[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Frustrations of Linux. s(・`ヘ´・;)ゞ
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3
File: 1446690584604.gif (761 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1446690584604.gif
761 KB, 500x281
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0chgyL7u4Qs
>>
>>54522592
Why is this funny. I don't have time for shit.
>>
Ok then don't use it.

Using printer drivers makes me want my brain to shut off. So I do just boot into windows to print stuff. When I finally get time I want to set up a windows vm on my home server to connect to and just use that to print stuff.
>>
>>54522592
>>54522700
If you use a "Normie"-Printer, you're quickly running into problems!
The same goes for scanners and so called soap box routets.

Other/better printers, not all in one things, don't habe problems.

And if HE's having problems with certain products (Adobe, MS office), he's an absolute microshill for bashing GNU/Linux. Not everyone uses these applications!
>>
>>54522908
> routets
routers
>>
>>54522592
>He hasn't setup a printer server
Winplebs keep moving
>>
>>54522592
Windows definately is SHIT!
GNU/Linux might also be bad, but a unix-based os is better than Windows.

It just makes more sense how the OS works.
File System:
Windows - crazy disk letters that depend on the order of attaching a removable media.
Unix - Mounted at the same location every time!

Config files:
Windows - all cluttered at different locations (depending in where the Programm was installed)+ the FUCKING REGISTRY (what idiot came up with that)!
Unix - all in home or etc folders

The only alternative to get a good system with a "it just werx"-UI is mac OS!
>>
>>54522933
You can even use a Router with USB to do this!
>>
>>54522908
i've a normie-tier hp all-in-one printer/scannerer and had no problems with it on opensuse, just had to install hplip
>>
>arch user
>want to use printers on university
>install CUPS
>it just werks

Lol. Bunch of tech illiterates itt.
>>
>>54523014
Well smetimes it just works fine.

I have a canon pixma mg series printer, and the printer part worked flawlessly. But i couldn't geht xsane to run without instslling the *shock* PROPRIETARY driver for the scanner (and that hurts a little).
>>
its bad when a idiot like me knows this dude is a cuck. i put ubuntu on my moms computer in 2009. she never had a problem with printing or scanning.
>>
Archon runs android printer apps natively. Most printers already have android ports.

Also, Shaslik (KDE) is working on a built in android environment to run apks.

KDE/Linux is the future for Linux desktop
>>
>>54523026
Our school has Epson printers attached to the LAN, and the also just worked out oft the box.
>>
>>54523059
Admittedly, I was surprised that it was so easy to get working.

I'm probably missing some features, since I'm only using a generic.something driver. But who cares, I'm only using it to print articles anyway.
>>
>>54523045
>>54523026
>>54522933
>>54522592

A true shill-/shitpost in Form of a Video, made by wincuck (is he sponsored by M$?)

Also:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRWrmT0ovPE
>>
>>54523094
i saw that video. bitch is so dumb she bought a computer without knowing a thing about it.
whos dick did she suck to get into college?

>tfw you cant connect to the internet without your cd.
>>
>>54523128
well ... "try again"!
>>
someone give it to me straight

Is Linux just OSX for virgins?
>>
>>54522592
Seriously, nigger? Why the fuck do you think you belong to a fucking tech board if you cannot even solve this issue at hand?

>Eposn
1. I don't know about your printer model but all Epson printers communicate through Epson iPrint app. iPrint is available for android. Android is Linux.

You can run apk files in several ways in Linux. Archon api emulates android natively. Go download iPrint and run it through Archon

2. WINE
Pretty sure your printer manager does not require heavy GPU usage so you can shut the fuck up and run your printer manager through WINE

>Office
WPS office is just as good for personal usage. If your company's DBMS is MS Access (Which means you are working on a third class bottom tier piece of shit company) you are fucked.

>Photoshop/Sony vegas/Corel draw/AutoDesk
These are valid reasons if you are a professional on that field.

