[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
got memed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 640x770) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 640x770
>spent months of savings on building my dream PC
>Once i have it, realize i don't have time to play with it, and when i do, i really don't enjoy vidya as i used to when i was young.
I'm 27 now.

Between college, work, friends and gf, i barely have time for myself, and when i do i prefer to do other things than to play shitty money grabbing AAA games or multiplayer day care games full of pre-teens. Maybe some indies are worth playing, but i certainly don't need a $1500 machine for that.

I hate to admit it, but you were right /g/, for once, you were right.
What should i do now? Does anyone else experienced the same thing as me right now?
If i sell it i'm gonna to loose a lot of money.
>>
Sell it, until it loses value
>>
>>54527163
A powerful computer isn't meant JUST for gaming. Why does everyone think powerful = gaming?

Ever had the displeasure of building an Android app with gradle? Faster indexing on a good computer, reducing a 2 minute wait to seconds.
>>
>>54527163
Hold on to it, and pick up a computer related hobby. Programming, game dev, animation, filmmakin, graphic design, anything really. Gaming isn't the only thing you can do on a PC.
>>
Try finding a hobby that fully utilize it that's not video games. Programming video editing there's a whole bunch of options available. Learn to set up virtual machines manage your own Network for fun I don't know.

There's plenty you could do with it still
>>
>>54527239
>>54527246
>>54527251
We all literally posted the same thing with a minute of each other, based /G/ is based
>>
>>54527163
sorry to be blunt but if you are this dumb..
>>
>>54527163
>friends and gf
Please kill yourself
>>
>>54527163
I just built a $1000 pc too OP.
I'm 24.

I work in construction and ive kinda taken it upon myself to build a sql server for my company.

Also I love drawing, so i'm considering getting an electronic draw pad to doodle on.

and of course, i'll be playing/streaming some vidya, but I can do a lot more.
>>
File: 1457440297053.png (763 KB, 607x579) Image search: [Google]
1457440297053.png
763 KB, 607x579
>>54527264
nice
>>
>>54527163
Same happened to me, but I am 20

I use my pc for other things tho
>>
File: 1460497056495.jpg (212 KB, 784x757) Image search: [Google]
1460497056495.jpg
212 KB, 784x757
>>54527264
>>
>>54527163
Adults get holidays too. Some day you may want to get back to gaming.
>>
>>54527163
You've played through Dark Souls, right? The original, not the new one.

Street Fighter V is the best multi-player PC game for people over 25 right now.

You might try getting into some of the more exotic and definitive PC games like EVE online. I don't think too many kids play that and it's an experience you can't get on consoles.
>>
>>54527163
Sell it and buy a damn refurbished Dell workstation or something. Those old things still pack a punch for very little money.
>>
>>54527284
Yeah OP is a retard. He should've known he wasn't that into PC gaming before he spent the money on the thing and in regular 4chan fashion blames it on being memed instead of just accepting that he made a dumb, short-sighted decision. "Hey guys I'm not only a retard but a GULLIBLE one at that!"
>>
>>54527163
Do you realize you don't really need more than 600-800 for gaming pc?
Also, be selective about games you choose to play, most are not worth playing, in my opinion.
>>
As I'm getting older I'm realizing I only like dumb art games and old adventure games or crpgs. I'd only need a new GPU for witcher 3 and a new CPU for everyone's gone to the rapture.
>>
>>54527239
>>54527246
>>54527251

I was considering just selling the GPU and maybe the PSU too (850 Evga Platinum) and buy something cheaper. The IGP on the 6700k is pretty much enough for my needs.

>>54527251
>Try finding a hobby that fully utilize it that's not video games
Seems reasonable, but i can't think of anything right now, maybe photography and editing sounds nice, but i literally suck at drawing.

>>54527288
I was forever alone neckbeard in my early 20's too anon. I feel you.
>>
>>54527406
>Street Fighter V is the best multi-player PC game

Nice b8 m9
>>
>>54527416

But I DID enjoyed games in the past. Y played games, watched anime etc. until i was around 22 when certain things changed in my life and had to stop being a weeaboo gayming looser and face real life.
Fast forwards a couple of years, i thought i could bring back those memories when i played and enjoyed games.

