iPhoto etc and delete all files, and i have and all that did was clear up tiny bit of room, I cannot figure out why it says i have 204.81 GB of Movies. Do other things that I have installed classify as movies, how do i get rid of this?
>>
File: 1463063802138.jpg (237 KB, 2048x1027) Image search: [Google]
1463063802138.jpg
237 KB, 2048x1027
>>54536073
>>
>>54536051
what the fuck is "laptop" about that keyboard?
>>
>>54536050
>shitposting cancer thread
Find me a non-cancer thread in the catalog.

Everything is phones, which thing to buy, bullshit generals...

You're just mad that you're poor, so you invade an Apple thread.

You can't even afford a used 90s Powerbook from some retired executive, because I'll buy it for $5 more on eBay and that's a week's pay for you.
>>
>>54536103
It's an Alps > Cherry point that was made succinctly.

Nobody's interested in an MSI Chinktop with meganigul switchez lol
>>
>>54536078
>appleshit
>interesting
Fuck off back to macrumors with your blog shit circlejerk. You tech illiterate corporate worshipping morons will never be welcome here.
>>
>>54536099
I have Macbook Pro Late 2011. I bought a new battery on Amazon last August. But for the last 3 months it's only holding 1~2hrs. Having said that the indicator on the top of the screen says something like 5-6 hrs left. I tried everything for improving consumption. The problems actually started when I upgraded to El Capitan. I have done every possible upgrade.
>>
>>54536131
We know it's you just doing this over and over mod.

You give yourself away too easily.
>>
>>54536127
I Have a three month old 13" MacBook Pro. Last night I put it into sleep mode, this morning it won't turn on at all. The little light on the charger is barely visible where it is usually bright green. I have attempted an SMC reset but this has done nothing! Any help would be very much appreciated!
>>
>>54536104
>You're just mad that you're poor
fuck sake way to invalidate the entire post
or are you one of them

>>54536131
the most accessible desktop RISC/UNIX platform is certainly more interesting than whatever smartphone or gamer shitbox you're blogging about in the other generals, my moderator friend
>>
>>54536141
>mactard
>arguing with mods
>thinks he's going to come out on top
lmao
>>
>>54536160
I got Macbook Pro Early 2015 and it just stops on random tasks.

So i got it replaced with perfect Macbook Pro. However,

it still does.

Is this defect or is it just OS X El Capitan?

Console log doesn't say anything.
>>
You tried it with /pol/ and they won...

You tried with Windows 10 here and the fedoras won...

Now you're picking on people posting about vintage computers...

Where's the bottom? Trolling LGBT?
>>
>>54536127
My original point was that the MSI GT80 has the best keyboard eve put into a laptop. Never mind the laptop itself is terrible.
>>
>>54536166
this desu senpai

Mods habe deleted like 10 threads in the last couple hours and not touched this thread. Get it through your tiny rat brains mactards, you aren't welcome here and your threads are left unmoderated and mocked because no one likes you.
>>
>>54536198
No it doesn't, it's only one of literally hundreds or thousands of different laptops that had mechanical keyboards.

It's a fucking glow in the dark lazer meme machine for gaymers, and Alps > Cherry, so it automatically loses to anything made past say, 1996 or so.
>>
>>54536194
my mackbook pro 2015 almost 3 weeks ago had a problem with charging. I took it to an authorize mac service in malaysia .after 2weeks they told me that my macbbok had a promlem with its motherboard and have to cost lots of money to repair. I didn't accept and took it back home and after cleaning its socket my charge problem is solved entirely but after taking it back home,it won't turn up . only I hear first sound of mac but the screen remain black. caps lock also can be on.I am so wondered what authorize mac service did on my macbook pro .
I did lots of research and I reset SMC and PRam also but still problem isnot solved.I am so embarrassed about that .
please help me .
>>
>>54536241
>made past
made before i mean lol
>>
If by collect, you mean collect them to be destroyed, then yes. There's still a shitload (200+) hanging around where I work and we're trying to get rid of them.
>>
>>54536229
>MacTard
>PowerPC/68K
Sure thing bro. This is more like a Windows 95/98 thread than anything else.
>>
>>54536229
>>54536262