Reminder that you can avoid these obstacles by thinking before purchasing (i.e. not buying cuckest of the cucks hardwares like epson or alienware). I don't see people complaining about how they cannot run OSX in all cuck devices

Reminder that if you are a dumb normal faggot like the one in the video you do NOT belong to /g/
>>
>>54523216
It's the other way round!
OS X is for people who just want their stuff to work
GNU/Linux is for those who don't fear configuration and who can do that without running in trouble of not beinga able to do their job.
After all it's always useful to have a backup plan (like a second machine, running a different os)
I know people who use all three major OS (Win., Lin., Mac) for different tasks.
>>
>>54522592
>perfect distro
>looks like crapple

this guy is confirmed retard
>>
What it pronounced mah-tay? I thought it was pronounced m8
>>
Would use linux, but I'm not sure I'll ever see the day where I can run gnome 3 smoothly. My 280x stutters on it, integrated graphics (HD 4600) end up being worse. Tried multiple drivers, tried wayland. I'm just done with that.
>>
>>54523219
>third class bottom tier piece of shit company

Even bigger companies use stupid microsoft server solutions, to the frustration of their eployees!

I know people who use M$ outlook and they are reglarly tearing their hair out when it comes to do "batch-work" on many emails (like 1000 or so)!
Why can't microsoft produce USABLE applications?
>>
>>54523257
It is "m80"

but the OP is gr8 b8 r8 8/8 m8
>>
>>54523266
Literally who the fuck thinks it's a good idea to run by MS Access? 8th graders or what?

Or maybe too poor for Oracle?
>>
>>54522592
Why is a redneck making a video complaining about GNU/Linux? GNU/Linux is too complicated for rednecks.
>>
File: 1454950328651.jpg (12 KB, 247x248) Image search: [Google]
1454950328651.jpg
12 KB, 247x248
>>54523288
Sysadmins

> employee comlains about email issue
> sysadmin: Well you just have to wait until fix
> goes into server room, locks dor, faps

Later at meeting:
> employee: why don't we jst use a Linux mail server ... <insert config suggestion here>
> sysadmin: ha linux, ur crap is not for dem companiez, we do useful business
> we don't deal with this
> employee: but it runs better ...

tfw most mail servers run on linux
>>
>>54523346
is this insulting windows or insulting linux? does anyone understand this shitpost?
>>
>>54523346
>tfw most mail servers run on linux
No wonder why most of them are so fucking shit.
>>
>>54523368
It's all clear now

sysadmin: wincuck
employee: linbaby
eveyone_else: normie
>>
>>54523372
NO NOOOOOOOOOOOO!
The mail servers were running windooze!
The use Outlook and shit fUCK
FADFAFASFDlijsjflkahfdkjalf blargh
>>
>>54523372
>>54523380
>>54523390

what
>>
>>54523390
I can tell from the way you type things that you're autistic
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_lhqg_p21k

this cuck, YT b8 tier @ OP.
>>
>>54523420
saw this one. stopped watching the first couple minutes when he was talking about malware.
>>
>>54523411
blargh! (p.s. I was able to fill in captcha!)

>>54523420
I kew dat video:

I liek it varey moch!
Linux is love, Linux is live
(Lil, Lil)
>>
>>54523440
What is shell-schock?
What are viruses designed to fuck with servers?

It's unlikely that you're getting one, if your machine is not exposed to the internet (server).
And even then:
It's either a badly written webapp or a wrong configuration.
>>
>>54523478
downloading shit from cnet
>>
>>54523524
Is that even possible?
Downloading shit from *generic_windows_centered_malware_site* to infect Linux with viruses?

I know it's possible, but you definately have to do something weird like
> go to shady website
> donwload .deb
> run as root
Duh, you installed a virus by yourself!

It's like opening
> phone_bill.pdf.exe
on a windows xp machine, back in the day!
>>
>>54523219
>WPS office
chinese botnet
>>
>>54523040
I had to modify some specific config file in /etc for my pixma mg to work with sane, it can be done. Just look it up on the Arch wiki.
>>
>>54522592
>"Linux in general"
>turns out to be "linux with my specific hardware and software choices"

Oh man guys I'm having problems running windows on my ultrasparc windows is fucking useless never use it everyone with a real job absolutely needs an ultrasparc and therefore windows = unemployed got it
>>
>>54523598
exactly. i dont even know how to get a virus on linux.
>>
>>54523616
pls gibe link
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.