I was wrong.
>>
Here's some advice, do either of the following
>do other things with your computer than playing vidya
>drop the gf, get back into vidya
>>
Do video editing and start posting videos on youtube. If you dont get any views, hey, its just a hobby.

Maybe it will get you back into vidya if you start recording and making high quality content. Nothing matters except the fact that you made something original.
>>
>>54527163
>27
>college
So you're a loser.
>>
>>54527163
>27
>college
>loose
And you still don't know how to write. Pathetic.
>>
>has gf, friends, work, can go to college, has a $1500 gaymen PC
>abloobloo poor me

I don't feel the least bit sorry for you, OP. Have you tried suicide though?
>>
>>54527163
Sell it piece by piece. You can get more for it that way. Or just sell the VIDYA card and use integrated graphics.
>>
>>54527701
>>54527718

>Implying i'm murrikan
>implying English is my native language
>implying college isn't free here and i can switch majors as much as i like :^)

>>54527743
>has gf, friends, work, can go to college
None of these is an achievement bruh
>>
>>54527910
>none of these is an achievement bruh
Do you remember where you are? That's kind of an achievement to the average user here.
>>
>>54527577
You never actually enjoyed gaming. It was just a form of escapism for you, or maybe a way of fitting in. There are plenty of us "facing real life" and still enjoying our games just fine. Also people constantly build systems for way less than $1500. It's simply stupid to spend that much on a system without having specific games or uses in mind. I mean you can't even think of a non-gaming use for your powerful general purpose machine. Why do you even come to /g/?
>>
>>54527163
>Does anyone else experienced the same thing as me right now?

No you just don't belong here, normie.
>>
>>54527163
How long ago did you build this PC and what are the specs? A recently built mid-high end Intel-based machine shouldn't lose much if you sell by component.
>>
>>54527163
25 years old here

back when i had time to game in my early 20's it was awesome then i became a normie and had a bunch of shit jobs and hated them.

i quit them last year and now im building a new gaming pc again

1080 and 490x here i come
>>
Shit OP , I know dat feel and I must say , Who knows what might happen , just sell the GPU and keep the rest . This is happening to you because you have a lot in mind and you are actually facing it , unlike the most looser cunts around here that imply they have a life and gayming is just a hobby #umadfagz.
Go on with your life and never come to /g/ ever again . You did that cuz u came here at first .
>>
I don't care about your video game habits or your life story.

Please kill yourself.
>>
Hook it up to tv and use as entertainment hub/backup device for photos and videos.
>>
>gf
jej
>>
>>54527163
>27
>still goes to college
>>
>>54527910
>using the smiley with a carat nose
>>
>>54527163
>Between college, work, friends and gf,
You didn't need a computer anyway, you fucking normie.

keep it so it reminds you of how much time you waste socializing and other useless things.
>>
File: 1421952101304.jpg (482 KB, 2000x1086) Image search: [Google]
1421952101304.jpg
482 KB, 2000x1086
Learn 3D modeling
>>54528229
Master's degree, PhD, etc...
>>
>>54528126

So what are you doing right now?

>>54527999
Isn't vidya a form of escapism for everyone?

>>54528098
2 months ago, i could probably sell right now and loose just a couple of hundreds, but still even without the money issue, i would feel like a retard.
>>
>>54528259
most entertainment is escapism
>>
>>54528259
>So what are you doing right now?
n33t dole

feels good to come back to gaming after 3 years of nothing.
>>
>>54527999
yeah this annoys me

I always hear someone spent over $1000 on some rig, then "life happens" and they don't play with their shiny new toy anymore.

maybe they just give up, not knowing how to maintain a computer system. Shutting the computer off and ignoring it is the best way to avoid spyware and all the other crap people get infected with. Except the computer's only worth something when it's running and the hardware gets older every day.