Recently bought a refurbished Macbook Pro 15 Inch Retina Model and at first everything was great. I installed everything I needed, transferred all my files etc. Anyway about 4 days later I see my battery is getting quite low so I plug it in for some juice and just close the lid. I come back to a green magsafe indicator and I open the lid and theres just a black screen. Long story short I couldn't get it to turn back on so I made an appointment with Genius bar and they sent it our for repair. I go and pick it up today and the repair says that the logic board and I/O Board were replaced. Yay my computer tuns on but now I get random reboots. At first it would just shutdown and not restart. But now it just reboots and the funny thing is, is that its not a kernel panic and there are no serious errors in the logs and when it comes back on its like a normal restart like nothing ever happened. I did a SMC reset and a PRAM reset to see if that would help but not quite.

Please help I run a business and cannot afford to be without a computer again.
>>
>>54536241
>Laptops with mechanical keyboards
>Laptop
>Mechanical keyboard

You have no idea what you are talking about.
>>
>>54536270
>place ad in craigslist and sell them for $20
>they will be gone
Not trying THAT hard though. This is why your work probably sucks.
>>
>>54536270
What models? Some of us might be interested in em.
>>
>>54536272
There are currently 222 running processes gobbling up memory and CPUs on my Macbook pro, causing it to heat up and turn its fan on. That seems too much. I am running iMovie, Firefox (just one tab), Dictionary, and Activity Monitor

I noticed this problem worsen after:
1) El Capitan install (at behest of Apple support)
2) Turning on iCloud.

I have Airplay and a bunch of other crap that I neither want nor need.

In addition to being slow and running a bunch of unknown **** that I don't want and most likely don't need, my Mac's 500 GB internal hard drive is mostly full of "other". I couldn't figure out what "other" was after searching. What is it and how can I free up memory (I already turned on iCloud and deleted a bunch of stuff)? Why is my mac so busy? How do I identify other undesirable processes like AirPlay, et al and then uninstall them?
>>
>>54536279
Not all laptops have rubber dome switches you tard, you're clearly underage because many laptops frequently featured mechanical switches in the good old days.

But keep on memeing fedora man.
>>
>>54536293
I'm gonna jump to the question real quick. I've tried all method including reset PRAM, SMC, turn off auto adjust brightness (I read here some people experience the laggy UI when turn it on), set different resolutions, delete windowserver or-what-ever plist. But the problem is still there.

I noticed that my MBP is laggy when resizing windows especially web browser, typing (it's like I've already type bunch of sentences and it appears the whole sentences after being frozen) and scrolling.

I know it good to replace the battery now (as the battery condition is replace now) but not any time soon because I really need my lap atm and I can't even for the authorized apple service center for one month just to replace the battery. So is there any way I can do to solve this ? I've researched all around the Internet and found out some dudes facing the same problem because of Intel Speedstep but it is only exist with the 2011 or earlier model with Maverick is on (I'm currently running El capitan on late 2012 rMBP).

Thanks in advance.
>>
>>54536279
Many Thinkpads have mechanical keyboards
As do a lot of gaymer laptops

If you are restricting "mechanical" to "Cherry Switches only", you are correct.

