[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MATLAB General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
Matlab thread.

How do I learn real computational mathematics with matlab?
>>
>>54524294
>How do I learn real computational mathematics with matlab?
You don't.

Learn the theory first. Then learn to use the tool.
>>
>>54524304
there's gotta be some kind of way to study by instruction, or drill first though.

i have a noob-level understanding of the stuff.
>>
>>54524294
Learn math first. Then it should be natural.
>>
>>54524363
>>54524294
Also remember, the first index of a vector is "1" and not "0" like other languages.
Also, "x" and "y" coordinates are inverted.

Noobs mess those two things up the most.
>>
>>54524372
It makes more sense if you don't think of them as x and y coordinates but as row and column.
>>
>>54524479
True.
>>
>>54524294
Computational mathematics in matlab is basically just solving pdes/odes/optimisation.

There is also computational group theory but you would use GAP or something for that.

You first need to know the basic theory of these topics. For pdes /odes there are a plethora of methods. I know nothing about what the group theory people do.
>>
Literally a cancer. Useful though (depends). They don't even want you to have a legit copy of it with the mlm shit. The crack i used was easier than their legit activation.
>>
Learn math then read user manual
>>
>>54524372
>"x" and "y" coordinates are inverted.
This fucks me over every time
>>
>>54524372
Also matrices use parenthesis instead of brackets.
And the negation symbol is "~", not "!".
I hate matlab so much.
>>
>>54525659
idk what your problem was
>on ubuntu
>use the installer
>login to account
>it does it for me
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.