The only reason you'd spend $1200 on a computer and then "get bored" is because you have no clue what to do with it.
>>
>>54528309

But it doesn't get boring after a while?
I really thought about quitting my shit job, and even dumping my GF and go back to that life. I kinda miss it.

But i think it would get very boring very soon.
I want to have free time to enjoy things, but not feel empty and useless like when i was a NEET in my early years.
>>
>>54528250
If you are 27 and still try to get a PhD its quite obvious that you are not suited for it.
If you are 27 and still try to get a Master degree, its quite obvious that you are straight up stupid.

Considering OPs post i just assume he is just straight up stupid.
>>
>>54528406
Employ yourself
>>
>>54528417
Generally you're right, but that isn't always true.
My dad got his PhD at 41. Now he's one of ~15-25 people in the world doing what he does.

Fairly highly specialized field of study and a 99 percentile on the physics GREs however so he wasn't the average PhD candidate
>>
>>54527163
lmao memed so hard
I'm 24 and I'm building a computer because my friends keep asking me to play with them.
But since I'm not a retard I'm spending like $500. I know I won't be playing that many games, and a 6100 and 960 will be more than enough for anything.
>>
>>54528534
Exception of the rule.
Most people at my university who got their PhD in their early 30s(mostly after getting fucked by the job world because they simply arent good at what they do) are straight up incompetent.
>>
>>54527163

I was about to drop £1500 (nearly $2000) on a new rig for VR. Decided to buy a Moog Sub 37 and some Moogerfooer pedals instead.

Much more satisfying...
>>
>>54528603
Yea he was like the same age as his advisor. Majority of the other prospective PhD students were mid-late 20s or early 30s. And many from China and India.
>>
>>54528417
>>54528417
>>>54528250
>If you are 27 and still try to get a PhD its quite obvious that you are not suited for it.
>If you are 27 and still try to get a Master degree, its quite obvious that you are straight up stupid.
Based on what?
>>
>>54527406
There are some games that definitely pull a more mature audience. Stuff like CK2, other grand strategy games, and more in depth rpgs like Pillars of Eternity. I got real bored of games in general until Pillars and Elite Dangerous sucked me back in
>>
>>54528406
>gf
>my
>>
>>54527163
>shitty money grabbing AAA games or multiplayer day care games full of pre-teens
>i am a plebeian who is incapable of finding good games

also
>a good computer is only meant for gaming
>>
>>54528417
What if he started at age 23 or something?
>>
the real question is why is this on /g/ and not
>>>/v/
>>>/v/
>>>/v/
>>
>>54527910
>none of these is an achievement

maybe not the friend part, but I've had several girlfiriends in the past when I wasnt as ugly as I am now.

I'm a hideous monster now, so the chance of a GF is pretty slim, hence why it is kind of an achievement.
>>
>>54528731
It depends on if it is some bullshit marketing degree or something hard like EE.
>>
>>54527163
Problem is that you browse /g/, this place is full of marketing and over time makes you want to buy whatever shills want you to buy. Avoid all gpu or /v/ conversations or don't browse /g/ at all except for the generals you already like

>>54528871
/v/ has never made me want to buy anything, but /g/ always makes me want to buy a gaming rig even though like OP I just don't have time to play on it, always realize soon enough to not blow money on anything but other people are more impulsive
>>
>>54527163
Why is everything a meme on /g/?
>>
>>54527163
Dedicate your machine to science. Download "folding at home" or some other "at home" program
>>
>>54528871
Which board has links to guides on building gaming rigs in their sticky?
>>
Turn it into a workstation, take up a technical or artistic skill.
That's what did, when I was 17 I shilled my family into supplying me with computer parts, built a fantastic gaming computer, then got a job.
When I turned 19 last year I realized that I didn't really want to play big title games anymore, so I installed some old games that I really liked, such as Empre Earth and Sim City, got rid of the rest.
Bought a license for AutoCAD 2014 and started to learn how to draft, I installed SketchUp and did light 3D modeling. Then gimp, and I've been learning to draw and do graphical design.

