[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i got a GTX 780 if i upgraded to a 1080 would i need to upgrade
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3
File: my pc specs.png (61 KB, 614x846) Image search: [Google]
my pc specs.png
61 KB, 614x846
i got a GTX 780

if i upgraded to a 1080 would i need to upgrade anything else in my computer?

Also when i go on a site like newegg and type gtx 980 or whatever there are different types and versions of the card. How do i know which one to buy?

I know nothing about computers, my friend built and picked out all my parts 3 years ago but he's dead so idk what to do.
>>
>>54521540
1070/1080 just came out and are more power efficient too. Wait a bit and save a bit.
>>
>>54521540
I forgot to mention, I put my 980 into a Core 2 Quad (Dell XPS4000 from 8 or 9 years ago) w/8GB and had no problem running BF4 even over 3 screens though CPU use was well over 70%.

You'd be surprised how little most people really need.
>>
jesus, are you really trusting canyourunit?
you're fucking retarded
>>
File: 1457875891360.jpg (37 KB, 466x349) Image search: [Google]
1457875891360.jpg
37 KB, 466x349
The 4770k should run all modern gpus without bottleneck.
If you must, just oc it.. It is the k version after all..
Mines at 4.7 and temps never hit above 50 with water.
>>
File: LKFZ5uF.png (643 KB, 800x478) Image search: [Google]
LKFZ5uF.png
643 KB, 800x478
Unless you need vr or 1440p ultra (or have a hole in your pocket), you don't even need to upgrade. I'm frankly a little underwhelmed by this die size so far.

After Nvidia/AMD make their 'reference models' with the default shitty cooler, third parties will make their own coolers, and even modify the architecture of the card (slightly).

The default cards you see use blower fans, they're loud and generally terrible.

EVGA has been making great cards, anything with their ACX cooler is nice.

Sorry about your friend. Sifting through the shitposting, you can learn a lot here.
>>
Don't upgrade yet, wait for the next generation if anything
>>
>>54521578

What settings were you running it on? Starting to feel like my i3-2100 is responsible for a slight bottleneck, though it could be my imagination
>>
>>54521540
are you fucking retarded
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.