[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is thermal paste so hard to find at midnight?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 20160512_194554.jpg (3 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160512_194554.jpg
3 MB, 5312x2988
So For the longest time my computer has been beeping at me right? Now maybe I am old but in my day if things were overheating the bios speaker would beep or buzz if there was an issue, so it didn't even occur to me that there could be a heat issue.

Anyways, so I am pulling my hair out for the last week trying to figure out what's causing it, sure it must be a software problem.

Finally my computer shuts itself off, and immediately I know I've been barking up the wrong trees.

Turns out last time I cleaned the dust out of the cooling system I put one of the fans on backward so both were blowing into the heat-sink between them (which cooled the liquid running to the processor).

Anyways, this picture here is the result. The glove is because I burnt my fingers trying to take the first picture.

The cooling system is toast, I opened it up and all the glue had melted and pooled at the bottom, maybe it can be salvaged but who knows. Anyways, I went and grabbed the old stock heatsink and fan that came with the i7 5 years ago now. But with no thermal paste on hand the computer wouldn't last 10 minutes being idle before shutting down.

It's 10:30pm so I run 7km to one walmart, no luck, a further 8km to another, no luck. Get home depressed, just wanting to keep playing Stellaris.

So how am I posting this?
Motherfucking toothpaste and handcream, mixed up and slathered on. Right now I'm running Stellaris in the background at 100% load being transferred across cores and cruising with ~50c.

Motherfucking toothpaste. Is there anything it can't do? I used it a few months ago to salvage an old copy of Dragon's Dogma for Xbox that was too scratched to run.

Motherfucking toothpaste man. What can't it do?
>>
It can't get me a gf.
>>
>>54521641
it cant make my tits prettier.
>>
I wish I was diagnosed as mentally disabled so I could enjoy neetbux without a care in the world

also nice blog faggot
>>
stay the fuck out of chat AlexMax
>>
>>54521641

that's some nice 2002-level trolling
>>
>>54521726
Who needs it when you've got toothpaste? Also you'll be thanking me WHEN this happens to you.

>>54521667
Mix some toothpaste into your masturbatory handcream and that minty tingle during self-pleasure will do more for you than any woman ever could.
>>
>>54521676
Post tits
>>
I'm a girl BTW :v)
>>
>>54521667
Motherfucker, without it you won't have teeth to bite the tities with.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.