Now I've got a computer which lets me learn practical skills to put on a resume.
>>
>>54528920
>girlfriends
>had
>I've
jej
>>
>>54527205
>Sell it, until it loses value
>until
Is english really that difficult?
>>
>>54527999

Trip-o-truth

I think the most I've personally spent on a machine was $1400 and that was in '99 when laptops weren't the cheap devices they are today. My current desktop cost me $800 worth of bitcoins (at the peak) and still plays everything perfectly fine.

You got ripped off OP
>>
>>54528417

The fuck? You can get a Master's whenever you want, some even require you to work a few years in the industry before you can apply
>>
why the hell would you build a gaming PC if you had no interest in games?
>>
>>54529506
Memes
>>
>>54527163
>27
>still talking in memes
Shame on you big guy.
>>
>>54528417
I failed during college 3 times, meaning I lost 3 years.
I graduated with a masters in Finance, 2014 at 25.
you may be right about master but your PhD statement is bullshit.
>>
>>54528417
There are plenty of reasons why your statement could be false. I've tested as one of the top 200 students in the US for my high school graduating class for English and Math (which was 10 years ago and my English has degraded from intensive foreign language studies). I'm finishing a BS now, and I'll turn 28 this fall. Why the delay? In my case, it was from joining the military after high school. It was what I wanted to do, and I enjoyed it. I got to attend advanced language schooling, see the world, and work on some very cool projects. However, it's not what I want to base my whole life around (and peacetime military is a drag), so I got out. Now I'm using the GI Bill to go to school for free.

Someone else might have spent years caring for an ailing relative. They might be switching career fields. Or any of 100 other reasons. I'm attending classes with a large number of nontraditional students right now and some of them are exceedingly bright; one of the smartest programmers in my program is nearly 30 and spent years making good money with a refridgeration degree.
>>
File: 1389474921434.png (149 KB, 608x428) Image search: [Google]
1389474921434.png
149 KB, 608x428
>>54527989
I'd say it's pretty much like having cancer
>wasting money on useless trips/gifts
>ditching friends and hobbies for gf
>spending time doing nothing for sake of "being together"
>at some point having children and being enslaved for years
>realize at 40yo you did nothing the last 20years for the sake of your relationship

This is the pattern I see ALL THE FREAKING TIME in my country, I really really don't want to be like that.
>>
>>54529764
Once i was a deadly sick, turbo autist loser neet, later i got a gf, driving licence, friends, education, job, a place to live etc. but my suicidal thoughts remained constant somehow. I wish i would be a devout catholic or something, i think living as a thinking atheist means that sooner or later you realize that life is totally pointless and you should have killed yourself at most at age 21.
>>
>>54529764
>do literally nothing with yourself
>have to come up with this kind of shit to continue your own delusions without cognitive dissonance
you people are just pathetic
I feel bad for you
>>
>>54527701
Great Post!
>>
Op is crying about spending a paycheck on a PC.
>>
>>54529979
religiousness won't help, trust me you'll constantly feel like you're not doing enough and that you're going to hell, no peace of mind. It just means you're not allowed to kill yourself
>>
>friends
>gf
Remove these unnecessary timesinks from your life and you will have plenty of time for videogames.

Actually you could probably just remove the gf and it would yield a vast amount of free time you simply didn't have before.
>>
Depends on where you live you can maybe return the parts and get your money back? Or sell the whole thing now.
Thing is computer drop in value really fast. So whatever you do dont wait too long
>>
File: 8bit_add_sub.jpg (137 KB, 995x548) Image search: [Google]
8bit_add_sub.jpg
137 KB, 995x548
>>54527163
same here, i'm about your age and my GPU (AMD 5870) fried almost 2 years ago,
i didn't get a new one, i'm still running on my on board GPU.

i don't gaymen anymore. so why bother.
>>
>>54529979
that's not an atheist point of view, it's just realistic.
Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.