If it means instead "not rubber dome or membrane", you are not.
>>
>>54536272
The 68k/PPC era goes from 1984 to 2005 for the hardware, and 2007 for the OS (2009 if you want to count the last update).
>>
>>54536270
Most cities have an electronic waste recycling center that will grind down all that garbage and sort them into different reusable useful materials.
>>
>>54536316
>thinkpads
>mechanical
No. Even the old ones are rubber dome through and through.
>>
>>54536287
>>54536293
Can't. I work for the government and because of how the funding works they usually can either be in use or disposed of. I'm sure some of them qualify for auction but you've probably never moved a hundred eMacs and don't understand how much of a bitch that would be.
>>
>>54536327
So today for some reason my MacBook Pro (Mid-2012) 13" 8GB RAM/Samsung SSD ran unusually slow when I first powered on. To the point where it took 1 minute to open Google Chrome later to crash when I tried to enter a URL. I restarted it, and I ran into the same problems, opening up a folder would take ages. So, I booted into Safe Boot, but to no avail. However, I did look at the System Logs from Console and I took a picture of the logs. For some reason, it was logging an error every 10 seconds since the start of the morning. I took it to an Apple Authorized repair center at my school who attempted to diagnose it. They attempted to power on my computer but now it wouldn't boot at all. You could hear the disk drive starting up but you would get stuck at the white screen (no Apple logo, no progress bar). They ruled out the hard drive (esp being that it is only a few months old) after running a few tests on it but they didn't know exactly what was going on, however they did say it could be a corrupt OS. I haven't had any performance issues prior to today and I didn't install any new software. I'm now stuck with a compute that won't boot and I have finals coming up... Any ideas? All help is appreciated! Thank you.
>>
>>54536316
>Many ThinkPads have mechanical keyboards
LOL no, I have owned many ThinkPads, they were ALL rubber dome.
>>
>>54536348
I have been creating a powerpoint for a conference eI am presenting at next week and whilst working my Mac screen went temporarily distorted then turned white. I left it for a moment then held down the power button to reboot. On doing this it successfully got to the stage where i enter my password then displays the loading bar. Half way through loading it cut to white again and restated. I then repeated a few times, same results.

On looking at troubleshoot options online I have attempted the following techniques with no success:

Command-R power on: Goes straight to white screen after chime.
Command-option-R-P: Goes straight to white screen after chime and apple logo.
Command-shift: Get to the log in stage but then white screen.
Command-S and fsck -fy: Said mac was 'OK', rebooted and got white screen after chime and apple logo.
Connected to working mac using Thunderbolt cable: Successfully opened Target mode, but disk does not appear on working mac.

What else can I do?
There are no apple stores near me.
>>
>>54536348
Actually I'm not a limp wristed faggot working a government job and moving a hundred iMacs is easy.

You're about to become redundant, MAGA.
>>
>>54536348
Chain 20 or so together and use them as boat anchors.
>>
>>54536348
>eMacs
eugh
shit I'm sure whoever you're sending them to for recycling would be happy to give them away if they could, most recyclers and thrift stores here don't even take CRTs and CRT all-in-ones
>>
I have a Powermac G4 that I lent to a friend because it has Reason 2 or 3 on it.

She was supposed to make some soundtrack for a game I was working on, but hasn't gotten around to it.

I haven't gotten around to finishing the game either, so we're even.
>>
>>54536356
Lenovo chinkpads use mainly rubber domes, and being an underage chink this is all you've had access to.
>>
>>54536382
eMacs, not iMacs. Early iMacs are easier because they have a handle.

Also, I'm not the guy that moves them. I sit in a climate controlled room and shitpost on the internet while getting paid for it.
>>
I use one at college as my main computer. Also own a C2D MacBook that I carry with me and if I really need x86.

Pic related.
>>
>>54536414
>Underage
You faggot, my first computer was an Apple IIc, and my first laptop was a thinkpad 700 series with a Pentium 1. It had fucking rubber domes, as has every other ThinkPad I have ever owned.
>>
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1mm7lgXMe67
>>
>>54536434
>ThinkPad I have ever owned
I love how you're artificially restricting this to "thinkpads you have ever owned" so you don't have to admit you're wrong.

Autism or judaism?
>>
File: IMG_20160513_214012~01~01.jpg (1 MB, 2095x2802) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160513_214012~01~01.jpg
1 MB, 2095x2802
Pround owner of a Power Mac G4 MDD with dual 1.25 G4s and 1.75 GB of memory
>>
>>54536460
ThinkPads have rubber domes, as does almost every other laptop. Just give up already and admit you were wrong.
>>
>>54536460
Name a single ThinkPad model that has a mechanical keyboard.
>>
File: g4destep-ss5.png (2 MB, 1440x960) Image search: [Google]
g4destep-ss5.png
2 MB, 1440x960
>>54532443
Alu G4 HR 15" 1.67 coming through.
behold my DDR2, best GPU in a PPC laptop and obscure screen resolution.

>Apple switched to Intel a little more than 10 years ago
this makes me sad.
>>
>>54536414
>>54536460
Fucking none of them are mechanical you retard, they all use scissor switches or something similar.

t. collector who daily drives a 600E
>>
>>54536465
Nice, how loud are the fans.
>>
>>54536512
>scissor switches
>not dome
>not membrane
>uses mechanical action
>>
>>54536465
My macbook will turn on once plugged into the wall outlet, is this normal?

My macbook will NOT boot unless there is a battery connected to the system, (tried without and it wont boot or even start)

The mac will also start, play the start chime wait a few mins then the fans will stop, start back up and chime again.. This loops over and over. Can this indicate a bad battery?

(Yes the batteries in this computer are BAD) (they were working fine but I beleive upon removal they had broke because now the computer will not start on batteries anymore)
>>
>>54536501
I can't seem to adjust the Sound / Volume on my Macbook Pro. I've tried adjusting by pressing the volume keys on the laptop as well as on the Sound setting in the System Preferences.

Now I know how to fix it, but it requires me to do this every single time I reboot or power on my laptop. Plug in a headphone in the headphone jack and unplug after. That solves it and I can then adjust sound / volume. I have searched throughout google trying to find a solution to the problem and cannot seem to fix this.

There is sound coming out of the internal speakers even though I can't adjust the sound, I can hear it.

Please, it would be amazing if I can get this solved without having to constantly plug in and out a headphone just to get my speakers working.
>>
>>54536426
Why does my Macbook Pro keep crashing, and how do I stop it?

I like to play CSGO, so I decided to open it from Steam and play it two days ago. About two minutes into a custom game, my mac crashes. I decide to restart my mac after being prompted to press any key from the screen that pops up after the mac crashes. I reboot and go back to playing the game. Again, the same thing happens. I decide not to play the game and go on to do some other things on my laptop. Once again, my mac crashes and I have to restart. Yesterday, I decided I was fed up, so I backed everything up onto a hard disk (Seagate 1TB) and completely reset my laptop. Today, once it had all been reset, I decided to redownload many of my original apps again. Alas, my computer kept crashing and giving me the same "This Mac has crashed, press any key to continue" screen. Sometimes, it happens when I'm not even playing my game. Why is this happening and how do I stop this from happening ever again?
>>
File: scissor-switch-apple-keyboard.png (374 KB, 640x340) Image search: [Google]
scissor-switch-apple-keyboard.png
374 KB, 640x340
>>54536582
>>not dome
>>not membrane
Are you fucking retarded?
If this is what you define to be "mechanical" then pretty much every laptop in production right now ships with a mechanical keyboard.
>>
File: Picture 1.png (57 KB, 728x453) Image search: [Google]
Picture 1.png
57 KB, 728x453
>>54536518
Not very loud, but it does have an issue with the power supply though
>>
>>54536642
>Power supply problems
Oh boy.
>>
>>54536512
only mechanical one I've ever seen on a laptop was the keyboard on the Inspiron 3800.
>>
>>54536346
>thinkpads
>mechanical
>>No. Even the old ones are rubber dome through and through.

Can't speak to the old ones but Y900 has a mechanical keyboard
>>
File: Picture.png (47 KB, 307x365) Image search: [Google]
Picture.png
47 KB, 307x365
>>54536642
>>
>>54536642
My MacBook Pro has been in repairs for past one and half years. The problem is continuous freezing, pink and blue screen, garbled screen. Tech Center have already changed the Logic board 4 times, Keyboard, speakers, top & bottom casing, battery and optical drive over the course of 1year. The last repair was about a month ago where they again replaced the Logic board, and now the problems have started again - Freezing, Pink/blue screen flashing while watching videos online, Speed decreases (everything literally working in slow-mo), fan is mostly running at its top speed, and all this happens when only one or two browser windows open without any extensive process running on it. Also, it has been formatted multiple times over past year. Every time I contact support they go through the same process again and again. Please let me know if there is any way I can contact higher management to find a resolution, I am really frustrated and tired with the product and process. Any help would be appreciated.
>>
>>54536683
I bought my laptop last year and it's still pretty new. I checked my cycle count and it's only at 78, but my battery says to "replace now." It is stuck at 21% and when I unplug my charger, my computer shuts off.
>>
>>54532443
Can you get debian running on that thing? I've heard they've dropped support for the PPC architecture but debports is still going.

I've considered picking up a PPC just to toy with, are they worth it?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 36

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.